***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,521,934 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
spadilly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Ag_07 said:

Death, taxes, the Stros making the postseason, and endless discussion on MMP roof status and game times

All certainties in life
I'm just saying, with the weather expected to be perfect and the fact it'll help make it feel like a road game, open the roof Saturday!
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cx_Ix7ZOf1g/?igshid=MWZjMTM2ODFkZg==
Cromagnum
AG
Red Five said:

htxag09 said:

Yeah, that picture is a year old, minimum. Schlumberger changed to SLB, and they 100% changed the sign before the playoffs. I remember talking to my boss and saying if we lost in the playoffs we should all blame SLB and not award them anymore work.
It's at least 4 years old. No pennants for 19, 21, or 22.

Lol. I fell for recycled picture trap again.
Prosperdick
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

I've stated here before that everything I've been told leads me to believe there's almost a zero percent chance Dusty is back next year no matter the outcome. The tension between him and the front office is almost beyond repair if it isn't already and there's some veteran guys who are unhappy as well. That's all I'm comfortable saying on a public message board in the middle of a pennant race.

Of course, I'm just repeating what I've heard. I can't/won't guarantee anything.
I'd love to know which veterans are unhappy. We know it's not Diaz, he's not a veteran.

Would Chas be considered a veteran? If I had to guess it would be some relief pitchers that are unhappy with the passed balls or framing from Maldy and know that Diaz's bat would provide more opportunities for wins, and in Pressly's case, saves.

Also, Bryan Abreu and Hector Neris are both Dominican players (as is Diaz) and I wonder if that might play into getting upset that a fellow countryman is getting f***ed over.

Of course Framber and Javier are Dominican born players too but they seem to love Maldy, especially Valdez.

Anyway, I've spent too much time speculating on something we'll likely never know unless 2015 wants to spill the beans.
Mathguy64
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Nope. He's not coming back. If he does, there will be an absolute mess to clean up with unhappy guys in clubhouse and in the front office.

As far as Maldy goes, I don't expect him back either.... as a player.
So. Brocamonte retires and Maldy is the bull pen catcher?
texasaggie2015
AG
It has nothing to do with Maldonado.

I'll likely share more once the season is over and everything plays out
GhostWipe15
AG
Looking at the TV Guide for Saturday. Fox is blocked out for College Football all day on Saturday, FS1 has a TBA blocked from 2:30 to 6:00 and another from 7:30 to 11:00.

If the O's really do have the early game locked up, looks like we have the late game on Saturday.
AggiEE
texasaggie2015 said:

Probably all the **** talking he's done against Chaz and Diaz and playing Julks like an everyday starter
Mr President Elect
AG
GhostWipe15 said:

Looking at the TV Guide for Saturday. Fox is blocked out for College Football all day on Saturday, FS1 has a TBA blocked from 2:30 to 6:00 and another from 7:30 to 11:00.

If the O's really do have the early game locked up, looks like we have the late game on Saturday.

I think most know we have the late game if the O's are going to play at noon, but obviously those times are not set in stone.
Charlie Conway
texasaggie2015 said:

has this guy given us any reason to believe what he says? not being rude I've just been in and out of this thread lately and don't know how reliable he is
The Porkchop Express
AG
Prosperdick said:

n_touch said:

Cromagnum said:

ESPN cameras caught lightning at MMP yesterday. All we need is a purple Muppet to count pennants and we're set.

I'll answer for Cromagnum:

Your large metal bird scares me. I'm just a caveman! NOW BRING ME ANOTHER SCOTCH!
The Porkchop Express
AG
Charlie Conway said:

texasaggie2015 said:

has this guy given us any reason to believe what he says? not being rude I've just been in and out of this thread lately and don't know how reliable he is
He's a pathological liar. We humor him because his doctor says it keeps him from killing ... again.
gougler08
AG
Yandy Diaz remembered how to catch
Bag
AG
so, I realize that they play all the games at the top WC seed, but do they not alternate who is the home team? For some reason I was thinking they at least gave the visiting team one opportunity to get the last at bat
texasaggie2015
AG
Lol
Farmer1906
AG
GhostWipe15 said:

When I say Fox I am talking about Fox, Fs1, Fs2, and whatever else they own.
Charlie Conway
texasaggie2015 said:

Lol
man i dont know, that why I'm asking!
Mr President Elect
AG
Bag said:

so, I realize that they play all the games at the top WC seed, but do they not alternate who is the home team? For some reason I was thinking they at least gave the visiting team one opportunity to get the last at bat

That is just in college
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Mr President Elect said:

Lonestar_Ag09 said:

Personally I'd prefer the early game so I can watch and then lead straight intro he Ags.

If it's later they will overlap
Wouldn't the early game overlap with the Ags? What are the time slots?
if they overlap Astros first I can flip back and forth or record Aggies and catch up at halftime to watch second half live.
tjack16
AG
Saturday I'd like the night game. Sunday I'd like the 3 PM

I'll be at the bama game Saturday, and then going to MMP Sunday.
texasaggie2015
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Hearing we've made an offer that we believe will get it done. It's now up to the Mets to accept and JV to waive the no trade clause. Dodgers obviously engaged as well but the Houston side is feeling good about it. We've done our part.
For Conway: Here's some of the work I'm most proud of. This was the night before JV came to Houston. I had been posting about it for a couple weeks.

Enough tooting my own horn though. I'm sure the board can speak on some other instances.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Mr President Elect said:

Lonestar_Ag09 said:

Personally I'd prefer the early game so I can watch and then lead straight intro he Ags.

If it's later they will overlap
Wouldn't the early game overlap with the Ags? What are the time slots?

3pm and 8pm for FS1

That isn't the times mentioned yesterday. With those times obviously the later game
MosesHallRAB04
AG
Rangers have grossman in the 3 hole? Just allowed them to walk Seager and face him in a big spot.
Charlie Conway
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Charlie Conway said:

texasaggie2015 said:

Hi welcome to the thread! Glad you could join us after nearly 100k posts on the thread and 2300 pages.
Charlie Conway
Lonestar_Ag09 said:

Charlie Conway said:

texasaggie2015 said:

Hi welcome to the thread! Glad you could join us after nearly 100k posts on the thread and 2300 pages.
hmmm I can tend to be toxic and negative, and with the way this season was going at times, I did yall a favor
jetch17
AG
Wow TB licks
Post removed:
by user
CFTXAG10
AG
Eflin nosedive. Sheesh.
cap-n-jack
TB defense is awful.
SpaceCityAg05
AG
I still think the most obvious path would be to promote Espada to manager and add Maldonado to the coaching staff in some capacity, whether as bench coach, quality control, third pitching coach, whatever.

I have a feeling if that happened the coaching tone of the staff would transform immensely as it seems the guys behind Dusty are a fiery bunch restrained along by Dusty's resting heart rate of 7 beats per minute.
gougler08
AG
I'm ok with the Rangers winning this one
Farmer1906
AG
gougler08 said:

Absolutely. Do you think a pitching staff of Monty, Eovaldi, Dunning, and Heaney has any shot of making a WS run? Not a chance. We'd be lucky to get them in the CS.
jkag89
gougler08 said:

I want baseball tomorrow so any team that lost yesterday is who I'm pulling for today. Unfortunately, TB looks dead in the water. Need to answer this inning with at least a run.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
With their offense they are dangerous. But their pitching also has the ability to give up runs in piles, especially the pen.
First Page Last Page
Page 2669 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.