***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,975,529 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by texasaggie2015
Legal Custodian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Farmer1906 said:

I bought tickets to the Tuesday game. Still ironing details.

Also I was very confused with the use of GLF because it means something very different on this thread.

It's affectionately known as the GiLF up here. Started as poking fun at it because there were a ton fans who hated the new stadium especially when the ballpark was still very much useable. I personally loved having baseball being played outside, but I gotta say the AC is nice and the amenities are night and day better.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
mAgnoliAg said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

texasaggie2015 said:

I just want something to get mad about dammit let me feel something

Maldy will start the majority of our postseason games while Diaz sits on the bench. Let your anger flow

Played a little bit of the show last night after the game and finished a year in franchise and this popped up

LarryElder
texasaggie2015 said:

Just very odd behavior. Don't appreciate getting the possibility of getting banned for just talking ball. I've seen bans given for less. Thought my insight would be appreciated but that's not the case lol
Ranger fans are thin skinned goobers I mean hate to say it but its what I have seen in real life and a good 50lbs overweight.
BadAggie
AG
Singleton goes yard again, make the call Dana
cone
AG
Props to jomboy for the sack to front the Yankees manager
n_touch
BadAggie said:

Was it a fastball?
bearkatag15
AG
n_touch said:

BadAggie said:

Was it a fastball?

Yes
Mr.Bond
AG
BadAggie said:

It is time
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Chrundle the Great
AG
bearkatag15 said:

n_touch said:

BadAggie said:

Was it a fastball?

Yes

Hey I recognize the name of that RF going back to the wall on that hr call
BadAggie
AG
Give Singleton some ABs in Yankee Stadium
BadAggie
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Our #26 prospect per MLB.

Fangraphs has him 28th

Astros Futures has him 7th

Baseball Prospectus has him #42 overall at the midseason ranking.

He went into today with a 148 wRC+.

Call him up
BadAggie
AG
suburban cowboy said:

get Julks off the roster please

Mr. Dirden, you have a call holding on line one.

Beat40
BadAggie said:

Seems like he'll never see a hittable fastball at Yankee stadium if he's called up.
W
AG
thanks to the sweep of the Guardians...

the Astros have their largest lead / working margin in the wildcard standings in quite a while

4-1/2 games ahead of the Red Sox for the last wildcard spot
R-Dog
AG
Beat40 said:

BadAggie said:

Seems like he'll never see a hittable fastball at Yankee stadium if he's called up.

"Straight ball I hit it very much. Curveball...bats are afraid"
ttha_aggie_09
AG
So call up Singleton and send down Jobu
Prosperdick
AG
I've seen Abreu and several others watch fastballs center cut so to think Singleton won't see one is silly. All I know is he would have a very hard time going 0-40 like Julks is about to.
Eso si, Que es
Legal Custodian said:

Farmer1906 said:

I bought tickets to the Tuesday game. Still ironing details.

Also I was very confused with the use of GLF because it means something very different on this thread.

It's affectionately known as the GiLF up here. Started as poking fun at it because there were a ton fans who hated the new stadium especially when the ballpark was still very much useable. I personally loved having baseball being played outside, but I gotta say the AC is nice and the amenities are night and day better.
ZOMG, a rangers fan, burn down the TexAgs offices.

J/K, we don't care if people wonder by to talk baseball and offer intelligent insights.

GLF
Farmer1906
AG
R-Dog said:

Beat40 said:

BadAggie said:

"Straight ball I hit it very much. Curveball...bats are afraid"
This is just a snippet of data, but I went and looked at all 12 of Singleton's Home Runs as a Space Cowboy.

42% - 4 Seam
25% - Slider
25% - Change Up
8% - Curve

or

42% Fastball
33% Breaking
24% Offspeed

25% off LHP
75% off RHP

A sample size of the 12 best-hit balls doesn't disprove the breaking ball theory, but lets not write the book just yet without having a little more data,

One of HRs was off of Yerry Rodriquez. That's fun.
bearkatag15
AG

This is an odd DFA for Philly.
Eso si, Que es
LarryElder said:

texasaggie2015 said:

Just very odd behavior. Don't appreciate getting the possibility of getting banned for just talking ball. I've seen bans given for less. Thought my insight would be appreciated but that's not the case lol
Ranger fans are thin skinned goobers I mean hate to say it but its what I have seen in real life and a good 50lbs overweight.
It's dumb when they do it, and it is equally dumb when we do it. We are practically the exact same people. Caucasian males, predominantly. Texans, check. Aggies, check. Baseball fans, check. Complain about our team, usually. Complain about our rivals, always. Have two championships… well I said we were mostly the same, not exactly the same.
Marvin
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

I was talking baseball on the other thread. Not trolling. I was being friendly and even saying how I was excited to watch their game tonight.

My posts got deleted. But a couple of the posts of some of the guys attacking me stayed up. What in the world? Am I not allowed to talk baseball on this website?

If the mods are reading this I'm genuinely asking. The only rule I'm aware of is no trolling and I was having an exchange about what I liked/didn't like about the JV trade. It's odd that I can't do that but it's okay to attack me.

There are separate threads for a reason. I don't agree with Mr. Gigem talking trash about our team on the Rangers thread, as a Rangers employee no less, and then being all deferential when coming over here. Same with other posters. Be who you are and stay on your side of the fence- or at least be the same on both sides.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
MrCoachEricTaylor
Farmer1906 said:

I picked out sec 110

Anyone that goes, make sure you get food from Hurtados BBQ in the stadium. Brisket nachos or the Brisket Birria tacos are where it's at!
Harry Dunne
Agree.

Beat40
bearkatag15 said:

Wonder if there is an injury or some sort of issue about to pop up.

Article talks about the Phillies expecting a regression, but I haven't heard about a club DFAing again in anticipation of regression.
Wabs
AG
Marvin said:

texasaggie2015 said:

I was talking baseball on the other thread. Not trolling. I was being friendly and even saying how I was excited to watch their game tonight.

My posts got deleted. But a couple of the posts of some of the guys attacking me stayed up. What in the world? Am I not allowed to talk baseball on this website?

If the mods are reading this I'm genuinely asking. The only rule I'm aware of is no trolling and I was having an exchange about what I liked/didn't like about the JV trade. It's odd that I can't do that but it's okay to attack me.

There are separate threads for a reason. I don't agree with Mr. Gigem talking trash about our team on the Rangers thread, as a Rangers employee no less, and then being all deferential when coming over here. Same with other posters. Be who you are and stay on your side of the fence- or at least be the same on both sides.

Yes, Rangers fans need to stay on the side of the fence that has no WS banners. It's where they belong.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
bigjag19
AG
Eso si, Que es said:

LarryElder said:

texasaggie2015 said:

It's dumb when they do it, and it is equally dumb when we do it. We are practically the exact same people. Caucasian males, predominantly. Texans, check. Aggies, check. Baseball fans, check. Complain about our team, usually. Complain about our rivals, always. Have two championships… well I said we were mostly the same, not exactly the same.

DFW is in Oklahoma so they ain't Texans.
Mathguy64
AG
Maybe it's just me but we have manipulated the crap out of our relievers and back end starters. Guys are coming and going from SL faster than ever before.

This was something I expected out of Click; TB does this a lot.
BadAggie
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Sign him
redline248
AG
His statcast page looks like how I would expect Brooks Raley's to look, but with less spin
Mathguy64
AG
I'm not sure I buy Dubin coming up. Saturday we add JV and Sunday Urquidy. Blanco as a starter doesn't need replacing. And someone else still has to go down.
texasaggie2015
AG
Oh well. I'm over it. It was just super bizarre. Haha

On a serious note though… can you imagine what a playoff series between these two teams would be like?
BadAggie
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Oh well. I'm over it. It was just super bizarre. Haha

On a serious note though… can you imagine what a playoff series between these two teams would be like?

Yes, Astros advance.
Beat40
Mathguy64 said:

Maybe it's just me but we have manipulated the crap out of our relievers and back end starters. Guys are coming and going from SL faster than ever before.

This was something I expected out of Click; TB does this a lot.
I also guess that's what happens when 2/5 of your opening day rotation goes to the IL and the guy you expected to get back at the ASB is shut down for the year.
First Page Last Page
Page 1458 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.