***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,088,617 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by texasaggie2015
BadAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
JP France hasn't pitched in 20 days

Pretty much innings eater at this point

tjack16
AG
BadAggie said:

JP France hasn't pitched in 20 days

Pretty much innings eater at this point

I think he will come in if we have a big lead in about the 6th or 7th of a game
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Somebody call doc the waaahhhmbulance
Ag_07
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

tjack16
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

FrioAg 00
AG
Remember when we played 3 at LA this year, and that chode of a home cooking ref called a game deciding bock that was total bullcrap, and then just stood there with that smug **** eating grin on his face.

That's the perfect example of why I love it every year with the dodgers blow it in the first round

BQRyno
AG
FrioAg 00 said:

Remember when we played 3 at LA this year, and that chode of a home cooking ref called a game deciding bock that was total bullcrap, and then just stood there with that smug **** eating grin on his face.

That's the perfect example of why I love it every year with the dodgers blow it in the first round

Oh lord, please tell me you truly think the term is "bock." That's way better than some kind of autocorrect.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

Watching this I think Scherzer is a smoke screen. I don't think he will be back. And in my gut I just don't get a fear feeling from Eouvalde they talked about starting him and how solid he had been and how he could get two starts and come in late in a game 7 if needed. Ask the Sox how that works for you
Farmer1906
AG
BQRyno said:

FrioAg 00 said:

Oh lord, please tell me you truly think the term is "bock." That's way better than some kind of autocorrect.
Mmmmm... I love me an ice cold Bock.
Diggity
AG
BQRyno said:

FrioAg 00 said:

little known fact, the aforementioned pitching infraction was named after Gabe's grandfather....who was known to have a very wonky throwing motion.
FrioAg 00
AG
BQRyno said:

FrioAg 00 said:

I'm going to leave it there, and honestly also admit I spelled it the same damn way when looking for the picture.

My mother was an English teacher for 50 years. I am the thorn in her side.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG

Watched this earlier. Pretty good takes. I believe there is some of the same feelings in these picks as those writers
Texaggie7nine
Diggity said:

BQRyno said:

FrioAg 00 said:

little known fact, the aforementioned pitching infraction was named after Gabe's grandfather....who was known to have a very wonky throwing motion.
I believe they termed a very special type of bock after Cutter Crawford of the Redsox.
7nine
Ag_07
AG
Eovaldi is a stud in the playoffs

He owned us in the 2018 ALCS

Texas would be insane not starting him GM 1
Farmer1906
AG
Here is how the Astros "starters" have faired vs Evovaldi and J-Mo the last 3 seasons (postseason included)

Evovaldi

Monty

Seems to me they'd want to use Monty as the 1 in this series. Then you have him as the option to bring back on short rest if things don't go their way early. He's clearly been more effective and less familiar.
stoneca
SIAP but is Scherzer coming back for this series?
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Farmer1906
AG
stoneca said:

SIAP but is Scherzer coming back for this series?

Looks like it.

Mathguy64
AG
A pitcher who hasn't pitched because of an arm injury in a month. And right before that we hung 7 runs on him in 3 IP. And they want to trot him out for game 1?

Go for it. That's a bull pen game right out of the gate.
txags92
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Here is how the Astros "starters" have faired vs Evovaldi and J-Mo the last 3 seasons (postseason included)

Evovaldi

Monty

Seems to me they'd want to use Monty as the 1 in this series. Then you have him as the option to bring back on short rest if things don't go their way early. He's clearly been more effective and less familiar.
Alvarez with an OPS of just under 2 against Eovaldi? Is that good? That seems pretty good to me.
BadAggie
AG
BadAggie
AG
BadAggie
AG
mernaggie12
AG
It's a dumb point in the playoffs. Teams are 13-1 when out-homering their opponent.

In 21 games, there have been 6 lead changes (no more than 1 per game) and only 2 after the 4th inning. With increased bullpen use, runs are priceless whether they as 1 or crooked.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
BadAggie
AG
McInnis
AG
So baseball keeps statistics on everything. Does anyone know if a pennant winning team has ever had a bullpen with a save percentage of less than 50% like the Ranger's? I have a lot of respect for what they've done this year and expect the Astros are going to be in a dogfight. But still, if I were a fan of theirs I wouldn't be very confident.

Teams that slug their way through the regular season usually don't do very well in the playoffs but so far they have. Thoughts?
BadAggie
AG
BadAggie
AG
Mathguy64
AG
365 more posts to 100000.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
BadAggie
AG
cap-n-jack
Dude, do you not feel as if the baseball gods will find you presumptuous for doing this?
How about some more fat bottomed girls?
Mathguy64
AG
Da fuq is wrong with you?
Farmer1906
AG
cap-n-jack said:

Dude, do you not feel as if the baseball gods will find you presumptuous for doing this?
How about some more fat bottomed girls?

7? As in this is our 7th CS in a row. I don't think the gods will somehow take it away.
BadAggie
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Da fuq is wrong with you?

It's Friday and in the ALCS again

First Page Last Page
Page 2847 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.