***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,508,349 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
Bag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Marvin said:

Angels are 14 games back. Holy crap, is this the biggest trade deadline "buyer' collapse ever when you factor in Ohtani's free agency?
The managed to get nothing in return for the greatest player in MLB in the last 30 years and then they wrecked his arm.

Good job LA
All I do is Nguyen
Also ever since Pena had five hits ina game and called out Altuve:

Altuve hit the cycle
Hit 3 HRs in first 3 ABs in first 3 innings of a game

Altuve basically said "And I took that personally"
Mr.Bond
AG
texas tied for 3rd WC spot........
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

agdaddy04
AG
Cromagnum said:

I mean, it's only happened 3 times in 100 years of baseball, but yeah, not that great or anything...

The guy was trying to make humor out of a ****ty situation. No way was he being serious
1836er
AG
Mr.Bond said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

This is the latest attempt to crap on a big achievement ever. "But but but you didn't let us try and catch it"
WHAT IN THE TWLIGHT ZONE **** IS THIS?!!?
fullback44
AG
Some Ranger fans telling us to calm down or they will let Seattle win all the games coming up between the 2 teams .. that's some crazy fan dream world stuff I guess .. you can't even make that up
TRM
AG
BadAggie
AG
Would not be surprised to see things get chippy tomorrow.

This is the club that makes icons out of sucker punching opponents when they can't beat them.
Cromagnum
AG
Some brilliant gamesmanship from the **** talk thread. LMAO

Quote:

A word of caution.

I know this is fun for you all. We appear to be in a "anything that can go wrong, has gone wrong" scenario. You guys might want to lighten up just a bit. If we fall off too much to where the games at the end of the month don't matter at all, I can't imagine we would put up much of a fight to stop the Mariners from winning all 7 games against us and taking the division
Chrundle the Great
AG
I thought for sure he'd get to 5 tonight needing only two in 7 innings but that stat continues to elude him
kb2001
AG
Marvin said:

Angels are 14 games back. Holy crap, is this the biggest trade deadline "buyer' collapse ever when you factor in Ohtani's free agency?
Maybe. The Angels ownership is likely changing this off season, so the current owner has no incentive to worry about the team's future, only about ticket sales this year. Having Ohtani on the team increases attendance, getting rid of him would decrease it. He gets no money by moving him, he gets increased ticket revenues by keeping him.
Dies Irae
Ciboag96 said:

Ciboag96 said:

Placed a bet on the Stros anyway

Mr.Bond
AG
Dies Irae said:

Ciboag96 said:

Ciboag96 said:

Placed a bet on the Stros anyway

DAMN DONALD TRUMP!!!!
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

fullback44
AG
Cromagnum said:

Some brilliant gamesmanship from the **** talk thread. LMAO

Quote:

A word of caution.

I know this is fun for you all. We appear to be in a "anything that can go wrong, has gone wrong" scenario. You guys might want to lighten up just a bit. If we fall off too much to where the games at the end of the month don't matter at all, I can't imagine we would put up much of a fight to stop the Mariners from winning all 7 games against us and taking the division

The guy that wrote that needs to get off the bong or grapes or whatever he's on..
Beat40
agdaddy04 said:

How can people not see how thick he's laying on the sarcasm there??
For real.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Chef Elko
AG
The two dancing Altuve gifs followed by a post of three dancing Altuve gifs just 10 mins later made me lol hard on the Astros-Rangers smack thread.
Prosperdick
AG
Fantasy football draft tonight, what did I miss?

LarryElder
Beat40 said:

agdaddy04 said:

For real.
uh no he isnt
Prosperdick
AG
Marvin said:

BayAg_14 said:

Seattle has the 8th toughest SOS remaining this season. We have the 3rd easiest.

Yeah, but we need the Rangerettes to hang around and have a chance. Don't collapse completely just yet.
And that's the problem I predicted a few weeks ago that I pray I don't have to bump for an ITYS in late September. These spiteful *****s would rather lose to Seattle if it meant giving them the division over us...they are truly that petty.
BadAggie
AG
Danwell Home said:

The two dancing Altuve gifs followed by a post of three dancing Altuve gifs just 10 mins later made me lol hard on the Astros-Rangers smack thread.

You're welcome
Texaggie7nine
LarryElder said:

Beat40 said:

agdaddy04 said:

For real.
uh no he isnt

The "I'm impressed" with a laugh at the end makes it obvious it was a joke.
7nine
The Porkchop Express
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Astros were hanging their heads after their 27-6 outburst in two games until old Benny D lit a fire under them.

What a myopic d-bag.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Fantastic typo currently up in our article on ESPN.

The barrage gave Altuve homers in four straight plate appearances going back to Monday's game and five homers in six plate appearances -- the most in a two-game span in Astros history and tied for the most over two games in MLB history. He is the fourth player in the Expansion Era (since 1661) to hit five home runs in six plate appearances, joining Manny Ramirez (1998), Shawn Green (2002) and Josh Hamilton (2012).

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/38335897/astros-jose-altuve-hits-3-homers-first-3-innings-rangers
BadAggie
AG
Prosperdick said:

Marvin said:

BayAg_14 said:

Seattle has the 8th toughest SOS remaining this season. We have the 3rd easiest.

Yeah, but we need the Rangerettes to hang around and have a chance. Don't collapse completely just yet.
And that's the problem I predicted a few weeks ago that I pray I don't have to bump for an ITYS in late September. These spiteful *****s would rather lose to Seattle if it meant giving them the division over us...they are truly that petty.

Seattle gonna have an ugly week, Rangers will be in it for a while
Beat40
Texaggie7nine said:

LarryElder said:

Beat40 said:

agdaddy04 said:

For real.
uh no he isnt

The "I'm impressed" with a laugh at the end makes it obvious it was a joke.
Right - saying 3 hits, that are HRs, in a row isn't impressive because the defense didn't have to try to make a play is always a joke no matter how deadpan it is.

Michael Schwab can be such a dork and homer sometimes.
Marvin
AG
Putting Altuve's career to date in perspective (talking about greatest offensive second baseman ever from earlier), here are his current rankings against the 20 second basemen in the HOF... based on my quick research, so caveats there:

Rank for stats that may decrease as he gets older:
AVG- 8th
OBP- 12th
SLG- 4th

And now for counting stats, that will increase:
Hits- 16th
HR- 8th
RBI- 20th
Runs- 16th
SB- 11th

He likely won't reach the status of old timers like Hornsby, Lajoie, or Geringer. He probably won't stick around long enought to catch Biggio, Alomar, Carew, or Morgan. But finishing ahead of Jackie Robinson, Ryne Sandberg, and Bill Mazeroski... that's still breathing incredibly rarified air.

I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Beat40
Prosperdick said:

Marvin said:

BayAg_14 said:

The Rangers still have a ton to play for with a WC spot within reach. Heck, it's not like the division is out of reach either.

I think they will play hard until the very end.
Prosperdick
AG
BadAggie said:

Prosperdick said:

Marvin said:

BayAg_14 said:

Seattle gonna have an ugly week, Rangers will be in it for a while
It's baseball...predicting anything is a sure way to make God laugh.
Beat40
I grew up with Biggio as my favorite Astros. He still may be, but Altuve has made it a really tough decision. I love the way that guy plays the game. He's everything that is right with baseball in my opinion.
agproducer
AG
I wanted a fourth Altuve HR so he could be on the same level and mentioned in the same breath as Hard Hittin' Mark Whiten.
W
AG
if the Blue Jays win tonight...and currently leading Oakland 5-0...

and if the season ended tonight....

the Rangers would miss the playoffs
BadAggie
AG
Yeah but Seattle has feasted on the As Royals and the Astros checking out at home as of late. They face a fringe playoff but good Reds club and drop 2
already. Rays are only 3 back of Baltimore so they have plenty to play for.

W
AG
Altuve has really added some nice "skins on the wall" in the past 2 weeks

-- hit for the cycle...matching Biggio and Bagwell

-- 3-homer game in the regular season...matching Bagwell and Berkman
W
AG
after the Astros leave town...the A's come to Arlington

so the Rangers have an immediate chance to regain lost ground
First Page Last Page
Page 2158 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.