***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,506,949 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
OKCAg2002
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Or the night after
Harry Dunne
EastCoastAgNc said:

Apparently having a huge postseason impact doesn't make you a "big boy"...
at the rate Dusty gives him playing time he's going to be in his late 30s before he becomes a "big boy".
Harry Dunne
Harry Dunne said:

Prosperdick said:

I can already tell you what's going to happen, I previsioned it:

The rangerettes continue to lose, get eliminated, and their last 7 games against Seattle they're playing their scrubs to essentially spite us.
Now THIS I can see happening. To the sheer delight of the Rangers thread.
Even more likely now.
Mr.Bond
AG
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cw3VvIBJi0V/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

Farmer1906
AG
Chas is 65th in PA for primary OFers yet...
  • 28th in HR
  • 29th in RBI
  • 52nd in Runs
  • 5th in wRC+ (min 200 PA)
  • 13th in WAR

But his Defense!?!?!

There are 50 defenders who have played 200 innings of CF.

Chas is a +2 in Fielding Run Value. He's 35th, but some of the guys ahead of him may have gained their value at other positions (see Tommy Edman). Plus he's 24th in Innings and this is a counting stat. Very solid, but not great. And this does factor in his less than avg arm.

If you want to break is down even further. Where does he excel and struggle?
28th (out of 104) in Reaction
63rd in Burst
88th in Route
If you combine all 3 (Jump) is ranked 63rd.

Deeper dive into his arm?
Fielder Runs is a -1 (84 out of 125). He gets knocked for 5 runs by allowing guys to advance but gets credit for saving a run by throwing guys out and another 4 by holding guys from advancing. This is probably Chas's weakest area on defense, but he's not a liability. He's still ahead of guys like Cedric Mullins, George Springer, Randy Arozarena, Christian Yellich, & Carroll Corbin.

Again, this is solid. Not great. But also...

Dusty thinks Chas is a fatass.

Chas's Sprint Speed is 28.1 ft/sec. 41/62 for CFers ahead of Nimmo, Mullins, Nootbaar, & JBJ. 72nd percentile in baseball.

I know I am not breaking any news here and preaching to the choir but in conclusion...

dixichkn
AG
Prosperdick said:

Looks like the Arlington dork on the fan show didn't even show up...probably crying in a corner somewhere.
I knew it. Puss. Can run it for three straight months but the second the shoe hits the other foot……..
PhatMack19
AG
stoneca
SIAP but just saw that Adolis Garcia is heading to the IL. Tough break for the Rangers
BadAggie
AG
So it was Obese Chas? What a turn of events

scrimp
AG
If Rangers fans want to crack open a conspiracy, I'd suggest they get to the bottom of this mystery....

A journeyman outfielder with a career .236/.320/.310 slash with an OPS of .630 makes the opening day roster of a new team after bouncing between the minors and a few MLB teams the previous 3 seasons. He then spends the next 4 months raking like borderline all-star, hitting .309/.396/.394 with an OPS of .790. The calendar flips from July to August, and now he can't hit to save his life--August and September he is hitting .152/.240/.182 with an OPS of .422...

Was he stealing signs for 4 months? Hacking pitch-coms? Buzzers? Flashing lights in the outfield?

Or, maybe it's just that baseball is a crazy, streaky game. Catchers who can't hit a middle-middle fastball to save his life suddenly put 2 into the cheap seats.

When weird stats in baseball happen, remind yourself that the "MF"er that shall not be named has 2 no hitters, and guys like Curt Schilling and Greinke don't have any. Jose Urquidy has 3 times the WS wins that Justin Verlander does...
Prosperdick
AG
dixichkn said:

Prosperdick said:

Looks like the Arlington dork on the fan show didn't even show up...probably crying in a corner somewhere.
I knew it. Puss. Can run it for three straight months but the second the shoe hits the other foot……..
I actually just listened to the fan show and if you go to around 29:30 mark they all bag on him including Brauny, it was great! They even said he didn't show because of what the Astros did to the Rangers lol.
Beau Holder
AG
scrimp said:

If Rangers fans want to crack open a conspiracy, I'd suggest they get to the bottom of this mystery....

A journeyman outfielder with a career .236/.320/.310 slash with an OPS of .630 makes the opening day roster of a new team after bouncing between the minors and a few MLB teams the previous 3 seasons. He then spends the next 4 months raking like borderline all-star, hitting .309/.396/.394 with an OPS of .790. The calendar flips from July to August, and now he can't hit to save his life--August and September he is hitting .152/.240/.182 with an OPS of .422...

Was he stealing signs for 4 months? Hacking pitch-coms? Buzzers? Flashing lights in the outfield?

Or, maybe it's just that baseball is a crazy, streaky game. Catchers who can't hit a middle-middle fastball to save his life suddenly put 2 into the cheap seats.

When weird stats in baseball happen, remind yourself that the "MF"er that shall not be named has 2 no hitters, and guys like Curt Schilling and Greinke don't have any. Jose Urquidy has 3 times the WS wins that Justin Verlander does...

Too much logic. They just got historically embarrassed in their home park in the biggest series in years by their bigger, more successful brother and they're angry. Straws will be grasped.
West Roxbury
Whining after losing is just such a bad way to go about life. Get pissed at your team if you wish (like we do) but damn…. Tip your cap and move on.
BadAggie
AG
West Roxbury said:

Whining after losing is just such a bad way to go about life. Get pissed at your team if you wish (like we do) but damn…. Tip your cap and move on.

That's standard fan behavior, their team lost because of anything other than they sucked.

Meanwhile yes this thread puts any loss 100% on the team, usually Dusty

Just a different mindset I guess.

The Rangers pitching was terrible in that series. Still don't get the idea of starting Eovaldi without any rehab.
CFTXAG10
AG
NSIAP
scrimp
AG
I get the typical fan reaction to blame every loss on something. Heck, after JP France got shelled by the BoSox, I immediately assumed he must have been tipping his pitches to get crushed like he did. Maybe he was, but reality is he was probably off just enough that every good/decent pitch turned into a meatball. Confidence goes down on our side, confidence goes up on the BoSox side, and they smash everything that gets thrown near the plate.

This week it was the Astros turn to smash...

If it comes out the Astros hacked pitch-com, or were using alien mind control, or some CIA created ray guns to make opposing pitchers suck, I'll gladly eat some crow.....
TAMUworkingAG
The Beef01 said:

TAMUworkingAG said:

I was looking at Mariners schedule and I HATE to say it, but they could win almost every series, with several likely sweeps. Doesn't look good for Astros. Our only hope is for the pitching to get much better, we lost one of our best relievers with Ankle problem which doesnt help at all
You didn't actually think about this at all before you posted it, did you?

Yes l, and I'm correct too, apparently you didn't look at the Mariners schedule did you. They have easiest schedule left compared to Astros, Rangers are done
When Mariners win the conference come back and see me, I think Mariners will have at least a 5 game lead when season is over, come on back and reply here when it happens
Mr President Elect
AG
W
AG
so today is one of the Mariners "catch up" games with the Astros

the other is Thursday, September 28th
Mathguy64
AG
W said:

so today is one of the Mariners "catch up" games with the Astros

the other is Thursday, September 28th

Games that we now have as wins in the bank. They have to win both to stay even.
W
AG
random comment...

ol' Adam Wainwright is starting for St. Louis tonight.

still trying to get to 200 wins before he hangs 'em up

has not been the winning pitcher of record for the Cardinals since June 17th

ERA currently 8.10 in 18 starts

stuck on 198 wins
jah003
S
Mathguy64
AG
W said:

random comment...

ol' Adam Wainwright is starting for St. Louis tonight.

still trying to get to 200 wins before he hangs 'em up

has not been the winning pitcher of record for the Cardinals since June 17th

ERA currently 8.10 in 18 starts

stuck on 198 wins

Sounds like MLB should give him the pitching equivalent of the magic Albert balls.
AgLA06
AG
TAMUworkingAG said:

The Beef01 said:

TAMUworkingAG said:

I was looking at Mariners schedule and I HATE to say it, but they could win almost every series, with several likely sweeps. Doesn't look good for Astros. Our only hope is for the pitching to get much better, we lost one of our best relievers with Ankle problem which doesnt help at all

Yes l, and I'm correct too, apparently you didn't look at the Mariners schedule did you. They have easiest schedule left compared to Astros, Rangers are done
When Mariners win the conference come back and see me, I think Mariners will have at least a 5 game lead when season is over, come on back and reply here when it happens
Now take a look at the analysis shown directly below this really bad post.

If you still think the Mariners have the easiest schedule of the Mariners, Astros, and Rangers, please don't tell anyone you went to A&M.

Thanks.
stoneca
Rays about to get shutout by the Mariners
The D
AG
Tb pathetic
Farmer1906
AG
stoneca said:

Rays about to get shutout by the Mariners

8 LOB

They get one more shot.
iamtheglove
TAMUworkingAG said:

The Beef01 said:

TAMUworkingAG said:

When Mariners win the conference come back and see me
Well, technically there are no conferences in baseball, so………..
stoneca
Thanks for nothing rays
OKCAg2002
AG
That was a great game. Dang.
JohnnyTexAg1995
Rays with an egg haha
stoneca
0-7 with RISP

9 LOB
Satellite of Love
iamtheglove said:

TAMUworkingAG said:

The Beef01 said:

TAMUworkingAG said:

When Mariners win the conference come back and see me
Well, technically there are no conferences in baseball, so………..

LOL. His post reeked of 'how do you do fellow baseball watchers! How about that local sporting team?!?'
W
AG
big win for the Mariners

keeps the pressure on the Astros

both teams tied with 61 losses
stoneca
That's a big W for the mariners tonight
First Page Last Page
Page 2192 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.