***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,003,912 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by texasaggie2015
texasaggie2015
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
He very well could. Can play all over the infield
Farmer1906
AG
Mr Gigem said:

So do they close the roof like right before the game starts then? It must be hot AF in there if so

Nah they have timed out where it feels fine. I'm. It sure they open it daily but enough to keep the grass growing. Concerts **** it up occasionally.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
It is in the upper areas yes. I believe they close it like 2.5-3 Hr before

It's literally the purpose of the retractable roof. If not just build a dome
Farmer1906
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

He very well could. Can play all over the infield

I think he projects at 3rd/1st.
Mr Gigem
AG
Yeah I think one of the reason we decided on the synthetic turf was so we could keep the roof closed during the day and keep it cool. We also have stuff going on on the field all the time it seems like
suburban cowboy
AG
get Julks off the roster please
Beat40
texasaggie2015 said:

For sure. Just beyond weird. It was a completely normal conversation and I wasn't remotely close to trolling.

They are babies.

It's better if we don't care about if they post here or not for genuine conversation so as not to stoop to being childish in our thread.

Let their posts stay up in this thread.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Mr Gigem said:

Yeah I think one of the reason we decided on the synthetic turf was so we could keep the roof closed during the day and keep it cool. We also have stuff going on on the field all the time it seems like

Then don't add the cost to have it retract. And the consideration is baseball first. It is after all….a baseball stadium.

But I guess something has to pay the bills in October
texasaggie2015
AG
Yeah, I got flagged for posting very similar to how Mr Gigem is posting right now.
Beat40
Mr Gigem said:

Why don't you tell your brethren that an Astros fan coming to talk baseball on your thread is ok?

If it was one of us going on your thread to explain some thing about MMP, your guys would get their panties in a wad and have the post deleted.

I've actually wanted to join in on some conversations you guys have had, but haven't because I fear my posts will get deleted for "trolling" and I'll catch a ban.

That being said, appreciate the explanation and the run up to October will prove to be fun.
bearkatag15
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Yeah, I got flagged for posting very similar to how Mr Gigem is posting right now.

Weird, they all swear the mods are all Astros fans…
Beat40
texasaggie2015 said:

Don't flag his post. Let it stay up. Let them be the babies.
texasaggie2015
AG
I'm not flagging anything. I don't think I've ever flagged anything. I appreciate conversation.
Mr.Bond
AG
Mr Gigem said:

We do the same thing though...... weird
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Mr Gigem
AG
Lonestar_Ag09 said:

Mr Gigem said:

Then don't add the cost to have it retract. And the consideration is baseball first. It is after all….a baseball stadium.

Eh.. some people would disagree with you on this. There's a lot of residual income from other events we are able to host, plus income from other development around the stadium. Not sure of the Astros situation in regards to other revenue streams, but it is definitely a competitive advantage not every team can say they have
Beat40
texasaggie2015 said:

I'm not flagging anything. I don't think I've ever flagged anything. I appreciate conversation.

I know. More for the other posters on this site who do it to get "revenge."
Mr Gigem
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

I have no problem with you posting on our thread. We have a trash talk thread for the trolling. Not saying you've ever done that. I've personally enjoyed your contribution, and hope you make it up to GLF some time. I'll get you a beer if you do. Think I'm getting Farmer a beer for the next series if he tells me what game he's coming to
mAgnoliAg
AG
Mr Gigem said:

texasaggie2015 said:

I have no problem with you posting on our thread. We have a trash talk thread for the trolling. Not saying you've ever done that. I've personally enjoyed your contribution, and hope you make it up to GLF some time. I'll get you a beer if you do. Think I'm getting Farmer a beer for the next series if he tells me what game he's coming to

Any seat recommendations for the Tuesday and Wednesday night games? I'm going to both. Was thinking maybe behind stros pen. Mid range price is good
EastCoastAgNc
AG
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/38123257/yankees-nestor-cortes-set-return-two-months-il
Nestor will be back this weekend for our series
Beat40
Mr Gigem said:

Lonestar_Ag09 said:

Mr Gigem said:

Eh.. some people would disagree with you on this. There's a lot of residual income from other events we are able to host, plus income from other development around the stadium. Not sure of the Astros situation in regards to other revenue streams, but it is definitely a competitive advantage not every team can say they have

I guess ultimately it will depend on how long it holds up and the cost maintenance. Probably not a really big deal seeing as it's a sports franchise. Even the "poorest" franchises still make payroll. I will be interested to see it in 5-7 years and what it takes to maintain it as it gets older.
Farmer1906
AG
I bought tickets to the Tuesday game. Still ironing details.

Also I was very confused with the use of GLF because it means something very different on this thread.
texasaggie2015
AG
Just very odd behavior. Don't appreciate getting the possibility of getting banned for just talking ball. I've seen bans given for less. Thought my insight would be appreciated but that's not the case lol
Farmer1906
AG
Relax. Don't overthink it. Don't let it brother you.
Mr Gigem
AG
We are getting close to sold out. Feel free to PM me your email address and I can send you some options in the morning when I get to the office
Farmer1906
AG
I picked out sec 110
texasaggie2015
AG
I just want something to get mad about dammit let me feel something

Mr Gigem
AG
I believe we are scheduled to replace the turf either after this season or next season. Might be doing something special with it for the ASG
Mr Gigem
AG
Great seats. Close to a bar too
texasaggie2015
AG
Seriously though I've still never made a visit to GLF. Need to do that. Already have trips planned to Wrigley, Miller and Petco next year.
mAgnoliAg
AG
Mr Gigem said:

We are getting close to sold out. Feel free to PM me your email address and I can send you some options in the morning when I get to the office

Whatever reason won't let me PM. It says your username doesn't exist. Maybe you got the ban hammer

magnoliag6@gmail.com
EastCoastAgNc
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Maldy will start the majority of our postseason games while Diaz sits on the bench. Let your anger flow
texasaggie2015
AG
Great, I love no-hitters
mAgnoliAg
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

texasaggie2015 said:

Maldy will start the majority of our postseason games while Diaz sits on the bench. Let your anger flow

Played a little bit of the show last night after the game and finished a year in franchise and this popped up

Mr Gigem
AG
Email sent
mAgnoliAg
AG
Mr Gigem said:

Email sent
First Page Last Page
Page 1457 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.