***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,507,894 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
07ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://ts.la/eric59704
All I do is Nguyen
Wabs
AG
tjack16
AG
If we can get our home game woes figured out, we have a chance to really run away with this division

Mariners next 10 games
4 road @ Rays
3 home vs Angels
3 home vs Dodgers

Rangers next 10 games
3 home vs A's
4 road @ Blue Jays
3 road @ Cleveland

So if we have a good home-stand against 2 bad teams, we could really separate ourselves and then just watch the mariners and rangers beat each other up the final two weeks
RED AG 98
AG
linkdude said:

anyone else read "he stands 5' 6 and weighs...." and immediately start thinking of lyrics with Jose instead of John. Yeah, me neither.
nortex97
AG

Kinda cool 'short' record for the little guy.
texasaggie2015
AG
This thread is going to be really funny to read through after we win the World Series this year
amercer
AG
Can we get the home fans to boo Altuve?
Mr.Ackar07
Proudag06 said:

Not sure if this is too sexy to post on here, but it definitely did it for me
Wait a second. Where did the Rangers go?
redline248
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

This thread is going to be really funny to read through after we win the World Series this year
There will be a lot of bad takes exposed, but all the ones about Dusty will still be true.
BadAggie
AG
Just win today.
Prosperdick
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

I'd love nothing more that to congratulate Donkey on a second World Series title in SPITE of him and his ridiculous lineups of favoritism and spitefulness.
texasaggie2015
AG
My post had nothing to do with Dusty Baker. It had to do with all the ups and downs and roller coaster of emotions in this thread over the last few months.
Boiling Denim
I'm here for a Yankees miracle run that falls just short. They may do something stupid and get their management around
RED AG 98
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

My post had nothing to do with Dusty Baker. It had to do with all the ups and downs and roller coaster of emotions in this thread over the last few months.
Everything's coming up DB these days
Panama Red
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Teenage girls are less hysterical and emotional than some of the people on this thread. Crush the Rangers in two games of what several were calling biggest series of the year, yet wake up whining about lineups. Need a heavy dose of midol for many here.
W
AG
Frok said:

Yep, we still have to play more home games
this upcoming series vs. the Padres (66-74) could be another weird one

SD is not a good team, but they have very good individual pieces

Blake Snell scheduled for Friday night at MMP
Prosperdick
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

OK understood...as I've said before, I rarely post during the game as I know my emotions would get the better of me but yes, I've seen some hyperbole, to put it mildly rereading it later.
jkag89
Prosperdick said:

texasaggie2015 said:

I'd love nothing more that to congratulate Donkey on a second World Series title in SPITE of him and his ridiculous lineups of favoritism and spitefulness.

Yeah, Dusty really held back last year's team. Best record in the AL by 7 games, 11-2 in the postseason.

I get the frustration this year but c'mon man, the vitriol and name calling directed toward Dusty by you on this thread day in and day out win or lose is beyond old.
bek.90
AG
amercer said:

Can we get the home fans to boo Altuve?
My wife and I were at the game last night. I was booing him as he walked to the plate in the 3rd inning. I even tried to get a "cheater" chant going, but the AB only lasted two pitches.
AgLA06
AG
Prosperdick said:

texasaggie2015 said:

And then never have to speak his name again.
tjack16
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Yeah this thread and the 2020 thread I'm sure would be fun to re-examine in the off-season

I'm sure I have a few emotional posts I'd like to take back if we win it all… but this year has been quite the roller coaster. Especially given the .500 home record
AgLA06
AG
Panama Red said:

texasaggie2015 said:

Teenage girls are less hysterical and emotional than some of the people on this thread. Crush the Rangers in two games of what several were calling biggest series of the year, yet wake up whining about lineups. Need a heavy dose of midol for many here.
Teenage girls are also less hysterical than our manager, his lineups, and our performance date.

It's truly amazing that some of you can wake up and act like the last 3 months didn't exist just because our talent finally overcame the failure of our supposed leadership and we're 1 game in first.
McInnis 03
AG
Booing your own guy at home is questionable, but yelling altUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUve would be in good taste
AgLA06
AG
jkag89 said:

Prosperdick said:

texasaggie2015 said:

Yeah, Dusty really held back last year's team. Best record in the AL by 7 games, 11-2 in the postseason.

I get the frustration this year but c'mon man, the vitriol and name calling directed toward Dusty by you on this thread day in and day out win or lose is beyond old.
Then tell the man to stop managing like a bipolar schizophrenic.
AustinCountyAg
Beat40 said:

I grew up with Biggio as my favorite Astros. He still may be, but Altuve has made it a really tough decision. I love the way that guy plays the game. He's everything that is right with baseball in my opinion.
I was thinking the same thing this morning on my drive to work. Biggio was the guy growing up who played hard, and played the game the right way. I thought he'd be my favorite Astro ever..........BUT Altuve is the man. He's got the memorable home runs and championships Biggio never could get in the clutch moments. That alone puts Altuve in a different, better category.
AgLA06
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

Beat40 said:

I grew up with Biggio as my favorite Astros. He still may be, but Altuve has made it a really tough decision. I love the way that guy plays the game. He's everything that is right with baseball in my opinion.
I was thinking the same thing this morning on my drive to work. Biggio was the guy growing up who played hard, and played the game the right way. I thought he'd be my favorite Astro ever..........BUT Altuve is the man. He's got the memorable home runs and championships Biggio never could get in the clutch moments. That alone puts Altuve in a different, better category.
He was our Cal Ripken Jr. and to many of us that weren't power hitters playing third, first or the outfield, a breath of fresh air to idolize.
All I do is Nguyen
texasaggie2015 said:

FrioAg 00
AG
bodaciousbood14 said:

Proudag06 said:

Not sure if this is too sexy to post on here, but it definitely did it for me
A playoff bracket without Da Jankees?? I can only get so erect!

As frustrating as this year has been at times (lots of times) this playoff picture is pretty much the best possible scenario we could have asked for
AustinCountyAg
The sad part about Biggio when I think back to what I remember most about watching him on tv is him constantly striking out swinging at sliders away five feet off the plate. ZERO big game, clutch memories
texasaggie2015
AG
Honestly, and I've said this before, I'm not a Dusty guy. At all. I've been accused a few times lately of being a "continuous Dusty defender" and I'm really confused about why it seems that way.

At the end of the day, it's just baseball and I choose to not spend my energy going on profane rants about the manager. To each their own, but it's just not the way I go about things.

I would much rather enjoy the last two games, the greatness of Jose Altuve, and the division lead after a roller coaster of a season.
Ag_07
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Just look back at the last few weeks.

Swept at home by SEA and all was lost
Lose one game to DET and stick a fork in us
Come back and destroy DET in games 2 and 3 and continue to sweep BOS on the road and we're back!!!
Come home and get swept by the Yanks and we're toast again. Not even a playoff team at this point
Absolutely dckslap the Rangers in games 1 and 2 to take sole possession of 1st place for the first time all season.

Baseball being baseball
texasaggie2015
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

The sad part about Biggio when I think back to what I remember most about watching him on tv is him constantly striking out swinging at sliders away five feet off the plate. ZERO big game, clutch memories
It really says a lot about how far we've come as a franchise.

I love Biggio and I always will. He was awesome. But Jose Altuve is a better player and it's really not that close.
AgLA06
AG
Sure. And I don't see the point of profane rants either. And the good times are always great.

Then we get to wake up and wonder what ignorant lineup we'll get today. I'm sure it gets' tired of hearing for some of y'all just like the rest of us are tired of him doing it to this team. The division could have been wrapped up by now and here we are hoping to hold on to the division we didn't get the lead to until September.
BeaumontAg05
AG
All I can ever think of is those 2-3 games Dusty cost us with garbage lineups, and how much better it would be right now with those wins.

Yes I know you all will say "only 2-3?", but I was just being conservative there.
First Page Last Page
Page 2160 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.