***** Baltimore Orioles 2023 Season Thread *****

33,688 Views | 333 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by Explosivo12
Tibbers
How long do you want to ignore this user?
And he got lit up. 3.2 gave up 8 runs, 6 of them earned. Yeesh. 4 walks as well.
OriolePete
I jinxed him by mentioning him.
Tibbers
No no, small sample size anyway. Good to see him up in the majors getting a look.
OriolePete
I thought we'd be pretty darn competitive this season and we would be in the mix and possibly secure a spot in the playoffs...but if you told me we'd be in first in the AL East, especially when it looked like the Rays would run away with it, and 30 games above .500 AND just 5 wins away from matching our win total from last season BEFORE September AND we would only be adding Fujinami, Flaherty and some dude named Webb...

I can't say I would have believe you.

And Aggie football is around the corner!

This might be the most exciting fall of sports I've had in all my 42 years here. Fall, not fall

Tibbers
It really is amazing. This year has been so much fun. Webb was such a baffling pickup in that, how in the world was he DFA'd and how in the world did he fall to us? He's been crazy good and pitches nearly every day. I think he also has years of control left too. What an amazing find by Elias. Jury is still out on Flaherty for me hah.
Tibbers
Tibbers
Tibbers
Candlelight vigil for Bautista.
OriolePete
That was...less than fun.

Hopefully it isn't serious, but I can't help but assume it is.

It'll be interesting to see what they do in the pen to replace him, however long it is.

I say let Hall fill in as closer. He has some good whiff rates too I think. I guess Webb would make more sense. Anyone but Baker
Tibbers
It could even be Wells. He got the save yesterday in AAA. Lots of options. It hurts, but we do have options.
Farmer1906
AG
No Bueno.

Tibbers
Next man up, Hall is ready and back with the team. If there's one thing this team is, it's resilient.
OriolePete
I hope Wells ends up back in the starting rotation this season. But I mean whatever works, I'm fine with. Still hurts. Hopefully it heals well.
Big Bucks
AG
Grayson doing Grayson things tonight. Great outing.
Tibbers
He's really coming into his ace role. No need to make a trade deadline acquisition or overpay for an ace when we had one the whole time.
OriolePete
3 in a row. 3.5 lead with like 35 games left I think.

tcow715
AG
I wouldn't be surprised to hear news on Bautista soon. I have a bad feeling it is Tommy John, but they just haven't officially announced.
OriolePete
It's a good thing I am on mountain time so I can enjoy these "late" games.
Tibbers
After that last game, I'm glad to stay up late to see this team. Special doesn't really put it into words. They are like no Orioles team I've ever seen.
Cromagnum
AG
Tibbers
O's sweep the Angels, holiday made it to AAA in his first year as a big leaguer. Dude is 19. What a massive get by the O's and smart pick over over heralded prospects at the top.
OriolePete
And before that Henderson who is hitting the ball harder than everyone in the league but Acuna. And before that Adley. And before that Heston. I'm really surprised we haven't seen him yet.
Tibbers
Henderson continues his rookie of the year campaign with a 3 run homer as the O's take down the Red Sox again. 7 in a row on the road. Gave up 23 hits but still got the win. This team is simply amazing.
OriolePete
Rom sure did want this game.
Tibbers
And he earned it. Probably the worst stretch of baseball we've played all year. I also think Mounty is out and Heston will be called up which is a major crapshoot. Could be good, but we likely lost Mounty for the rest of the year and potentially the playoffs as well which breaks my heart for the guy.
OriolePete
Welp I guess we are gonna do this now and get it out of the way. I've been waiting for this moment. Do they REALLY believe? We're going to find out sooner rather than later.
Marvin
AG
What the heck is going on with the Orioles?
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Marvin
AG
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
OriolePete
BOS.
Tibbers
Well that was a much needed win! Greyson pitched lights out and is really emerging as our ace. Gunnar doing Gunnar things and we captured the series victory over the rays and tiebreaker. Huge game for the O's! Now let's split the series and win today as we head to Houston to face another tough test in the Astros!
Tibbers
We did it! We are going to the postseason!!

And what an incredible win against the rays today! True team effort! As Hyde said, this is step one! The first of many years of AL East dominance!

OriolePete
CED!
OriolePete
OriolePete
I was waiting for this.
OriolePete
Well Heston has officially arrived. We are SPOILED with young talent. I'm starting to think we have a shot without a bullpen with this offense.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.