***** Baltimore Orioles 2023 Season Thread *****

33,082 Views | 333 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Explosivo12
Tibbers
How long do you want to ignore this user?
He's a gold glover. Tough tough play and with a good pick by Mounty he's out.
Tibbers
Mateo comes through again! My guy!
OriolePete
Adley is human after all. Ha
Tibbers
He was just being humble.
OriolePete
Welp I'm ready to start calling up prospects and trade for the future. Haha JK long way to go.
OriolePete
And I'm back!
Tibbers
7-4 against Cease so far.
OriolePete
I like tonight's lineup. Hopefully Kremer can get back on track.
Tibbers
Great win, proving we can with pitching just as much as we can with the bats. Cano looking like a stud and columbe just keeps getting the job done. I'm liking how our bullpen is shaping up so far. What a trade, we give up Lopez for Cano and Povich. Sheeeeeeeeeit that's pretty nice!
OriolePete
Cano and then Bautista. What a duo. 6'5" and 6'8"

If Cano continues, look out. When Givens and Tate come back our bullpen doesn't really need much unless we have more injuries. I still can't believe the amount of talent we've stockpiled in the farm either. How could anyone possibly mess this up...
Tibbers
Trust in Elias, the best is yet to come with that trade in Povich. Can't wait to see Bradish back on the mound today. I have a feeling Henderson breaks out today.
Tibbers
The O's keep winning, first with the bats, now with the arms. Sounds like a complete team to me. Let's sweep the Tigers today!
OriolePete
I've decided I want the Orioles to trade for Brandon Marsh this year to play LF. Just randomly watching this Rockies Phillies game. I just feel he would fit right in. RF is like CF now...

Oh and O's looking GOOD
Tibbers
No need to trade for what we already have. Colton Cowser is the future at LF. Also, the orioles are on fire right now!!
OriolePete
Tibbers said:

No need to trade for what we already have. Colton Cowser is the future at LF. Also, the orioles are on fire right now!!
Funny because I should know better as I LOVE Cowser (fellow SHSU Bearkat) and Palmer or Kevin Brown had mentioned Cowser was the future at LF last night and I was thinking "for shame, Pete" ha

AL East is insane. All over 500, we will take all the wildcards and either the Rangers or Astros are going to be left out. Well not likely but still. 7 in a row!
Tibbers
At this rate AL East is going to have three teams in the playoff and probably deserve more lol. Long season though, but the switch in scheduling has definitely shown the AL East is the best division in baseball.
The Milkman
AG
Think I'm going to scooter over to Camden tonight to watch the game.
OriolePete
When Mullins hit that grand slam, I just couldn't help but laugh. That would have just been too much.

Austin Hayes needs to wear gloves.

Funny story yesterday as well. I'm here in Denver and I was wearing my O's hat of course at the grocery store. I get to the cashier and she's like "Hey! I'm from Baltimore! Go O's!" And right after she says that the guy behind me in line pops up and he just smiles and I turn and he's wearing his O's hat and says "I'm from Baltimore too!" And even points down to his black and orange custom Nikes. He and I both were born at Walter Reed and both moved to Texas before moving eventually moving to Denver.

It was a tad weird for sure.
Tibbers
Serendipitous! When the Orioles are going good, I believe more and more interactions like that will happen. It's going to be a proud decade of Orioles baseball culminating in a couple of World Series wins and the majority of that spent playing in the post season.
OriolePete
Ortiz in the lineup! Man that was fast, but I think we need to see what he can do, even if it's only for a little bit. McKenna and Vavra seemed redundant and just like Stowers, it slows development sitting on a MLB bench. Using your youngest players as utility types has it's drawbacks.

I'm excited to see what he can do. In an infield loaded with prospects Ortiz has shot passed them all. I think they want to be sure of what they have before they mistakenly deal him in a prospect package. Or, showcasing him? I do love love love this farm system but I am not looking forward to the coming downside. They will trade prospects, and no matter which ones they do, people won't like it. My only hope is they only trade who I think they should trade and every single trade we make must work to our advantage. But I'll take these problems over wondering how many games behind is too many games behind.
cageybee77
AG
Noice place ya got heeya.
Tibbers
We know the glove will play, let's see about the bat. So excited for the young fella!!
Tibbers
cageybee77 said:

Noice place ya got heeya.

Welcome to the party pal!
Tibbers
With Hays getting hit in the hand, I'm hopeful we see Cowser if Hays goes to the IL. Last year he played hurt, no need to do that this year.
OriolePete
Mateo!!!! He's unbelievable!
Big Bucks
AG
Grayson with his best start of the season and the win. Two hits, one walk and nine strikeouts in five innings. Great to see him learning how to pitch in the majors (if Detroit qualifies).
Tibbers
He really was incredible. DL looked really good too. I wouldn't mind him staying with the club and DFA Perez. Perhaps if Kremer continues to struggle, DL takes his spot and Kremer could be our long reliever. Anyway, Greyson was masterful today and the future is so bright for him. He's like a young Verlander.
Tibbers
Did I mention that Cano is simply the best reliever in baseball?

Even if the Lopez trade only yields Cano, that's a win, but don't forget we also got Povich off that deal too. What a trade boys. What a trade.
OriolePete
Perez simply doesn't have it anymore. It was a good run, but time to move on. Tate and Givens can't get here fast enough. Hall needs to permanently replace Perez as the lefty in the bullpen along with Akin. Plus you'll save Hall some innings. If you find a lefty later in the season, then you can stretch out Hall or whatever if needed for the rotation late.

I really don't care what they do, just keep winning!
Tibbers
Well that game had it all, homers, defense, a comeback, a 16 pitch at bat, damn I love this team. Keep winning series and sweep these ****ing Royals.
OriolePete
Every game we go down early and I'm like "welp, here we go the beginning of the end" and I always end up looking stupid and I love every minute of it.
Tibbers
You just gotta believe that regardless the score, we will always find a way to win. Been a fun season and this next month is going to be tough as hell. We will find out who we are in May.
OriolePete
Welp, new win streak starts today. I must have spoken that game into existence. My bad. Haha
Tibbers
Big time series win against the royals. Wow that was a dog fight!
Tibbers
Big time win in Atlanta!! 11-0 in series openers. God I love this team!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.