***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,499,382 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
Post removed:
by user
Mathguy64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm giving Angel a break on this one. Half of the checked swings don't get called when they should. It's a hard call.

Harper is overreacting because he can get away with it.
Farmer1906
AG
You know how the bullpen works. Not even Dusty uses guys 3 days in a row. The Padres are asking him to do 3 days in a row over multiple innings in a meaningless game. Sounds like the manager blew it like he blew the entire season.
redline248
AG
How old is Hader?
Farmer1906
AG
redline248 said:

How old is Hader?

Age 29 season. About to hit the market for the first time.
cap-n-jack
**** both of them, but man it wasn't even close.
Mathguy64
AG
Let's not forget that MIL unloaded Hader at the trade deadline last year. They cut ties with their closer in a playoff race. Something tells me there is something off with him. And I suspect that whole SD clubhouse is a flaming mess.
Farmer1906
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Let's not forget that MIL unloaded Hader at the trade deadline last year. They cut ties with their closer in a playoff race. Something tells me there is something off with him. And I suspect that whole SD clubhouse is a flaming mess.

Possibly but it probably has more to do with selling high before he needed to get paid. They'll probably do the same thing with their Burns & Woodruff. Just like the Guards selling SP in a postseason run. It's how these low budget teams stay decent.
redline248
AG
Farmer1906 said:

redline248 said:

How old is Hader?

Age 29 season. About to hit the market for the first time.
How many years will he get?
How many should he get?
How many would you want the Astros to give? We still have Pressly for 2 more?
Post removed:
by user
Farmer1906
AG
Bregxit said:

Farmer1906 said:

You know how the bullpen works. Not even Dusty uses guys 3 days in a row. The Padres are asking him to do 3 days in a row over multiple innings in a meaningless game. Sounds like the manager blew it like he blew the entire season.

It was the game on the 25th. He pitched the 20th and 23rd. Was off the 21st, 22nd and 24th. Where do you get multiple innings three days in a row?

I was thinking it was more recent. My bad.
chlavinka
AG
Neris has a $12 million player option which he will decline. We should do what it takes to keep him.
Farmer1906
AG
chlavinka said:

Neris has a $12 million player option which he will decline. We should do what it takes to keep him.

Montero contract?
AggiEE
Farmer1906 said:

chlavinka said:

Montero contract?

What about Montero's contract?

Neris has a proven record of being great
BadAggie
AG
Yankees 0
Toronto 3
Bottom of 6th
Ag_07
AG
Julio needs to STFU. If he can't take getting jawed at after he Ks for 8th time in 3 games then he I don't ever wanna see him pimp a HR.

He better be doing his best Biggio impression every time he jacks one out.

He deserves to play for a cckskr like Servais in that wasteland for the rest of his career.
Mr President Elect
AG
Mathguy64 said:

I'm giving Angel a break on this one. Half of the checked swings don't get called when they should. It's a hard call.

Did you watch the replay? Not even close in the least. Ump shouldn't have even asked for help.
Ag_07
AG
So it's my opinion appealing needs to be done away with all together.

Let the HP ump make the call and if he can't then it's not a swing.

The ambiguity of when it's appealed when it's not what it what isn't is frustrating as hell. Just take all of it out and let the HP ump make the call.
BadAggie
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Julio got his feelings hurt.

*sobs* I won't talk to him anymore. *sobs*

maca1028
W
AG
this score plus the Diamondbacks' earlier loss...

probably need the Rangers to win tonight

to get more separation from the Mariners
Farmer1906
AG
AggiEE said:

Farmer1906 said:

chlavinka said:

Montero contract?

What about Montero's contract?

Neris has a proven record of being great

Sure, but that was my guess what it's going to take to keep him.
falcon09
AG
BadAggie said:

Yankees 0
Toronto 3
Bottom of 6th

I'm pulling for the Jays. I want the 2 or 6 seed. Do not want to pass them but not the Rangers and wind up playing in Tampa.

And **** the Yankees
Prosperdick
AG
I'm at the point where all this other game watching is window dressing, we just need to win and get in and then anything can happen. If our bully continues to pitch like they have been and our bats just wake up a little we're the most dangerous team in the playoffs.
Prosperdick
AG
Mr President Elect said:

Mathguy64 said:

Did you watch the replay? Not even close in the least. Ump shouldn't have even asked for help.
I did catch Harper calling him "the worst ump in the league." I love that Angel gets to hear that all the time from various sources and yet he still files lawsuits like the tone deaf moron he is. Kinda reminds me of a certain manager.
cap-n-jack
Prosperdick said:

I'm at the point where all this other game watching is window dressing, we just need to win and get in and then anything can happen. If our bully continues to pitch like the have been and our bats just wake up a little we're the most dangerous team in the playoffs.

But can our starters stay long enough to not gas the pen? Like you said, anything can happen. Just don't know man.
BadAggie
AG
W said:

this score plus the Diamondbacks' earlier loss...

probably need the Rangers to win tonight

to get more separation from the Mariners

More certainty with Arlington winning tonight and tomorrow and getting it done v Arizona tomorrow.

Worst case other than missing playoffs is having to play until Sunday with all starters and JV and Javier starting just to make wildcard.
Mr President Elect
AG
Prosperdick said:

I'm at the point where all this other game watching is window dressing, we just need to win and get in and then anything can happen. If our bully continues to pitch like they have been and our bats just wake up a little we're the most dangerous team in the playoffs.
Jays winning this game takes away one scenario where we get in losing 2 of 3 this weekend paired with M's winning 3+.
iamtheglove
Watching the arlington's broadcast. My goodness these announcers are brutal. Constant droning on about next to nothing. No personality, just a sea of words to fill the air. Like listening to your uncle talk about his haircut for 3 hours. We are so lucky to have TK, Blummer and Julia.
Boiling Denim
Put me in the camp that's ok with the Mariners losing the next two. I want to wake up Saturday morning after a Friday night win and having clenched a playoff spot. I can't help but feel pessimistic about this regular season and want to be done with it asap
iamtheglove
Julio strikes out in the bottom of the 1st and Mariners fans are booing him. Wow
Mathguy64
AG
Mr President Elect said:

Mathguy64 said:

Yes I watched it. I stand by what I said. It's a really hard call and just as many are missed as are right. Angel missed it. It's not that bad a miss in the scheme of things.
Mathguy64
AG
iamtheglove said:

Julio strikes out in the bottom of the 1st and Mariners fans are booing him. Wow

Anyone in the stands calling him a CNUT in Spanish?
lead
lead said:

Some serious BAS in here. ESPN has us 96% chance making playoffs

9/20:HOU-90%, TEX-74%, TOR-71%, SEA-65%
9/21:HOU-92%, TOR-75%, TEX-73%, SEA-60%
9/22: HOU-92%, TEX-75%, TOR-73%, SEA-60%
9/23:TOR-90%, HOU-83%, TEX-80%, SEA-47%
9/24: TEX-90%, TOR-90%, HOU-72%, SEA-47%
9/25: TOR-98%, TEX-96%, HOU-58%, SEA-48%
9/26: TEX-98%, TOR-98%, HOU-76%, SEA-28%
9/27: TEX-97%, TOR-96%, HOU-61%, SEA-46%
9/28: TEX-99%, TOR-93%, HOU-83%,SEA-25%

redline248
AG
ESPN Developing Story: MLB investigating incedent between Hector Neris and Julio Rodriguez
First Page Last Page
Page 2552 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.