***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,510,330 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
texasaggie2015
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Also just a reminder... if any of you dorks swing by Little Woodrow's downtown before the game tonight I'll buy you a beer. JV's home debut. Should be a blast.
BrisketTaco10
AG
I've got a single ticket for Saturdays game vs Angels 8/12 I'm looking to sell. Sec 154 Row 3 seat 19. Transfer via Ballpark app.
AgLA06
AG
n_touch said:

Learn something new everyday. I would have guessed they are like football fields.

They can vary, but not near as much as baseball fields (outfield dimensions, wall height, and foul territory). They have minimum and maximum dimensions and most vary in width more than length.

Here's international standards.
The length of the soccer field should be between 110 to 120 yards, and the width should be between 70 to 80 yards.
RC_57
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Also just a reminder... if any of you dorks swing by Little Woodrow's downtown before the game tonight I'll buy you a beer. JV's home debut. Should be a blast.

Have to miss this one

Let us know if y'all plan to meet up some other time. Considering I'm still relative e baseball newbie (~8 yrs of somewhat heavy following) Would be a pleasure getting to sit around with some of y'all and learn more about the game.
Mathguy64
AG
AgLA06 said:

n_touch said:

Learn something new everyday. I would have guessed they are like football fields.

They can vary, but not near as much as baseball fields (outfield dimensions, wall height, and foul territory). They have minimum and maximum dimensions and most vary in width more than length.

The length of the soccer field should be between 110 to 120 yards, and the width should be between 70 to 80 yards.
Pro are all over the place. Width matters more than length IMHO.

Shell Energy Field is 115x74. By comparison Old Trafford (Man United) is 105x68 and Stamford Bridge ( Chelsea) is 113x74. Ellis Field for the Aggies is 115x75.

I ref on two HS fields that are 120x80. They are killers.
AgLA06
AG
Mathguy64 said:

AgLA06 said:

n_touch said:

Shell Energy Field is 115x74. By comparison Old Trafford (Man United) is 105x68 and Stamford Bridge ( Chelsea) is 113x74. Ellis Field for the Aggies is 115x75.

Unless you have a team that knows spacing and can switch the field and attack.

Small fields sucked, but not as much as a field that was small and over crowned.
BadAggie
AG
Remaining series (15 games) where baseline expectation is sweep:

LAA 8/11-8/13
@DET 8/25-8/27
OAK 9/11-9/13
@KC 9/15-9/17
KC 9/22-9/24

But it's baseball so there will likely be at least a couple losses. Need to feast on these series in part to win the division.

n_touch
5 minutes and nothing as a reply? You guys disappoint me.
Mathguy64
AG
n_touch said:

5 minutes and nothing as a reply? You guys disappoint me.
Somewhere in heaven, Bill Paxton is thinking "I got a little dick. It's pathetic."
Ags #1
AG
Sweeping the angles is expected? Others make sense imo
RC_57
AG
Mathguy64 said:

AgLA06 said:

n_touch said:

Width matters more than length IMHO.

<looks left then right>

Am I on the Astros thread? Did I miss a turn somewhere?
Beau Holder
AG
Ags #1 said:

Sweeping the angles is expected? Others make sense imo

They recently lost seven in a row and we miss Shohei in their rotation this time IIRC.
Mathguy64
AG
Damn. Y'all have derailed this thread. Now I have to get it back on the rails.

TOFA.

JYDog90
AG
Mathguy64 said:

AgLA06 said:

n_touch said:

I was trying to do some field layout stuff for the private school I'm with and was looking at Klein ISD fields and was shocked at how different they were.
bearkatag15
AG
W
AG
checking in with Mike Trout...

tonight is game 117 for the Angels

Trout has played in 81 games to date. He has missed 35 games...and is not expected to play at MMP.

will probably not reach the 120 games-played plateau this year

and has not played in 120 since the 2019 season (when he played in 134)
Boiling Denim
Mathguy64 said:

Damn. Y'all have derailed this thread. Now I have to get it back on the rails.

TOFA.

Construction crew in the background is def lollygagging
Mathguy64
AG
Dafuq you doing looking at an out of focus construction crew in the background?
AgLA06
AG
BadAggie said:

LAA 8/11-8/13
@DET 8/25-8/27
OAK 9/11-9/13
@KC 9/15-9/17
KC 9/22-9/24

But it's baseball so there will likely be at least a couple losses. Need to feast on these series in part to win the division.

Expecting sweeps in those 5 series is setting oneself up for disappointment. Win the series you're supposed to win and a sweep is a bonus. Push to steal a series elsewhere.

This is where people start to realize that our manager is the reason we have to start talking about sweeping 5 series in the last 1.5 months to win a division when we were the favorite. He can make up whatever excuses he wants about mismanaging the lineup, but it's put us in this situation. The last week should have made that clear to everyone.
Wabs
AG
AgLA06 said:

BadAggie said:

LAA 8/11-8/13
@DET 8/25-8/27
OAK 9/11-9/13
@KC 9/15-9/17
KC 9/22-9/24

Expecting sweeps in those 5 series is setting oneself up for disappointment. Win the series you're supposed to win and a sweep is a bonus. Push to steel a series elsewhere.

This is where people start to realize that our manager is the reason we have to start talking about sweeping 5 series in the last 1.5 months to win a division when we were the favorite. He can make up whatever excuses he wants about mismanaging the lineup, but it's put us in this situation. The last week should have made that clear to everyone.
I said earlier this week that Dusty and his lineups have cost us several games this year. I firmly believe that. Yes, there have been other factors (injuries, less than stellar performance by players we were counting on, etc.), but IMO Dusty's lineups have been a significant reason why we don't have the division lead. That insanely stupid lineup in JV's first start back is a prime example.
texasaggie2015
AG
I'm going to be so mad when I get to MMP tonight, check the lineup, and see....

Dubon 2B
Pena SS
Tucker RF
Diaz DH
Singleton 1B
Chas LF
Kessinger 3B
Meyers CF
Madly C
Farmer1906
AG
Get ready for Dubon in CF & Maldy behind the plate. I would guess Kessinger at first (R/L) if Abreu is not 100%. JV is gunna get Yordan, just a matter of LF or DH. If Yordan is DHing then no Diaz.
BadAggie
AG
AgLA06 said:

BadAggie said:

LAA 8/11-8/13
@DET 8/25-8/27
OAK 9/11-9/13
@KC 9/15-9/17
KC 9/22-9/24

Expecting sweeps in those 5 series is setting oneself up for disappointment. Win the series you're supposed to win and a sweep is a bonus. Push to steel a series elsewhere.

I expect losses as stated but the Astros will be favored to win each game which is the base expectation.
texasaggie2015
AG
I'm trying to out-Dusty the man himself
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Get ready for Dubon in CF & Maldy behind the plate. I would guess Kessinger at first (R/L) if Abreu is not 100%. JV is gunna get Yordan, just a matter of LF or DH. If Yordan is DHing then no Diaz.

Altuve-4
Bregman-5
Yordon-7
Ted-9
Diaz-DH
Singleton-3
Pena-6
Meyers-8
Maldy-2
Farmer1906
AG
Did you forget about JV's personal center fielder?
Beat40
AgLA06 said:

BadAggie said:

LAA 8/11-8/13
@DET 8/25-8/27
OAK 9/11-9/13
@KC 9/15-9/17
KC 9/22-9/24

The last week makes it also clear what this team is without Yordan and Altuve. That has made more of an impact than Dusty.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Did you forget about JV's personal center fielder?

Dang it, yes

Altuve-4
Bregman-5
Yordon-7
Ted-9
Diaz-DH
Singleton-3
Pena-6
Maldy-2
Dubon-8
JDUB08AG
AG
How tf did dubon become his personal CF?
docb
AG
AgLA06 said:

Mathguy64 said:

AgLA06 said:

n_touch said:

Unless you have a team that knows spacing and can switch the field and attack.

Small fields sucked, but not as much as a field that was small and over crowned.
they should make the goal net about 30 yards wide so the game wouldn't be so ****ing boring!
EastCoastAgNc
AG
JDUB08AG said:

What JV asks for, JV gets.
Mr.Bond
AG
I love JV but he isn't a manager. Him dictating a lineup is ludicrous
Beat40
EastCoastAgNc said:

JDUB08AG said:

What JV asks for, JV gets.
JV didn't ask for Dubon in CF. Dusty said last year Dubon was the best option in CF while JV pitched. It was 100% a Dusty decision, so let's not get this rumor started.

The Maldy situation is much different.
Beat40
Mr.Bond said:

He didn't state he wanted Dubon in CF. That was a 100% Dusty decision.
Mr.Bond
AG
Beat40 said:

Mr.Bond said:

He didn't state he wanted Dubon in CF. That was a 100% Dusty decision.

Where did Dusty say Dubon has to play CF for JV? I legit missed that
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

First Page Last Page
Page 1640 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.