***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,508,009 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
DrZ
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
1) the players like playing for Dusty
2) the pitchers like Maldy catching
3) some of you haters don't know near as much about baseball as Dusty
4) sometimes Dusty confuses us
5) grow up
6) questioning and even complaining are okay
7) spewing hate and name calling is childish
jkag89
AgLA06 said:

Panama Red said:

texasaggie2015 said:

My post had nothing to do with Dusty Baker. It had to do with all the ups and downs and roller coaster of emotions in this thread over the last few months.
Teenage girls are less hysterical and emotional than some of the people on this thread. Crush the Rangers in two games of what several were calling biggest series of the year, yet wake up whining about lineups. Need a heavy dose of midol for many here.
Teenage girls are also less hysterical than our manager, his lineups, and our performance date.

It's truly amazing that some of you can wake up and act like the last 3 months didn't exist just because our talent finally overcame the failure of our supposed leadership and we're 1 game in first.
Did I expect those who believe that Dusty is all that was wrong with this team would change their minds after two great games against Arlington? Nope. but it sure would have been nice if they would give it a rest at least until tonight's lineup was posted.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
DrZ said:

5) grow up

**** dusty
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
jkag89 said:

AgLA06 said:

Panama Red said:

texasaggie2015 said:

My post had nothing to do with Dusty Baker. It had to do with all the ups and downs and roller coaster of emotions in this thread over the last few months.
Teenage girls are less hysterical and emotional than some of the people on this thread. Crush the Rangers in two games of what several were calling biggest series of the year, yet wake up whining about lineups. Need a heavy dose of midol for many here.
Teenage girls are also less hysterical than our manager, his lineups, and our performance date.

It's truly amazing that some of you can wake up and act like the last 3 months didn't exist just because our talent finally overcame the failure of our supposed leadership and we're 1 game in first.
Did I expect those who believe that Dusty is all that was wrong with this team would change their minds after two great games against Arlington? Nope. but it sure would have been nice if they would give it a rest at least until tonight's lineup was posted.

the *****ing about Dusty is working, the more we ***** the more we win, don't mess with the mojo
AgLA06
AG
DrZ said:

5) grow up
Sometimes adults have to step in and be leaders.

Couldn't agree more on #7

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Proudag06 said:

Not sure if this is too sexy to post on here, but it definitely did it for me

jkag89
Keeper of The Spirits said:

jkag89 said:

AgLA06 said:

Panama Red said:

texasaggie2015 said:

the *****ing about Dusty is working, the more we ***** the more we win, don't mess with the mojo
If this were the case, the 'Stros would yet to have lost a game this season.
W
AG
DrZ said:

just a reminder...

Dusty batted Altuve in the 2-hole for 9 games this season

lol
linkdude
AG
Sabermetrically reasonable
Harry Stone
AG
after the way Dusty managed the postseason last year, I dont see how anyone could hate him. OTOH, people on here that would rather have AJ Hinch after what he did in the 2019 WS are verifiably insane. I honestly dont think we win in 2022 had Hinch been the manager.
Panama Red
AG
AgLA06 said:

Panama Red said:

texasaggie2015 said:

Dusty makes many head scratching decisions and many that are just outright stupid. I have not seen anyone defending Dusty, I certainly am not.

None of that changes that many posters on this board just can't ever be happy. Constantly crying and complaining. I really hope they aren't that way IRL. Quick way to an early grave.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
redline248
AG
Harry Stone said:

after the way Dusty managed the postseason last year, I dont see how anyone could hate him. OTOH, people on here that would rather have AJ Hinch after what he did in the 2019 WS are verifiably insane. I honestly dont think we win in 2022 had Hinch been the manager.
You mean the post season in which he had to make zero decisions on which reliever to pitch b/c they were all performing at elite levels? Or the one in which we have confirmation the front office set the lineups?
Cromagnum
AG
Ag_07 said:

texasaggie2015 said:

Just look back at the last few weeks.

Swept at home by SEA and all was lost
Lose one game to DET and stick a fork in us
Come back and destroy DET in games 2 and 3 and continue to sweep BOS on the road and we're back!!!
Come home and get swept by the Yanks and we're toast again. Not even a playoff team at this point
Absolutely dckslap the Rangers in games 1 and 2 to take sole possession of 1st place for the first time all season.

Baseball being baseball

The waveform even fits this thread.

Cromagnum
AG
I'll allow the hometown band music since we drug our nuts on their face at Minutemade North.
Prosperdick
AG
jkag89 said:

Prosperdick said:

texasaggie2015 said:

This thread is going to be really funny to read through after we win the World Series this year
I'd love nothing more that to congratulate Donkey on a second World Series title in SPITE of him and his ridiculous lineups of favoritism and spitefulness.

Yeah, Dusty really held back last year's team. Best record in the AL by 7 games, 11-2 in the postseason.

I get the frustration this year but c'mon man, the vitriol and name calling directed toward Dusty by you on this thread day in and day out win or lose is beyond old.
I didn't call him Donkey last year because he wasn't managing like a stubborn ass, for the most part, and managed really well in the postseason (although we now know the FO had final say on the lineup card).

You obviously don't "get the frustration" because it's beyond ridiculous this year and I won't rehash it but if he stops managing like a stubborn ass I'll stop calling him one. Deal?
AgLA06
AG
Panama Red said:

None of that changes that many posters on this board just can't ever be happy. Constantly crying and complaining. I really hope they aren't that way IRL. Quick way to an early grave.
Dude. I'm normally in complete agreement on this line of reasoning for life. It's why I'm not near a die hard for Aggie football as I used to be.

it's been a 130 game season of constant crap and insane decisions by the self proclaimed smartest man in the room. We are arguably the most talented team in the AL and couldn't pass the Rangers and Mariners until September. 2 of our best hitters have spent as much time on the bench as on the field while minor league players got the starts and underperformed. It's been 5 months of a constant beating from our manager. People aren't going to be happy about that. Your inability to rationalize that is no different or less frustrating than their anger about it.
tjack16
AG
We just outscored the rangers 27-7 over two games

Why are we bickering
redline248
AG
First day on the internet?
Prosperdick
AG
AgLA06 said:

Panama Red said:

Dude. I'm normally in complete agreement on this line of reasoning for life. It's why I'm not near a die hard for Aggie football as I used to be.

it's been a 130 game season of constant crap and insane decisions by the self proclaimed smartest man in the room. We are arguably the most talented team in the AL and couldn't pass the Rangers and Mariners until September. 2 of our best hitters have spent as much time on the bench as on the field while minor league players got the starts and underperformed. It's been 5 months of a constant beating from our manager. People aren't going to be happy about that. Your inability to rationalize that is no different or less frustrating than their anger about it.
Exactly and people can get mad at me calling him Donkey but I don't comment during the games and as long as he continues to only play Chas 80% of the time and our budding superstar in the making catcher less than 50% of the time I'll continue calling a donkey a donkey.
Bag
AG
Panama Red said:

AgLA06 said:

Panama Red said:

texasaggie2015 said:

Dusty makes many head scratching decisions and many that are just outright stupid. I have not seen anyone defending Dusty, I certainly am not.

I learned long ago, mostly from working with people in the EU, that many many people are most happiest when they are most miserable
Mr.Bond
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

what nic cage movie is this
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

Farmer1906
AG
Honest ballpark review.

Pros
-stands feel steep, right on top of the field
-live! By Loews outside the ballpark
-lots on parking
-very clean and well kept. Feels brand new.
-play by play fish tank
-displaces EV, LA, & distance on every hit
-AC go burrr
-overall I like the park a lot

Cons
-something was off on the middle deck sight lines. The middle of the section couldn't see foul territory
-concourse is very high
-food options & # of vendors sucked
-first row (of 100s) were terrible thanks to the railing.
-felt more like the astrodome than a drop top stadium like MMP
-video boards way to high & the graphics kind of sucked visually
-PA announcer was annoying
-kind on generic overall. Only really memorable feature was the "fish tank". No Crawford box, train tracks, green monster, western metal building, swimming pool, real fish tank, b&o warehouse, etc.
-no organic crowd noise, cheers, yells. Only got loud when the video board told them. To be fair it was 9-0 before the ever got thru their lineup.
-carpet doesn't look as bad as it does on TV, but it still sucks

Other things I noticed
-very white crowd
-lots of classic rock played
-fans were chill. No one tried to mix it up with all the Astros fans
-did not feel like mimic maid park

After the game walking to my truck a Ranger fan asked if my Altuve jersey was for sale. Puzzled, I said no. He said he needed to switch sides.

mAgnoliAg
AG
MAROON said:

Honestly I would expect the same line up as last night considering it's JV day (Maldy personal catcher and Dubon personal CF), but not sure we've played back to back lineups this entire season.

He's already said Brantley is playing so won't be same lineup. Likely Brantley in for chas
Farmer1906
AG
He played Meyers in CF last time. Maybe Chas gets a turn.
jkag89
Prosperdick said:

jkag89 said:

Prosperdick said:

texasaggie2015 said:

This thread is going to be really funny to read through after we win the World Series this year
I'd love nothing more that to congratulate Donkey on a second World Series title in SPITE of him and his ridiculous lineups of favoritism and spitefulness.

Yeah, Dusty really held back last year's team. Best record in the AL by 7 games, 11-2 in the postseason.

I get the frustration this year but c'mon man, the vitriol and name calling directed toward Dusty by you on this thread day in and day out win or lose is beyond old.
I didn't call him Donkey last year because he wasn't managing like a stubborn ass, for the most part, and managed really well in the postseason (although we now know the FO had final say on the lineup card).

You obviously don't "get the frustration" because it's beyond ridiculous this year and I won't rehash it but if he stops managing like a stubborn ass I'll stop calling him one. Deal?
No I get frustration. What I don't understand is the need of a supposedly grown man constantly venting such frustration like a child going through the terrible twos.
Mr.Bond
AG
Fish Tank play by play??
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

AgLA06
AG
I think it was something like 8MM about him investigating a snuff film found in the attic. The lady wanted to know if it was real (loved one committed a crime) or a fictional movie because he had as sick fetish.
mAgnoliAg
AG
I knew you were the guy that seat hopped to row 1 after rangers fans started to leave!!

You must have missed the rift between the Hispanic female Astros fan and the other rangers male fan in section 109. She was drunk as hell and very boisterous screaming eff bombs and such
shady
AG
8MM
Prosperdick
AG
jkag89 said:

Prosperdick said:

jkag89 said:

Prosperdick said:

texasaggie2015 said:

No I get frustration. What I don't understand is the need of a supposedly grown man constantly venting such frustration like a child going through the terrible twos.
Hmm, a child going through the terrible twos...sounds like a manager I know.
Farmer1906
AG
Mr.Bond said:

Fish Tank play by play??
I don't know what to call it. It's by itself surrounded by glass.

Farmer1906
AG
mAgnoliAg said:

I knew you were the guy that seat hopped to row 1 after rangers fans started to leave!!

You must have missed the rift between the Hispanic female Astros fan and the other rangers male fan in section 109. She was drunk as hell and very boisterous screaming eff bombs and such

I was closer to the 111 side. We did he a woman pass out right in front of us. That was pretty scary.

Something happened across the stadium in the RF stands. It got loud and you could see police. No idea what went down.
AgLA06
AG
You happen to have a photo of said goldfish bowl? I'm not visualizing it.
First Page Last Page
Page 2161 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.