***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,506,458 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
linkdude
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just keep hitting! Dusty should be aggressive with his bullpen tomorrow, given their days off in Arlington.
tjack16
AG
iamtheglove said:

TAMUworkingAG said:

The Beef01 said:

TAMUworkingAG said:

I was looking at Mariners schedule and I HATE to say it, but they could win almost every series, with several likely sweeps. Doesn't look good for Astros. Our only hope is for the pitching to get much better, we lost one of our best relievers with Ankle problem which doesnt help at all
You didn't actually think about this at all before you posted it, did you?

When Mariners win the conference come back and see me
Well, technically there are no conferences in baseball, so………..

We're going to lose the American League Western Conference
tjack16
AG

Still don't know how this got out. Not sure when it was but wow that's a soft hit
JohnnyTexAg1995
tjack16 said:

Still don't know how this got out. Not sure when it was but wow that's a soft hit
I mean when your left fuel line is the distance of the Crawford boxes with a 5 foot wall, that's gunna happen
Furlock Bones
AG
Lulz. Adam went 5.2 innings with a cool 6 earned runs tonight.

Dies Irae
Anybody watching the Braves vs Cardinals game? Check the ump report for Laz Dias Tomorrow. He's giving strikes in the other batter's box
Mathguy64
AG
Furlock Bones said:

So I guess it's official. Adam isn't getting the Albert treatment by MLB.
Furlock Bones
AG
Dies Irae said:

Anybody watching the Braves vs Cardinals game? Check the ump report for Laz Dias Tomorrow. He's giving strikes in the other batter's box

He's really trying to usurp Angels spot as worst ump in the league.
Dies Irae
Furlock Bones said:

Dies Irae said:

He's really trying to usurp Angels spot as worst ump in the league.

Aaron Boone is an idiot but he had a point when he said Laz's fat ass can't squat all the way down so he just sticks his head to one side of the catcher and it messes with his view of the strike zone
Beau Holder
AG
stoneca said:

That's a big W for the mariners tonight

Castillo can't pitch every night.
yawny06
AG
Quote:

In his defense, he should have been pulled after 5 innings. He gave up a couple of really loud outs that took great plays by Edman before finally giving up a HR to make it 4-3. He talked his way into going out for the 6th and he promptly gave up two more HRs.
Furlock Bones
AG
yawny06 said:

Quote:

In his defense, he should have been pulled after 5 innings. He gave up a couple of really loud outs that took great plays by Edman before finally giving up a HR to make it 4-3. He talked his way into going out for the 6th and he promptly gave up two more HRs.

I don't know about you. But I just love to see it.
yawny06
AG
I did, in fact, love to see it tonight.
W
AG
"legend of the game" is a bit much

Wainwright had some great years for the Cardinals, but his career ERA is 3.53

Roy Oswalt had a 3.36 career ERA
PETE2019
AG
Late night off day thought (Paging texasaggie2015 here), do the Astros ever make a run at a big Japanese free agent? Obviously the odds of finding another Ohtani or Ichiro are tiny. Just curious if that's something the front office would consider.
Furlock Bones
AG
PETE2019 said:

Late night off day thought (Paging texasaggie2015 here), do the Astros ever make a run at a big Japanese free agent? Obviously the odds of finding another Ohtani or Ichiro are tiny. Just curious if that's something the front office would consider.

It's hard to attract a Japanese star to Houston for a variety of reasons. 1) The west coast is a much easier flight home. 2) we are not a traditional power like the stanks or bosox. 3) we haven't historically tried to sign big Japanese players.

I wish we could get some of the incredible Japanese players. But I think our best bang for buck is Latin America and Caribbean players where we are actually a destination team. Our team culture and city is very Hispanic. So focusing there is best return for the team.
The Beef01
AG
TAMUworkingAG said:

The Beef01 said:

TAMUworkingAG said:

I was looking at Mariners schedule and I HATE to say it, but they could win almost every series, with several likely sweeps. Doesn't look good for Astros. Our only hope is for the pitching to get much better, we lost one of our best relievers with Ankle problem which doesnt help at all
You didn't actually think about this at all before you posted it, did you?

Yes l, and I'm correct too, apparently you didn't look at the Mariners schedule did you. They have easiest schedule left compared to Astros, Rangers are done
When Mariners win the conference come back and see me, I think Mariners will have at least a 5 game lead when season is over, come on back and reply here when it happens

Answering here only made it worse…clearly you're not an Astros fan; you've never posted on this thread.

Do you have any idea what would have to transpire for the Mariners to win the division by 5 games?? You're also predicting the team who just lost 4 of 6 to the Mets & Reds to be almost perfect over 16 games against the Rays, Dodgers, Rangers and Astros. (Also, no slip-ups against the A's or Angels)

BTW - There's no metric by which you can defend the "easiest schedule" claim based on that schedule I just gave you.
BayAg_14
Furlock Bones said:

Furlock Bones
AG
Meaty.
Jackal99
AG
PETE2019 said:

Obviously you don't remember Kaz Matsui...
Furlock Bones
AG
Jackal99 said:

PETE2019 said:

Obviously you don't remember Kaz Matsui...

Um who could forget that we were all introduced to anal fissures?
Dies Irae
Just a small smattering of some great hits from Laz Diaz tonight

Mr President Elect
AG
BayAg_14 said:

Furlock Bones said:

Me watching that: Too low, too low, too low
The Porkchop Express
AG
Furlock Bones said:

In Willie Mays' final year, he hit .211 in 66 games and only 6 home runs while playing for the Mets, with an OBP of .303 and a "slugging" % of .344. But somehow he made the All-Star team.
BadAggie
AG
Blake Snell's last 5 starts. Going to be a different game tomorrow than the last series.
linkdude
AG
Lots of walks just feeds into what we want to do. Cash in on the opportunities.
Furlock Bones
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

Furlock Bones said:

In Willie Mays' final year, he hit .211 in 66 games and only 6 home runs while playing for the Mets, with an OBP of .303 and a "slugging" % of .344. But somehow he made the All-Star team.

This is not about Willie Mays. This about making fun a damned cardinal.
BadAggie
AG
Hunter Brown's last 5 appearances. Not a big margin for error against a talented Padres lineup and Snell.
W
AG
Snell brings a 16-inning scoreless streak into Friday's game

hasn't give up more than 3 runs in a start since May 19th

would recommend the 'max offense' lineup tomorrow
BadAggie
AG
Astros have of course seen Snell before during his time with the Rays and have had some success against him.

PoppaB05
AG
BayAg_14 said:

Has anyone checked Acuna for a hacked pitchcom? He's a center fielder!!!! It all adds up
Phrasing
AG
Taking the family to the game tomorrow and my son wants to get there for the bobble heads. (I'm assuming it is bobble head day? Going on his word for it). Do you need to be there at 5:00 to get one or will 6:00 be fine? I'm guessing 6:30 -7:00 is way too late. TIA!
texasaggie2015
AG
PETE2019 said:

They're going to make some additions to the scouting department this off-season and I know a couple of the additions will be international scouts. It certainly wouldn't be a bad idea to hire someone with Japan connections. That's sort of what's been missing. Lots of connections to Cuba, DR and Venezuela.. but not so much in Japan.

I expect a couple new names in the front office as well. Likely a President of Baseball Operations which will take a lot off Crane's plate.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see a familiar face join the coaching staff in some capacity (not Hinch).
W
AG
speaking of Acuna....

for all the hype Ohtani has gotten in the last 2 seasons...

the numbers Acuna might post by the end of the year are incredible

he could reach:

150 runs scored
100 RBI
200 hits
40 homers
70 steals

one of the greatest 'counting number' seasons of all-time -- definitely since the start of division play in 1969
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Honest question, what does a head of baseball operations do. And how is it different than a GM
First Page Last Page
Page 2193 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.