***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,503,349 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
txags92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bearkatag15 said:

wouldn't hate doing this with Arrighetti the last couple weeks. Just give him some bullpen innings to see what he has vs MLB hitters
Sure. Just as soon as we clinch the division then we can go ahead and play around with things like that. Until then, we need to be managing the lineup and bullpen like every game is a playoff game.
bearkatag15
AG

This is interesting... if it is truly just Dusty's old ass deciding on Brantley sitting then I feel better about him going forward.
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
Beau Holder
AG
txags92 said:

bearkatag15 said:

wouldn't hate doing this with Arrighetti the last couple weeks. Just give him some bullpen innings to see what he has vs MLB hitters
Sure. Just as soon as we clinch the division then we can go ahead and play around with things like that. Until then, we need to be managing the lineup and bullpen like every game is a playoff game.

We're rostering Joel Kuhnel and Bennett Sousa during this stretch so I'm not sure seeing what Spaghetti has would be worse.
bearkatag15
AG
Exactly... he is better right now than 2-3 of our worst active bullpen arms lol
Bob Lee
AG
However far the Astros go, they'll have gotten there with one arm tied behind their backs.
txags92
AG
bearkatag15 said:

This is interesting... if it is truly just Dusty's old ass deciding on Brantley sitting then I feel better about him going forward.
Two thoughts...

1 - Damn you Dusty, Framber, and JV for putting us in this position by refusing to even TRY letting Diaz catch for them during the regular season. Because of that, we are in the situation of either sitting one of our best hitter or putting him in and losing the DH if he has to move over and catch.

2 - If Brantley is having that much discomfort that he may not be able to consistently play, do you need to consider leaving him off of the playoff roster? And if so, who do you put in his place?
txags92
AG
bearkatag15 said:

How many innings have those guys pitched lately?
bearkatag15
AG
I think you do leave him off the playoff roster if he truly isn't available in the next week or so. For who to bring on to the play off roster, it has to be Sanchez for the 3rd catcher. Need to have a back up plan at catcher so Diaz can DH
MosesHallRAB04
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

Looking forward to a fun sports weekend:
Astros hopefully separate themselves form the Rangers and Ms
Aggies make a statement win over Auburn and the Cowboys keep rolling against AZ even without Diggs.

Without hesitation I'd take trade an Astros sweep for the Ags getting smashed by Auburn. Ags seasons ceiling in SEC is .500 at best and I seriously doubt they can even do that.
All I do is Nguyen
I am invoking Rally Connelly

txags92
AG
Agree, Sanchez makes the most sense given that logic.
bearkatag15
AG
txags92 said:

bearkatag15 said:

How many innings have those guys pitched lately?
Souza pitched on Tuesday.

Kuhnel pitched on 9/16
JYDog90
AG
Little too much eye brow
CoachAg19
AG
MosesHallRAB04 said:

All I do is Nguyen said:

Aggies make a statement win over Auburn and the Cowboys keep rolling against AZ even without Diggs.

Without hesitation I'd take trade an Astros sweep for the Ags getting smashed by Auburn. Ags seasons ceiling in SEC is .500 at best and I seriously doubt they can even do that.

Couldn't disagree with all of this more.
Class of 2010
Prosperdick
AG
MosesHallRAB04 said:

All I do is Nguyen said:

GTFO with that bull****. You have absolutely no clue what our ceiling is and anyone who claims they do is a dip****.

Now if Weigman was hurt and lost for the season then your statement has some validity. He's not so give me a f***ing break with this .500 nonsense.
Cynic
We got cheering for the Cowboys to win and I don't care if the Ags lose. What's going on here?
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Not trying to **** her eyebrows

Now those jugs are a diff story
CoachAg19
AG
Prosperdick said:

MosesHallRAB04 said:

All I do is Nguyen said:

GTFO with that bull****. You have absolutely no clue what our ceiling is and anyone who claims they do is a dip****.

Now if Weigman was hurt and lost for the season then your statement has some validity. He's not so give me a f***ing break with this .500 nonsense.

Some people just can't help but to be miserable.
Class of 2010
lead
lead said:

Some serious BAS in here. ESPN has us 96% chance making playoffs

9/20:HOU-90%, TEX-74%, TOR-71%, SEA-65%
9/21:HOU-92%, TOR-75%, TEX-73%, SEA-60%
9/22: HOU-92%, TEX-75%, TOR-73%, SEA-60%
Farmer1906
AG
lead said:

lead said:

What is ESPN referencing?
Beau Holder
AG
MosesHallRAB04 said:

All I do is Nguyen said:

I'd take an Astros sweep over everything regardless of what A&M football's season ceiling was.
bearkatag15
AG
I was asked recently what would I choose to happen, a World Series championship or a win over Alabama... obviously I said the WS 1 million times over... I was basically shunned from that conversation lol
PhatMack19
AG
lead
Farmer1906 said:

lead said:

lead said:

What is ESPN referencing?

"Playoff tracker". My guess is that it's a simulator that postulates a lot of scenarios. Gives us the best chance of a WS win of all AL teams??
gambochaman
AG
bearkatag15 said:

I was asked recently what would I choose to happen, a World Series championship or a win over Alabama... obviously I said the WS 1 million times over... I was basically shunned from that conversation lol

I mean

Winning a championship or winning one measly game?

How is this even a question?

Now if the debate is another world series OR the ags win the national championship
Then you have a discussion
maca1028
With 2 WS championships in the book I think I'm leaning a national title for the Ag's
Mr President Elect
AG
gambochaman said:

bearkatag15 said:

I mean

Now if the debate is another world series OR the ags win the national championship
Unless you just don't like football, I don't consider this much of a question. A NC would help a lot in recruiting and help with future seasons. A championship in any of the pro sports doesn't have much of an impact on what players you can bring in for the following seasons. Plus the Astros already have a couple.

Now, a win over Bama while going 7-5 isn't going to do much and I'll easily take the WS.
tjack16
AG
gambochaman said:

bearkatag15 said:

I mean

In 2021 we lost the World Series and beat Bama

Beating Bama resulted in an 8-4 finish

I'd still go World Series unless it was beat Bama in the national title game
Wabs
AG
maca1028 said:

With 2 WS championships in the book I think I'm leaning a national title for the Ag's
I'd like a national championship for Aggie baseball.
JB!98
AG
Forgot what day is was. Have to watch the boy play ball tonight so I will leave this for good luck! Runs!

Today, unfortunately, many Americans have good reason to fear that they will be victimized if they are unable to protect themselves. And today, no less than in 1791, the Second Amendment guarantees their right to do so. - Justice Samuel Alito 2022
FrioAg 00
AG
For the first weekend 3, I'm hoping for 2-1 rangers (since we have the tie breaker over them)

linkdude
AG
Salute to Joel Kuhnel
Faustus
BadAggie said:

k20dub said:

Thinking of taking my 6 year old on Sunday. Best section to sit in with a kid? Club level?

Is your child prepared to hear dirty words?

Words are one thing, but watching our guys score is another. Fortunately we've been pretty PG on that front at home too.
RED AG 98
AG
Vin was just magical. Overused these days but without a doubt the literal best to ever do it.
JohnnyTexAg1995
No Diaz or Uncle Mike, Pena in the 2 hole…. Lol
First Page Last Page
Page 2416 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.