***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,505,131 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
Beau Holder
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
spadilly said:

I'll give the O's credit, they're a good team and have that never say die attitude we have had the last few years. I didn't expect us to sweep, but we need the next two. Can't keep counting on other teams to lose every day.

Don't worry, the Mariners aren't even going to lose today
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
wangus12 said:

Picked the wrong time of year to just be in an all out funk.

not a funk a dust
Ags #1
AG
Giving up 16 hits will usually cost you the game. Pitching has sucked ass
Beat40
JohnnyTexAg1995 said:

I dislike Dusty as much as the next but he put in his closer with a 2 run lead… and we had a runner on 3rd with 1 out with two of our best hitters up. That's on the players

Sure. It's on Pressly to perform. But he also could have used a high leverage guy in a high leverage situation up 2 in the 7th against the top of the order and instead went with conventional baseball wisdom. Might have preveted them from scoring 2 runs in that inning. Might not, but at least it would have been best stuff on best stuff instead of lessor stuff against best stuff.
Mr President Elect
AG
Beat40 said:

The Porkchop Express said:

txag614 said:

Getting out managed at EVERY single turn. Amazing this team is where it is.
Bringing in your closer to close?

You could argue in the 7th, against the top of the order, it would make sense to use your other extremely high leverage guy instead of a guy who struggled very badly early in the year but seemingly had gotten it together.

They scored 2 in the 7th. Would have rather had Abreu I and used Montero in the 8th.

But it's getting to the point that even I, a guy who hasn't cared much about lineups, am getting frustrated seeing Dubon in CF on JV days.
TK and Blummer were speculating Abreu was unavailable since he got hit yesterday and never warmed up today.
texasaggie2015
AG
Keeper of The Spirits said:

Harry Dunne said:

jakeaggie84 said:

But who's fault was not sending Meyers?? You put in your fastest player for times like that!!
I think he would have been out by a mile.

agree to disagree, fastest player on the team pressure throw on a high hop but dementia ****ing ****** dusty ****s us per usual

Dude….. he can't send him from the dugout. That's on Meyers. You have to know you're going on contact and he hesitated and had no chance.

I can't stand Dusty. He deserves all the criticism in the world. This is on Jake.
W
AG
their lineup is ferocious

and just stacked with one left-handed hitter after another
Beau Holder
AG
cc10106 said:

"That's just baseball sometimes."

"Suck it up, bleeders."

"This happens to all teams sooner or later."

Does that cover the cliche responses defending this kind of crap?

"Anyone else beefing up their ignore list for the playoffs???"
Harry Dunne

Harry Dunne said:

jakeaggie84 said:

But who's fault was not sending Meyers?? You put in your fastest player for times like that!!

agree to disagree, fastest player on the team pressure throw on a high hop but dementia ****ing ****** dusty ****s us per usual
You keep saying he's the fastest player, like that means he can't be thrown out.

We'll never know and obviously knowing the way the game turned out you would send him, but at the time it didn't look like he would have even been close. I was at the game sitting in the upper deck. I had a pretty good view of the play unfolding.
tjack16
AG
The orioles are the team to beat in the AL this year. And honestly if there was another team besides us to do it, I'd be okay with them. Fun, young, likable team who we have zero beef with.

To me they remind me of our 2017 team, just without the starting pitching depth
Bioish
AG
The fact Abreu didn't pitch today is absurd. Close game against the number one team in the AL standings and Dusty decides to Dusty
texasaggie2015
AG
I'll try to post a video of Pressly tipping later
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Harry Dunne said:

jakeaggie84 said:

Dude….. he can't send him from the dugout. That's on Meyers. You have to know you're going on contact and he hesitated and had no chance.

I can't stand Dusty. He deserves all the criticism in the world. This is on Jake.

you don't think that okay run on contact or no is signaled from the dugout?
MisterFurious
AG
Pressly shouldn't be allowed to walk out to Johnny Cash anymore. He's ruining an amazing song.
maca1028
texasaggie2015 said:

Harry Dunne said:

jakeaggie84 said:

Can we get a front office vs. Dusty update?
Boiling Denim
And that was them playing hungover. We're screwed

Maybe we'll miss the playoffs by 4 games and we won't have to play this coulda shoulda
texasaggie2015
AG
Nothing is going to change. I've said this a million times. You can't change what's stated in a contract. It is what it is.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Harry Dunne said:

Harry Dunne said:

jakeaggie84 said:

You keep saying he's the fastest player, like that means he can't be thrown out.

We'll never know and obviously knowing the way the game turned out you would send him, but at the time it didn't look like he would have even been close. I was at the game sitting in the upper deck. I had a pretty good view of the play unfolding.

i had a better view in 4k from multiple angles, it would have been a great play either way it turned out
BadAggie
AG
Uncle Mike literally returns out of nowhere, hitting like he hasn't missed a beat.

Diaz hitting all the time.

But no, gonna play personal players for JV or whatever.

Never have I seen a championship caliber team screwed by its own manager like this.

Tomorrow will be the 142nd different lineup this year because reasons

tjack16
AG
Yeah nobody wants this division right now
Bioish
AG
This off-season will be addition by subtraction…
ttha_aggie_09
AG
MisterFurious said:

Pressly shouldn't be allowed to walk out to Johnny Cash anymore. He's ruining an amazing song.
His new walkout song should be Hurt, because that's what we all do after he pitches
Dies Irae
Ags #1 said:

Giving up 16 hits will usually cost you the game. Pitching has sucked ass

That's it.

JV was ok, but gave up 9 basedunners in 6 innings. Then our bullpen came up and gave up in 9 baserunners in 3 innings which includes Neris' 1 hit 3k inning. You can't win like that.
Harry Dunne

Harry Dunne said:

Harry Dunne said:

jakeaggie84 said:

i had a better view in 4k from multiple angles, it would have been a great play either way it turned out
Theres no way you can judge a play like that on TV the way you can live and you know it.

Like you said, agree to disagree and regardless, that's not even close to the top 10 reasons why we lost.
texasaggie2015
AG
Is it time to have a conversation about Josh Miller as well?
PoppaB05
AG
Tonight is a tough loss, but this is why you need to win against the Royals and A's. Good teams have good players. They are going to beat you sometimes. Presley needed work in some of those games last week, he clearly wasn't sharp. Dusty mismanaging the roster is the problem. Tonight should have been JV, Neris , Abreu, and Pressly. Diaz should have batted for Maldy although tuve bailed him out. Meyers should have been going on contact. If he's out, tip your cap. Brantley should have batted for Chaz, especially with Diaz still available. Every decision just seems like he doesn't give a f***. Can't overcome this level of stupid. Even last year, there wasn't this level of WTF
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Harry Dunne said:

Harry Dunne said:

Harry Dunne said:

jakeaggie84 said:

Theres no way you can judge a play like that on TV the way you can live and you know it.

agreee to to disagree i can see it from 4 angles that are better than the lolpoor upper deck seats

but yes we lost because dusty, abreu over montero and pres tipping
DoitBest
S
How can we possibly be so good, yet So BAD when it matters most...
Beau Holder
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

I'm happy to bring an entirely new staff in next year. Let Dana go wild.
maca1028
texasaggie2015 said:

Nothing is going to change. I've said this a million times. You can't change what's stated in a contract. It is what it is.

I know, I just really wanted you to tell me that they hate Dusty as much as TexAgs does and can't wait to fire him.
texasaggie2015
AG
I'll say this… you're not far off. And that tension has leaked into the clubhouse a bit as well. That's about all I can post on a public message board but I'll be shocked if Dusty is back next year- even if they win another title.
spadilly
S
texasaggie2015 said:

Indeed. But I'm curious how far under Dusty's thumb he is? Does he have freedom to visit the mound without Dusty's blessing?
gambochaman
AG
Beat40 said:

JohnnyTexAg1995 said:

I dislike Dusty as much as the next but he put in his closer with a 2 run lead… and we had a runner on 3rd with 1 out with two of our best hitters up. That's on the players

Sure. It's on Pressly to perform. But he also could have used a high leverage guy in a high leverage situation up 2 in the 7th against the top of the order and instead went with conventional baseball wisdom. Might have preveted them from scoring 2 runs in that inning. Might not, but at least it would have been best stuff on best stuff instead of lessor stuff against best stuff.

Thats pretty much when we lost the game and thats on dusty 100%

Why tf did he not pitch abreu there

I mean wtf
Harry Dunne

Harry Dunne said:

Harry Dunne said:

Harry Dunne said:

jakeaggie84 said:

agreee to to disagree i can see it from 4 angles that are better than the lolpoor upper deck seats

but yes we lost because dusty, abreu over montero and pres tipping
OK if they really showed 4 angles in the broadcast and you're rich, I will concede victory.

I have a feeling neither of those things are true.
texasaggie2015
AG
Because Abreu is hurt and was not available
First Page Last Page
Page 2367 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.