***** Baltimore Orioles 2023 Season Thread *****

32,968 Views | 333 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Explosivo12
Tibbers
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Guys, it's been an amazing year. I am so thankful for this summer of baseball. It's been an incredible experience, something I've gotten to share with my Dad who I love and respect more than anything in this world. To see him happy, a lifelong O's fan, to share a cigar and talk about the old days after winning the AL East, to live and die by each win with him at my side is something I can't really quantify into words.

We are playing on House money. Everything we do from here is an added bonus to the incredible moments we've witnessed throughout the year. From Ryan O'Hearn's remarkable home run in Toronto against Romano, to Adley's walkoff against Oakland, to Santander's walkoff against the Yankees, to Cedric's cycle or his Rob a home run/hit a home run insanity or that crazy 3 run homer against Houston, to Gunnar's rookie of the year campaign, to Frazier's double to tie it against the rays, to Mounty's 7 RBI routing, to the second half dominance of all our pitchers, to the Mountain, to Danny Boy, to this amazing team. I just wanted to thank y'all formally for being along for the ride and I just wanted to say, "Go to War Miss Agnes! Ain't the beer cold!!"
GrapevineAg
AG
Hey, good luck in this series vs my Rangers. Should be fun. Nothing but love for the O's.
OriolePete
Looks like my worlds will be colliding with this rain delay. I can't decide if this will be awesome or too much.
OriolePete
Was better than I expected. Best case scenario, we get to advance in Baltimore. Worst case scenario, let's get this toxic Rangers/Astros ALCS started.
cap-n-jack
That was strike 3
jkag89
Yep. Luckily it did not cost other than a few extra pitches.
LawHall88
AG
Been a great season, and it ain't over yet, but what a bummer. Down 9-2 in the 3rd, at this point the only goal can be to burn through as few pitchers as possible so we have a bullpen for Game 3.
Tibbers
Agreed. I'll never understand Baker even being on the roster but Hyde knows more than I. All I know is results and the guy doesn't have it this year. Oh well. The only solace I can find is this will be a learning experience for our young roster. This will not be the last time we will experience the postseason. Lots to learn for our young roster. But Baker? Really? You kidding me? And no Flaherty over Webb who gave up a game dealing homerun a game ago. Hyde gets to learn too. I just hope he isn't Showalter when it comes to the postseason.
LawHall88
AG
Another rough start.
LawHall88
AG
LawHall88 said:

Another rough start.
I mean, a real, real rough start.
Farmer1906
AG
Don't give up.
OriolePete
Oh well. Bautista back in 2025. That'll be the year. I have a feeling next year will be painful.

See y'all next year. I'm not watching this crowd. Haha
Tibbers
It's 6-0. It's not gonna happen, but man, what an amazing year. This series was lost game 1 with a missed sign and then Baker in game 2 by being Baker. Oh well, still an incredible year.
OriolePete
I can hear it now though

"Well, we won 101 games with these guys. We like our guys."

I see MINIMAL moves this off season based on that mantra. Eh, at least I have footb-
OriolePete
Gunnar needs to be an Oriole for life. I just don't see how that can happen when it comes time. Ok. On to Los Angeles!
bearkatag15
AG
OriolePete said:

Gunnar needs to be an Oriole for life. I just don't see how that can happen when it comes time. Ok. On to Los Angeles!
He will likely go the way of Springer. It sucks but y'all have so much minor league depth that will hopefully replace him
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
Mr.Bond
AG
You guys remind me a ton of the 2015 Astros. Yalls future is very bright. Congrats on a great season
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Tibbers
Hurts a little less to be bounced by the World Series AL reps. Congrats to the Rangers! Hats off to an incredible team!
Explosivo12
Petition to change the title to 2024 and let's start this bad boy back up. Orioles have so many storylines:

How will Burnes do?
Will Holliday make the team?
Who is the Cano of this year?
Who emerges from the fight for the 4th outfielder spot between Cowser, Kjerstad, and Stowers?
Will Mateo turn into the super utility player?
Will Greyson take the next step forward?
Will Bradish be in good health this year?
Will the Orioles repeat as AL East champs this year?

So many, so many!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.