***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,504,837 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
Ags #1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Lol!! Of course not but he could say we got some vet pitchers who will step up etc. and saying we will win the divsion is a sure fire way to piss off the baseball gods
texasaggie2015
AG
As far as pitching goes, it's the World Baseball Classic for some. Going way over the career high on innings pitched for others. We've also had a shorter offseason than most other teams for several years now. Lots of reasons why fatigue has been setting in.
SpaceCityAg05
AG
Don't worry! Dusty is just resting up Yordan for the stretch ru...[checks notes]...offseason.
SpaceCityAg05
AG
Then again, no one should be surprised when the manager is famously known for his tried and true approach of "hang around and hope for the best".
AggieJ2002
AG
Not living in Houston, I've only gone to Astros away games this year. Are fans letting Dusty hear it all game long. I know we are not New York, but it has reached a point where the fans should be vocalizing to Dusty that all of this is not acceptable.

Could you imagine if the Yankees manager had been sabotaging the lineup like this all year. Sitting Aaron Judge while playoff hopes are hanging by a thread.

I know it probably won't change a stubborn Donkey, but the narrative needs to be set right now nationally as to why must let him go, even if we make some miraculous last minute run through the playoffs.
txags11
AG
I hope to come in from practice this afternoon and see Javier was WS Javier and the bats went nuts but I won't be surprised to come in and see the opposite..

If CJ could get us 6 that would be phenomenal
Montero-7th
Neris-8th
Abreu-9th
JDUB08AG
AG
Playoffs or not, every day is one day closer to kicking Dusty's sorry ass out of Houston.
3 Toed Pete
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

As far as pitching goes, it's the World Baseball Classic for some. Going way over the career high on innings pitched for others. We've also had a shorter offseason than most other teams for several years now. Lots of reasons why fatigue has been setting in.
I firmly believe this. The WBC this year after 6 years in a row of making it to at least the ALCS probably has worn on some of our pitchers.
AustinCountyAg
W.T.F can Crane fire that mother****er NOW??????

wonder if Dusty is trying to teach yordan a lesson for his 3 pitch strikeout last? Yordan gave dusty the middle finger last night and Dusty being a ***** and returning it today?
Cynic
tjack16 said:

My hope right now is that we win one playoff series. Don't know if that's the wild card or ALDS.

Anything past that is a bonus

I think it's the Braves vs either the Orioles or Rays in the World Series

Sorry, first thing that popped in my mind.
Marvin
AG
O/U on Oriole homers this afternoon. Set it at 3. What say you?

I'd push, but definitely think there will be multiple shots.
BadAggie
AG
Diaz could easily be the best offensive player on this team next season, out of a lineup with with Altuve, Bregman, Alvarez, and Tucker, and Dusty has started him half of the time this season.

I mean,….

Boiling Denim
AustinCountyAg said:

W.T.F can Crane fire that mother****er NOW??????

wonder if Dusty is trying to teach yordan a lesson for his 3 pitch strikeout last? Yordan gave dusty the middle finger last night and Dusty being a ***** and returning it today?
tbh if Yordan quiet quit that last AB he deserves to be benched
Chef Elko
AG
Bring back Strom
maca1028
Bring back Hinch
Chef Elko
AG
We need both back. Crane bowed down to Manfred and still lost 2 years of picks.
bearkatag15
AG
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
SpaceCityAg05
AG
Losing two years of picks was bad, but for all those who say MLB went too light on us, I present Exhibit A:

We have had to play 4 seasons with one arm tied behind our back due to the built in handicap known as Dusty Baker.
Ciboag96
Yall just wait til Crane says Dusty is staying. May need to hire a psychotherapist to cruise the board looking for bridge jumpers
Mr.Bond
AG
bearkatag15 said:

My 72 year old mother ails less than Michael Brantley.....
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

texasaggie2015
AG
Danwell Home said:

Bring back Strom
FWIW- Strom kinda sat back and let Josh Miller do about 90% of the pitching coach duties. A lot of the things we praised Strom for was really Miller's work behind the scenes.
Boiling Denim
bearkatag15 said:

Figured as much the last 2 games of that Royals series his ABs looked haggard. Just rolling over weak stuff to the right side
cc10106
Ciboag96 said:

Yall just wait til Crane says Dusty is staying. May need to hire a psychotherapist to cruise the board looking for bridge jumpers
After this season no one should be ridiculed for taking a break if that were to happen.
Texaggie7nine
texasaggie2015 said:

Danwell Home said:

Bring back Strom
FWIW- Strom kinda sat back and let Josh Miller do about 90% of the pitching coach duties. A lot of the things we praised Strom for was really Miller's work behind the scenes.
I liked the allegation in Winning Fixes Everything that all Strom did pretty much was set up guys with sticky stuff to increase their spins.
7nine
n_touch
Ciboag96 said:

There is no way. If the stories of the locker room at true and veterans are starting to have issues, Crane will not risk it. If he does then the last 6 years were a fluke and we better strap in for the "Jerry Jones" era of Astros baseball.
Chef Elko
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Danwell Home said:

Bring back Strom
Sounds like Josh Miller needs his Dad back.

790 was talking about Strom this morning in regards to processes and certain ways of doing things were falling apart after the great purge. Unfortunate to hear that if it's true but it's also not surprising.
texasaggie2015
AG
texasaggie2015
AG
Ciboag96 said:

He's not returning next year. I'll give it about a one in a million chance.
Texas A&M
Unfortunately this feels like this will always be the pattern for Alvarez's career.
JDUB08AG
AG
Texas A&M said:

Unfortunately this feels like this will always be the pattern for Alvarez's career.

Pretty sure this is dusty being a little *****
rausr
AG
Quote:

"I haven't liked how he moved

We haven't liked how Dusty has moved either.
BadAggie
AG
Yordan doesn't strike me as a quiet quitting type of individual.

If Dusty has lost him, oof….
Ag4life80
AG
Gotta say, Yordan can have some dog it in him. Yesterday's game was piss poor performance and effort.
3 Toed Pete
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Ciboag96 said:

He's not returning next year. I'll give it about a one in a million chance.
So Crane is willing to take the heat he will get from the media for firing Dusty 1 year after Dusty "led" them to the WS?

I think he should but there will be allegations of racism and Crane was unjustifiably accused of that in his other business at the time he bought the Astros. Takes more guts than most people realize to go through that again.

But Dusty needs to go.
Mathguy64
AG
Pena hasnt hit for squat in 5 months. I wonder if Dr. Dusty MD thinks he doesnt look right?
First Page Last Page
Page 2390 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.