***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,461,356 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Pedro, Randy, Wainwright, Linecum, and Roy
RED AG 98
AG
Ag_07 said:

Pedro, Randy, Wainwright, Linecum, and Roy

Great list. I like Wainwright and Lincecum from the middle group as well. After a little thought I think this is what I'd do as well. Co-sign.
linkdude
AG
110 max EV should turn a few heads
iamtheglove
So did we ever get an official explanation why a Yankees pitcher was caught with something on his pitching hand, allowed to wash his hand and continue pitching? In light of the most recent ejections it seems like something the league would want to address.
FrioAg 00
AG
Johnson
Verlander
Strasberg
Oswalt
Webb
Prosperdick
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

shano0603
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

Off day shenanigans post
I'm taking JV, Big Unit, Oswalt, lincecum and Wainright

are we talking best season? Careers or what?
Pahdz
That's why I took the first column straight down. Moose was never bad despite maybe not ever being the absolute best. Halladay at $4 is an absolute take. That dude was a beast.
Farmer1906
AG
Y'all are crazy to take Mussina over ZG. The only thing Mussina has over him is maybe a lesser decline in the latter half of his career.
Farmer1906
AG
Y'all wanna see something funny?

MaxPower
If you are combining offense and defense I agree. He is shockingly good defensively in a Joey Gallo kind of way.
Farmer1906
AG
He's solid, not great on defense. Read the 2nd comment. Not only is Judge the best (Mike Trout exists) but they have someone else better too.
Beat40
iamtheglove said:

So did we ever get an official explanation why a Yankees pitcher was caught with something on his pitching hand, allowed to wash his hand and continue pitching? In light of the most recent ejections it seems like something the league would want to address.
German also puts rosin on before going out to the mound.

His hand was found to be abnormally sticky at the end of like the 2nd inning, and like Max, said it was just rosin. He was told he needed to wash his hands. He was checked before the start of the 3rd inning and his hands did not feel abnormally sticky, so he was allowed to continue to pitch. He then proceeded to use the rosin bag on the mound the rest of the game.

Jomboy's recap is pretty good:

Lonestar_Ag09
AG
It was found to be too sticky. He should have been tossed right there, end of story.
JohnnyTexAg1995
I may be wrong but I thought I read a take on the two sticky substance issues this week that made it make more sine to me. The only difference between the 2 situations is where they found sticky stuff. it seams German only had Rosin on his hands. Rosin in of itself is not an illegal substance, so the umpire is given him the benefit of the doubt and giving him an opportunity to prove that, which I guess he did. (not that I agree with this but I can see why).

Max had sticky stuff on his glove as well. from what I have heard sticky stuff on the glove is a big no no. and that includes rosin. that's why the umpire asked him to change gloves, and max took expiation to that. The umpire tried to give him the benefit of the doubt as well and max was a baby about it.
cone
AG
Dickless Jon Heyman
Wabs
AG
cone said:

Dickless Jon Heyman

Absolutely the biggest Yankee homer there is. **** him.
Harry Dunne
MaxPower said:

If you are combining offense and defense I agree. He is shockingly good defensively in a Joey Gallo kind of way.
He implies best CF defensively. He's shockingly good for a roided out giant, but he's middle of the pack overall.
agproducer
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Y'all are crazy to take Mussina over ZG. The only thing Mussina has over him is maybe a lesser decline in the latter half of his career.

Career numbers between the two are comparable. ERA+ is even at 123. Mussina had 57 CGs and 23 shutouts compared to ZG's 17 and 5 respectively. WHIP is basically even. So, it isn't so crazy.

If I had one game to win and had to choose who to start, I'd go Mussina. Nothing against Zack. It's just personal preference.
Farmer1906
AG
agproducer said:

Farmer1906 said:

Career numbers between the two are comparable. ERA+ is even at 123. Mussina had 57 CGs and 23 shutouts compared to ZG's 17 and 5 respectively. WHIP is basically even. So, it isn't so crazy.

If I had one game to win and had to choose who to start, I'd go Mussina. Nothing against Zack. It's just personal preference.

ZG declined less gracefully because he stuff died and he had to figure it out. Stuff wise, prime ZG was better. Numbers wise, prime ZG was better. Take their best season, best handful, best decade and ZG is better.
All I do is Nguyen
How drunk were you when you wrote this?
3B Paul 97
AG
wangus12 said:

agproducer said:

wangus12 said:

agproducer said:

Beau Holder said:

The Porkchop Express said:

I'll be in the ATL Saturday night with my daughter to watch Framber torch the Braves! First time I've seen the Astros play on the road since 2007.

Saturday is the one we're going to as well. Maybe we'll cross paths.
TexAgs Astros Baseball Missed Connections.

Be careful. I knew Beau in his college years. Them Walton guys are always a bit off
I was in Walton for a year -- Penthouse on A Ramp!

Spent 4 years in B and I ramps myself

Schuhmacher Hall - '93-'97. FYW!!!
Dies Irae
We got ASTROS BASEBALL tonight!!
tjack16
AG
I cant wait until we play the A's.

Currently at 3-16. I hope they set the loss record
Prosperdick
AG
tjack16 said:

They need to move to Las Vegas already but they can go ahead and change their name to the L's as a head start.
Frok
AG
tjack16 said:

Astros will probably handle the 16-3 Rays better
linkdude
AG
Good ole Charlie Pallilo still on his horse. Little lookahead for the next week.
Wabs
AG
Prosperdick said:

tjack16 said:

They need to move to Las Vegas already but they can go ahead and change their name to the L's as a head start.
The Arlingtons already have taken 5 of 6 from the Royals and they'll probably pad their record some more with a series sweep over the A's at home this weekend.
JohnnyTexAg1995
All I do is Nguyen said:

drunk on stupid iPhone auto corrects haha
Yellerjacket
Wabs said:

Prosperdick said:

tjack16 said:

The Arlingtons already have taken 5 of 6 from the Royals and they'll probably pad their record some more with a series sweep over the A's at home this weekend.
Don't worry. The Stros will get their chance to pad their record against the A's as well.
agproducer
AG
Farmer1906 said:

agproducer said:

Farmer1906 said:

ZG declined less gracefully because he stuff died and he had to figure it out. Stuff wise, prime ZG was better. Numbers wise, prime ZG was better. Take their best season, best handful, best decade and ZG is better.

I agree with your points, and I'm not disputing that. I'm saying they are comparable statwise over their careers. Kudos to ZG for reinventing when he lost his upper 90s fastball. Mussina has a higher career WAR.

Again, I'm not taking anything away from ZG. If I'm building a rotation from that, I'm taking Mussina. Personal preference.
texasaggie2015
AG
Stupid AppleTV+ tonight.

Yes, I know I can use a free trial. But it still sucks major buttcheeks.
bearkatag15
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Stupid AppleTV+ tonight.

Yes, I know I can use a free trial. But it still sucks major buttcheeks.
I look forward to the 4k crystal clear viewing. You gotta live life glass half full guys
All I do is Nguyen
JohnnyTexAg1995 said:

All I do is Nguyen said:

drunk on stupid iPhone auto corrects haha
Man that happens to me ALL the time and i look like I'm having a stroke lol
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Honest question. I have apple tv, is this the same or no?
First Page Last Page
Page 207 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.