***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,551,473 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
halfastros81
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Aggie football - 3
Aggie basketball - 3
Aggie baseball -2
Astros -2
An L of an Ag
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

F it, I'll bite and I KNOW I'm gonna get some crap for this:
Astros 3
Aggie FB 3
Aggie Baseball 1
Aggie men's BBall 1
Cowboys (I know I know) 2

This is how I'd pick them as well.
Mr.Bond
AG
Aggie football - 5
Aggie basketball - 0
Aggie baseball -0
Astros -5
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

All I do is Nguyen
Happy obese Framber day!!!!
No matter what!
Epstein didn't do, you know, the thing...
I'm the rare Astros/Cowboys/Spurs fan. We do exist
ElCheAg
AG
Aggie football - 9

Lowest ranked golfer at the Masters after I place a large bet for him to win the Masters - 1
gambochaman
AG
tjack16
AG
I'll be there tonight. On a 4 game win streak when I go so hopefully it continues

Going for the sweep… the jeans might have to make a return
EastCoastAgNc
AG
tjack16 said:

I'll be there tonight. On a 4 game win streak when I go so hopefully it continues

Going for the sweep… the jeans might have to make a return
AlwaysNextYear89
AG
The ONLY acceptable and correct response!
jkag89
AlwaysNextYear89 said:

The ONLY acceptable and correct response!
I disagree
Fightin' Texas Aggie Baseball - 4
Fightin' Texas Aggie Football - 4
Houston Astors - 2
Big Al 1992
AG
Speaking of Royals and Greinke - poor guy is 1-10 with a 5+ era.
Daddy-O5
AG
Lonestar_Ag09 said:

The amount of basketball and especially soccer love for Championship counts is appalling on this thread.

Anyone on this thread with a higher number next to anyone other than the Astros might go on the ignore list lol
I had a knee jerk reaction to star this, because I'm pretty much on board with your first statement. Then I read the second part and realized I might make it on your ignore list as well after I thought about my own. This is an Aggie Sport's Website after all.

Aggie Football - 4
Aggie Baseball - 3
Astros - 2
Aggie MBB - 1

Numbers for Aggie Baseball and Astros are interchangeable, list is simply a byproduct of the Astros already winning two. Very much a fair-weather Aggie MBB fan, but like the idea of an accumulative decade of dominance in all the big 3 sports.

jetch17
AG
Pretty quiet this morning - looking forward to hopefully seeing some familiar faces in the lineup tonight.

Think ill have a 'client meeting' downtown today and run by the team store at lunch
Harry Dunne
tjack16 said:

Astros - 5
Aggie Football - 5

Part of me wants to give Aggie baseball or hoops a few because of how much that would change the program, but TBH I just don't care enough about them to take them away from the two above. Also because the Astros could win one on their own even without my magic help while any of my other teams almost certainly will not.

Now give me only 5 total and I'd be conflicted….

But probably still 5 Astros. Don't hate me.
fullback44
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

This is a good look at the play at the plate from last night

Peña had the perfect throw on this out .. it really couldn't have been a better throw .. amazing really
Prosperdick
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

I was on the "too close for replay to overturn but I think he's out" team but after seeing the synced up side-by-side images he's definitely out and NY had no choice.

Now on Tucker safe at home the night before there wasn't any evidence where you could definitively see his foot did or didn't touch home plate so that really was a "too close for replay to overturn" and if HPU had called Tuck out it wouldn't have been overturned.
ClickClack
AG
Lonestar_Ag09 said:

The amount of basketball and especially soccer love for Championship counts is appalling on this thread.

Anyone on this thread with a higher number next to anyone other than the Astros might go on the ignore list lol

A soccer team / league that is not even in this country too. Ghey.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Pahdz
For the championship question...

Stros - 3
Aggie Football - 3
Texans - 1
Minnesota Wild - 1
Minnesota United - 1
Minnesota Vikings - 1

I live in the Twin Cities now, the Wild because this is a hockey crazed town and the people deserve it. My family is United season ticket holders, and the Vikings because why not?
Wabs
AG
Aggie Baseball - 4
Astros - 4
Aggie Football - 2
cmk10
AG
For the Championships it should be 5 Aggie Fball and 5 Astros. Should interchange them so you get a championship in one of them every year. That is living the dream!!!
htxag09
AG
Prosperdick said:

All I do is Nguyen said:

I was on the "too close for replay to overturn but I think he's out" team but after seeing the synced up side-by-side images he's definitely out and NY had no choice.

Now on Tucker safe at home the night before there wasn't any evidence where you could definitively see his foot did or didn't touch home plate so that really was a "too close for replay to overturn" and if HPU had called Tuck out it wouldn't have been overturned.
One play had the ball and tag obviously beat the runner.

The other play had the runner obviously beat the throw and the tag. But they were hoping his foot hovered over the plate instead of actually touching it but, since zero cameras are an inch above home plate, no camera angle is going to show this definitively.

Despite what the Rangers fans and social media thinks.....those aren't the same thing.
Wabs
AG
I have a feeling Dusty is going to give Yordan another day off today. 2 more days of rest, bring him back Friday.
Prosperdick
AG
htxag09 said:

Prosperdick said:

All I do is Nguyen said:

The other play had the runner obviously beat the throw and the tag. But they were hoping his foot hovered over the plate instead of actually touching it but, since zero cameras are an inch above home plate, no camera angle is going to show this definitively.

Despite what the Rangers fans and social media thinks.....those aren't the same thing.
Completely agree but do enjoy bitter Ranger tears. I sure hope we can get more tonight and sweep their asses outta town.
gigemJTH12
AG
bearkatag15 said:

definitely jamming Johnny Cash
htxag09
AG
Prosperdick said:

htxag09 said:

Prosperdick said:

All I do is Nguyen said:

Completely agree but do enjoy bitter Ranger tears. I sure hope we can get more tonight and sweep their asses outta town.
Pretty crazy to venture over to their thread right now and the majority of them seem to really believe that Tucker was definitively out and Semien was definitively safe.....but NY and MLB are just out to get them.

Shows you how strong bias is. The delusion is strong.
tjack16
AG

Put him on the 40 man and CALL HIM UP

I'd be fine with DFA'ing about 3 guys on the 40 man to make room for him.
McInnis
AG
Wabs said:

I have a feeling Dusty is going to give Yordan another day off today. 2 more days of rest, bring him back Friday.

If he does put Yordon in the lineup you know we'll also get Hensley and Madris.
fullback44
AG
Now we know who all the whiners are when it comes to Aggie baseball as well .. some people whine about every fricken call and 90% of the time it's obvious without replay …. Angry Rangers fans !

Look, the ump sucked balls last night but he sucked for both teams .. his strike zone was bigger than fat lady that plays the organ at church on Sunday's ..
Farmer1906
AG
McInnis said:

Wabs said:

I know we joke around but Dusty is pretty consistent about trying to take care of his aces. Framber gets ground balls so Framber gets Breggy, Pena, Altuve (Dubon), & Abreu. I don't think anyone don't he planet is sitting Chas or TED right now. That just leaves Yordan and ??? at DH/LF.
bobinator
AG
I don't know if I'm more disappointed in how many people read the Rangers thread or how few championships y'all want to give Aggie basketball.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Quote:

I don't think anyone don't he planet is sitting Chas or TED right now
I can think of one person and their name rhymes with trusty.

If, and it's a big if, Altuve and Yordan come back tonight, who do you DH? Yordan shouldn't have a ton of activity in the OF with Framber on the mount but Altuve will…
Dies Irae
We are only 27 more outs away from 1936 world fair and greater metropolitan area population smack.
HarryRocket
tjack16 said:

Put him on the 40 man and CALL HIM UP

I'd be fine with DFA'ing about 3 guys on the 40 man to make room for him.

Agreed. Nothing to lose considering our current bench.
redline248
AG
Farmer1906 said:

McInnis said:

Wabs said:

I know we joke around but Dusty is pretty consistent about trying to take care of his aces. Framber gets ground balls so Framber gets Breggy, Pena, Altuve (Dubon), & Abreu. I don't think anyone don't he planet is sitting Chas or TED right now. That just leaves Yordan and ??? at DH/LF.
"Challenge accepted!"

Dusty, probably
First Page Last Page
Page 1271 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.