***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,527,696 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
CFTXAG10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bulldog73 said:

we weren't willing to pay him what he's making, but now we'll pay that plus whatever we trade to get him.

We would be getting him for much less
redline248
AG
Quote:

but now we'll pay that plus whatever we trade to get him
Not if the Mets send us the cash to cover it. Critical piece of the deal, potentially
W
AG
c'mon Dana...pull the plug
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Your old ass could use some pushing
redline248
AG
Follow up question should have been "The flexibility provided by Salazar covers more than just today, right?"

edit: OMG I just looked and today TB isn't even throwing a lefty
The Porkchop Express
AG
linkdude said:

I find that hilarious. I know i"m the rare dusty fan on here, but that is a classic manager read between the lines "go f8ck yourself" comment.
Farmer1906
AG
If we were willing to pay that a trade would have been done. We clearly aren't. This is an opportunity to get him at a 50% markdown.
rosco511
AG
What does it even mean to say Yainer has trouble with lefties as some type of argument? I mean Maldy is terrible against everyone.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
rosco511 said:

What does it even mean to say Yainer has trouble with lefties as some type of argument? I mean Maldy is terrible against everyone.

Someone also tweeted that he used the "day game after night game" argument. Between this and him randomly using HIPAA to deflect injury stuff, he just makes crap up to try and move on.
tjack16
AG
So I guess that quote by Dana means no JV?
AggiEE
EastCoastAgNc said:

Your old ass could use some pushing

Did he really use the ageism excuse for why he starts Maldy??

My god....I cannot wait for both Dusty and Maldy to be gone after this season.

A big part of the reason our record is what it is is the "olds" not performing at all, both behind the plate and when constructing lineups
Prosperdick
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Ohhhhh, you got a plan Dusty?
tjack16
AG
Maybe instead of pre-planning days off… go off of if they NEED a day off based on play/being tired
Dies Irae
W said:

regarding JV...

Crane is a tough spot with the payroll.

in the last 2 months, Bregman has played like the best third baseman in the American League.

like someone you want to (make an offer to) stick around

payroll is getting tight for 2024 & 2025

I don't see a way we keep Bregman, without sacrificing too many other pieces. I think he's going to want 30+/year and he hasn't played like that of late
MosesHallRAB04
AG
tjack16 said:

So I guess that quote by Dana means no JV?

Or it's gm speak trying to get the Mets to pay more of that awful contract
AggiEE
EastCoastAgNc said:

GET A STARTER DANA

My confidence level is pretty low for the rest of the season if we don't get a starter, and Dusty continues to be Dusty.

Our SP is decent but if not for JP's magical performance wouldn't be that noteworthy, and it really requires a more potent offense than last year. We need to play our best hitters most day of the week. And dusty won't allow it.
All I do is Nguyen
I swear it's like Dusty sat at his desk at the start of the season and made lineups for all 162 games and makes adjustments if injuries happen.

"It was planned that way" like dude it's called IMPROVISE ADAPT OVERCOME
No matter what!
Epstein didn't do, you know, the thing...
I'm the rare Astros/Cowboys/Spurs fan. We do exist
AggiEE
All I do is Nguyen said:

I swear it's like Dusty sat at his desk at the start of the season and made lineups for all 162 games and makes adjustments if injuries happen.

"It was planned that way" like dude it's called IMPROVISE ADAPT OVERCOME

The proper question is - why is it planned for Diaz to not play catcher at least 50% of the time with Maldy?

Even a 50:50 split is better than what we have right now. Diaz only starts when Brown does. It's disgusting.
Gmanoutdoors
AG
Yeah. Can we please trade Jake Meyers and star Chas everyday
BadAggie
AG
Dusty: ' I'm the manager and can't change the lineup.'

Good talk.
linkdude
AG
time to wildly speculate!
Dies Irae
AggiEE said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

GET A STARTER DANA

My confidence level is pretty low for the rest of the season if we don't get a starter, and Dusty continues to be Dusty.

Our SP is decent but if not for JP's magical performance wouldn't be that noteworthy, and it really requires a more potent offense than last year. We need to play our best hitters most day of the week. And dusty won't allow it.

Me too, I think the bullpen is serviceable with the addition of Graveman. Maton, Neris, Graveman, Abreu, Pressly, all guys you feel reasonably comfortable turning to in high leverage. Medium leverage you cringe but can throw out Martinez and Stanek, book is still out on Mushinski, then you have Montero for human torch work.

I feel pretty good about Framber/Javier/Brown/France but need to rotate Bielak to long relief and get that 5 SP
BadAggie
AG
linkdude said:

Hmmm.
Farmer1906
AG
linkdude said:

texasaggie2015
AG
What Dana tells the media is completely different from what's actually happening behind the scenes.
Ags #1
AG
Clifford is a no deal imo. He is going to be good
Mr President Elect
AG
redline248 said:

Follow up question should have been "The flexibility provided by Salazar covers more than just today, right?"

edit: OMG I just looked and today TB isn't even throwing a lefty
Aren't they throwing an opener today? I have no idea who their long inning guy today is though.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Ags #1 said:

Clifford is a no deal imo. He is going to be good

I guess it depends who we are getting
mAgnoliAg
AG
How are we prioritizing pen over starter? I don't understand the organizations lack of desire for a long relief guy. It's like it's against their philosophy
bullard21k
AG
Baker is a dbag who doesn't think he can be questioned. Still stand by stance on chas…he has been making decisions out of spite on him for 3 years and doesn't want to be second guessed
themissinglink
AG
Mathguy64
AG
mAgnoliAg said:

How are we prioritizing pen over starter? I don't understand the organizations lack of desire for a long relief guy. It's like it's against their philosophy
While I get the concern during the season, come playoffs they have long relief and way more buckets than any other team out there.

Framber
CJ
Brown
Urquidy
France
Blanco
Possible starter via trade

Even if they don't add a starter you are only using at most 4 starters in a playoff series. There are two guys, possibly 3 that will end up in the pen. Urquidy and Blanco are my guess. That's more than enough long relief.
mAgnoliAg
AG
Mathguy64 said:

mAgnoliAg said:

While I get the concern during the season, come playoffs they have long relief and way more buckets than any other team out there.

Framber
CJ
Brown
Urquidy
France
Blanco
Possible starter via trade

Even if they don't add a starter you are only using at most 4 starters in a playoff series. There are two guys, possibly 3 that will end up in the pen. Urquidy and Blanco are my guess. That's more than enough long relief.

But in the process of attempting to get to the playoffs we are wearing out our hood bullpen guys.
redline248
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

rosco511 said:

Someone also tweeted that he used the "day game after night game" argument. Between this and him randomly using HIPAA to deflect injury stuff, he just makes crap up to try and move on.
I bet we can find many examples of Maldy catching a day game after a night game
Marvin
AG
linkdude said:

Bet he told Dana Brown the same thing.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
First Page Last Page
Page 1345 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.