***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,505,197 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
RC_57
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Circling back to Pressly tipping.. someone on Twitter said they were able to track it back to July 14th.

Ryan Pressly's ERA before July 14th was 2.52. It's 6.23 since.

It seems a lefty hitter would have the best angle to see the slight movement in his forearm. Mullins, O'Hearn and Hicks are all lefties and all reached base last night.

His xOBA against lefties before July 14th was .229. It's .341 since.

Can you share where on Twitter?
agproducer
AG
RC_57 said:

texasaggie2015 said:

Circling back to Pressly tipping.. someone on Twitter said they were able to track it back to July 14th.

Ryan Pressly's ERA before July 14th was 2.52. It's 6.23 since.

It seems a lefty hitter would have the best angle to see the slight movement in his forearm. Mullins, O'Hearn and Hicks are all lefties and all reached base last night.

His xOBA against lefties before July 14th was .229. It's .341 since.

Can you share where on Twitter?
Helping out.

texasaggie2015
AG
In his outings that he's given up runs...

Yesterday.. lefties.

Against Oakland in the near no-hitter... Noda and Brown got the hits. Lefties.

The loss against Detroit… McKinstry who got the game-extending hit, and Parker Meadows who hit the bomb… lefties.

July 28 vs Tampa was all righties

July 25 vs Texas… Garver went deep but Jonah Heim, a switch hitter, got the other hit.

July 15... Ohtani Homer (lefty), Ward singles (righty), Moniak singles (lefty), and Escobar singles (lefty)
redline248
AG
On that video right there, that's a short amount of time for a batter to pick that up and process, but what do I know.

edit: maybe not, it's right as he lifts his leg. I guess the question is how easy is that to see from the box.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Going to a Marlins game tonight while in town for work. Anyone know the parking situation around there or should I just Uber?
Farmer1906
AG
Lonestar_Ag09 said:

Going to a Marlins game tonight while in town for work. Anyone know the parking situation around there or should I just Uber?
4 parking garages around the ballpark. No idea if they're easy to get in and out of.
mwm
Okay. Let's assume that Pressly has been tipping and, supposedly, has been since mid-July.

Why hasn't OUR pitching staff picked up on and corrected it?

Someone (maybe many someones) are not doing their job.
agproducer
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Lonestar_Ag09 said:

4 parking garages around the ballpark. No idea if they're easy to get in and out of.

I'd just Uber. When I went, traffic was a cluster getting it out of the neighborhood.
Ag_07
AG
How do we know they haven't identified it, brought it up, and he just hasn't been able to fixed it?

Maybe that's why his usage has been down. Hell until last night he hadn't pitched since last Thurs and I think before that he's had multiple gaps of 3-4 days with no appearances.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Lonestar_Ag09 said:

Tell them when you'll be at the game so they can turn the lights on for you.
FrioAg 00
AG
I don't think it's a tell, and I didn't think he's lost it.

I think we are trying to win the division while using him minimally. The goal is for him to hit his sharpest point in the playoffs - where his breaking ball is moving 12-14 inches (nasty).

Last night he didn't have it - but I actually think that's a result of using him too infrequent
Boiling Denim
mwm said:

Okay. Let's assume that Pressly has been tipping and, supposedly, has been since mid-July.

Why hasn't OUR pitching staff picked up on and corrected it?

Someone (maybe many someones) are not doing their job.
With how many other fires they are fighting staff wide I'm not surprised some things are falling through the cracks

It could also be a general easement on attention to detail that is seemingly plaguing this team in 2023

Or they just aren't that good; in comparison to Strommy
Ag_07
AG
My point is if he's tipping and it's an issue I'm assuming it's been identified.

This is not something a ML staff just overlooks but everyone on twitter has spotted it.

It's either been identified and is being worked on (not fixed though) or it's not tipping and it's not a big deal.
texasaggie2015
AG
I know it's unlikely, but it's going to be hilarious if Pressly doesn't do it next time he pitches and strikes out the side.
Farmer1906
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

I know it's unlikely, but it's going to be hilarious if Pressly doesn't do it next time he pitches and strikes out the side.

He needs to start doing it randomly.
mwm
I'd guess his usage has been down in the last week because we've been getting our butts handed to us by the A's and the Royals.
512Ag
AG
Farmer1906 said:

texasaggie2015 said:

Didn't Maddux have a tell where he'd kind of fan the fingers of his glove slightly on a certain pitch? Then when someone told him about it, he started doing it at random times to screw batters up. I'm not sure Pressly is that clever, but it would be awesome.
Farmer1906
AG
512Ag said:

Farmer1906 said:

texasaggie2015 said:

Didn't Maddux have a tell where he'd kind of fan the fingers of his glove slightly on a certain pitch? Then when someone told him about it, he started doing it at random times to screw batters up. I'm not sure Pressly is that clever, but it would be awesome.

Haven't heard that one before but it makes sense someone like maddux would.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Farmer1906 said:

texasaggie2015 said:

Like the bad guy with the tell in that one James Bond movie.
Blackbeard94
AG
Does he cry blood?
Blackbeard94
AG

The Porkchop Express
AG
Blackbeard94 said:

Does he cry blood?
This thread sure does!

Did we just rename Pressly "Le Chiffre?"

carpediem13
AG
jetch17
AG
I find that lineup enjoyable
spadilly
S
Good Dusty today. At least so far.
AgLA06
AG
Where's Uncle Mike?
Farmer1906
AG
We're facing a RHP at home (easy LF). This is the time to unleash the LoD!
All I do is Nguyen
More like the Line of Maybe Death?
texasaggie2015
AG
They're going to be very very careful with him. Any hint of soreness will probably result in a day or two off.
n_touch
texasaggie2015 said:

They're going to be very very careful with him. Any hint of soreness will probably result in a day or two off.
He worried me the other day when he did that throw from the outfield and the tumble to go with it.
Mr.Bond
AG
carpediem13 said:

Brantley to LF and chas to CF..... That lineup would cause me to consult my physician for having a boner last in longer than 4 hours
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

AgLA06
AG
Mr.Bond said:

carpediem13 said:

Brantley to LF and chas to CF..... That lineup would cause me to consult my physician for having a boner last in longer than 4 hours

Yep.
jetch17
agproducer
AG
I'm headed to my first game of the season tonight at MMP. I'll report back, and you can blame me if we get lit up.
3B Paul 97
AG
I heard Dusty on the radio today and he said he was picking up lunch. Also said he was bringing a banana pudding to Chas and Pettis. Is this a regular occurrence?
First Page Last Page
Page 2372 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.