***** Baltimore Orioles 2023 Season Thread *****

34,141 Views | 333 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by Explosivo12
OriolePete
How long do you want to ignore this user?
OriolePete
Tibbers
First place! 3 out of 4 against the Rays! Two games up! Holy crap!
Tibbers
Another huge win and Westie and Cowser show up big tonight again. I'm pretty close to throwing in the towel on Baker but with our depleted bullpen, what else were we to do but throw him. Perez grew up before our eyes however. Good to see him get success.
OriolePete
If we can just get this trade deadline right...what a shot we have. I WANT us to make a couple of huge deals but I'm fairly certain it will be a lot lighter than I would think. I would imagine they still have a few arms in the organization they aren't giving up on. If Perez can get back to where he was last year, that could take a lot of pressure off.

I'm curious how we will handle the starting pitching as Wells and Kremers innings continue stack up as I think both are approaching or are already past their highest inning totals in a season.

Good times
Tibbers
Santander to Right! SANTANDER TO RIGHT!!

Greyson grew up today. If he pitches like that down the stretch and into the postseason, we don't need to trade for another starter. Guy looks like vintage Verlander!
Big Bucks
AG
Grayson's control has been so much better this stint. Must have found something and got it corrected. His last two starts have been very good. If it holds, this team could make some noise in the postseason.
OriolePete
So what are we doing today? Laurenzen? Anyone?
Tibbers
Apparently, asking price for Lorenzen was too high. If you look at a side by side comparison of Flaherty to Cease the two are nearly identical with Flaherty having more experience in the postseason. I think it's a big time get and we still hold on to our top ten prospects and no one close to the top 100 overall. Big fan of the move and with Hall, Means, and hopefully Tate coming back I think we will be fine for starting pitching and bullpen. The O's took down three Cy Young winners (price, Verlander and Scherzer) back in 2014. This team is special and I'm glad we didn't give up anyone of consequence to make our team better. Move Baker back to AAA and keep Krehbel. He looked awesome last night.
dabo man
AG
Tuned in to watch Flaherty pitch (I wish the Cards had resigned him). Who do I hear but Ben "Aggies threw batteries at me" McDonald. I had enough of this tool during the college season. Listening to their radio as audio now.

I've been to 46 of the 48 contiguous states. Maryland is one of the ones I've not been to (RI is the other).
dabo man
AG
And now Genesis Cabrera (another recent Cardinal) is pitching for Toronto.
Tibbers
Tibbers
dabo man said:

Tuned in to watch Flaherty pitch (I wish the Cards had resigned him). Who do I hear but Ben "Aggies threw batteries at me" McDonald. I had enough of this tool during the college season. Listening to their radio as audio now.

I've been to 46 of the 48 contiguous states. Maryland is one of the ones I've not been to (RI is the other).

Get the MLB app, watch the game but listen to the radio broadcast? Sounds like you're due for a trip to Camden Yards then!
dabo man
AG
It's no longer called the Carolina League, but there's still one High A ball club left in MD. Some summer I want to go to an Aberdeen Ironbirds game, drive to RI, cross it, and go to a Cape Cod league game. Would be a great way to cross my last two contiguous states off of the list.
Tibbers
Really nice trip. Cherry on the top would be to see the number one team in the American League play at one of the finest ballparks ever built. If you do, head to pickles before the game, grab a Boh and walk to the stadium.
Tibbers
Up 3 games now in the AL East!
OriolePete
I thought I was the only one who couldn't stand him. I mean, I like the guy, but his voice and the way he uses it pierces my soul. Him and Booger McFarland. Ugh

On a side note, we must sweep these Astro's. Texags Astro fans are dbags.
Tibbers
All Astros fans are dbags. Karma that they will eternally be known as cheaters.
Marvin
AG
All class, I see.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
OriolePete
If there's one thing I lack, it's class.

Marvin
AG
OriolePete said:

If there's one thing I lack, it's class.

Haha, you don't lack a young and exciting team. They are fun to watch, even as they pummel my Astros.
bmac_aggie18
AG
Ranger fan here…good job boys keep this up please
AlwaysNextYear89
AG
Shame you probably burned Bautista tonight for the series!
Mr.Bond
AG
OriolePete said:

I thought I was the only one who couldn't stand him. I mean, I like the guy, but his voice and the way he uses it pierces my soul. Him and Booger McFarland. Ugh

On a side note, we must sweep these Astro's. Texags Astro fans are dbags.

Still bitter about the Ole name change I see
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Marvin
AG
Think we get another thread warning?
Mr.Bond
AG
Marvin said:

Think we get another thread warning?

No safe space trigger warning on this thread
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Ag_07
AG
bmac_aggie18 said:

OriolePete
Well, they obviously cheated.
bmac_aggie18
AG
bmac_aggie18 said:

Welp, I'll take the L on this one. Promise I won't show up tomorrow
LarryElder
bmac_aggie18 said:

hahahha what a dork like all ranger fans.
OriolePete
I woke up this morning feeling much better. At least I don't live in Houston.
MelvinUdall
OriolePete said:

I woke up this morning feeling much better. At least I don't live in Houston.

That's OK, Houston is full, but I hear Harlem Park has plenty of availability.
Ag_07
AG
I all seriousness yalls team is pretty dangerous and fun to watch. If the Stros don't win it all I'll be rooting for the Os.

I doubt it but I'm curious what you think...Would that 9th inning have played out differently if Hyde hadn't been ejected? Does he walk Tucker with the bases juiced or does he yank Bautista before he faces Tucker?

Also thought that was an odd play and moment to argue and get ejected over.
OriolePete
I actually thought it was really smart in the moment. I'm probably in the minority here, but sometimes I think Hyde gets in his own way more times than not. At times it makes him look like a genius, and others it just seemed unnecessary.

I don't like his lineups and I rarely agree with his timing on pitching changes, but I did like this one, just back fired. And honestly that's just Bautista being who he is. 98% of the time he's dominant. The other 2% is no control and a good fastball hitter will take him deep.

Honestly, we probably should have won that game easy. I can just shrug and laugh that one off. Houston has 0% chance of beating us that way again, so they better bring something else as Flaherty and Brandish will shut them down.
Marvin
AG
OriolePete said:

I actually thought it was really smart in the moment. I'm probably in the minority here, but sometimes I think Hyde gets in his own way more times than not. At times it makes him look like a genius, and others it just seemed unnecessary.

I don't like his lineups and I rarely agree with his timing on pitching changes, but I did like this one, just back fired. And honestly that's just Bautista being who he is. 98% of the time he's dominant. The other 2% is no control and a good fastball hitter will take him deep.

Honestly, we probably should have won that game easy. I can just shrug and laugh that one off. Houston has 0% chance of beating us that way again, so they better bring something else as Flaherty and Brandish will shut them down.

I like the hubris. Of course, Houston could say the same thing about last night's game if Tucker makes that catch (as most outfielders would do) and just one of those groundballs goes to Pena instead of finding a hole in the shift.

Looking forward to the game today, and thanks for talking baseball with us!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.