***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,003,722 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by texasaggie2015
texasaggie2015
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sure, but again, I'm not arguing one way or another. Just relaying what I've been told.
Dies Irae
So getting back to Luis Robert Jr. I have zero doubt he is a better player than Chas, but right now Chad is just as good as he is. I think we will see a regression but every time he has a little down trend he has a huge breakout game like today.
Chef Elko
AG
I've slowly amassed Jon Singleton autographed cards via ebay over the past month
Dies Irae
Danwell Home said:

I've slowly amassed Jon Singleton autographed cards via ebay over the past month
redline248
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Ohtani is a cheat code.

Tucker: 7 HR, 23 RBI, 1.119 OPS
Chas: 6 HR, 23 RBI, 1.128 OPS

Guess they should learn to pitch
Farmer1906
AG
redline248 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Ohtani is a cheat code.

Tucker: 7 HR, 23 RBI, 1.119 OPS
Chas: 6 HR, 23 RBI, 1.128 OPS

Guess they should learn to pitch
I was about to agree. Cheat code my ass. Ohtani sucked at pitching in July.

4.97 ERA
5.60 FIP
0.0 WAR

Chas and TED were robbed.
jah003
S
Danwell Home said:

Farmer1906
AG
jah003 said:

Danwell Home said:

Buy low. He comes up and mashed. Sell medium.
Chef Elko
AG
jah003 said:

Danwell Home said:

Because Bud Norris said these cards are worth a lot more than what I paid for them.
Farmer1906
AG
Wow. Scumbag domestic abuser is a drunk too.

What a meltdown in NY.
Ag4life80
AG
Beat40 said:

redline248 said:

Beat40 said:

redline248 said:

AggiEE said:

Yordan's knees are why he's not at 1B
But they don't keep him out of LF
I have you ever seen a LFer have to stretch to dig a bad throw?
Wouldn't that put more strain on the hamstrings and groin than the knees?

Looks like all of it - hamstrings, groin, knees.
Well, for one thing, you stride into the throw with your glove hand foot....
redline248
AG
Ag4life80 said:

Beat40 said:

redline248 said:

Beat40 said:

redline248 said:

AggiEE said:

It's that type of thing that I guess is too hard to learn
JYDog90
AG
Farmer1906 said:

What a meltdown in NY.

Shame he didn't no hit his wife.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
The other night, he was supposed to start, then right before the game he was scratched. Then he came in in the fifth inning and pitched the rest of the game. I imagine he probably showed up to the park not completely sober. Also, I think he recently had a very close family member die in his family. That can send people down a bad path of they already have a slight issue.

The domestic abuse stuff makes him very open to ridicule, and he should catch all the crap in the world for that. However, I'll stop short of making light or shaming him for substance abuse addiction issues. I hope he gets the support that he needs for that.
07ag
AG
Farmer1906 said:

What a meltdown in NY.

Good on him for getting help
https://ts.la/eric59704
tjack16
AG

Jomboy about to lose his Yankees credentials (if he has any)
Ag_07
AG
I really commend Boone for doing these interviews with those guys and being completely transparent and not just give coach speak answers.

Seriously...That's awesome and I don't know of any managers that do this kind stuff.

Suck ass manager but props where it's due.
texasaggie2015
AG
This.
Bob Lee
AG
tjack16 said:

Jomboy about to lose his Yankees credentials (if he has any)

That's a fair point from Boone about their upcoming schedule and trying to get Judge an rest day after no rehab start. I'm not an Aaron Boone apologist, but these Yankee teams have been poorly constructed for years. They should have re signed Judge before last year, and then they shouldn't have re signed him after last year. I think the O's are going to be better than them for a while.
redline248
AG
Ag_07 said:

I really commend Boone for doing these interviews with those guys and being completely transparent and not just give coach speak answers.

Seriously...That's awesome and I don't know of any managers that do this kind stuff.

I'd probably rather him than Dusty
tjack16
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

This.

Yeah I wish more managers would do it… I'm also glad they don't hold back on their questions to him.
Wabs
AG
Just realized we won't be facing Cole this series.
Wabs
AG
And just as I type that, Cole gives up a 2 run bomb in the first,
redline248
AG
Look, I give Dusty a lot of sh-t on here, but can you just imagine how he would react if Chandler asked him if resting Yordan was like waving a white flag to the opposition?
Wabs
AG
Were the Yankees in last place when Cole dreamed his whole life of playing for them?
TarponChaser
Ag4life80 said:

Beat40 said:

redline248 said:

Beat40 said:

redline248 said:

AggiEE said:

Is that a middle infielder covering first or something? Because that dude ain't wearing a first baseman's mitt.
W
AG
no one is going to feel sorry for the Yankees...

but it's hard to describe how bad Judge hurt the franchise by having a monster contract year

NYY is committed to paying him $40 MM per season...for 100 or 110 games per season

thru 2031...and he's not getting younger
AlwaysNextYear89
AG
Here's hoping the Rangers CEASE to be in first after tonight's game vs the Sox!
AggiEE
W said:

no one is going to feel sorry for the Yankees...

but it's hard to describe how bad Judge hurt the franchise by having a monster contract year

NYY is committed to paying him $40 MM per season...for 100 or 110 games per season

thru 2031...and he's not getting younger

MLB gave him special balls

Probably doing the same for Ohtani this year

Big free agent players get that special sauce during their contract years
Wabs
AG
Don't know how I could have been dumber. I wanted Rizzo and he is having an absolutely horrid year. Not saying the guy we got is much better, but damn.
R-Dog
AG
redline248 said:

Ag_07 said:

I'd probably rather him than Dusty

I was just thinking about this timeline...

Yankees whack Boone this offseason

Dusty "retires"

Astros hire Boone over Espada (no idea why we would do this but it's just a hypothetical)

Astros win World Series

If that wouldn't be an all time dragging of nuts on Yankees fans faces, I don't know what would be.

Note...I am not advocating hiring Boone in the slightest...just thinking about a hypothetical. But heck, if Dusty can win one...
texasaggie2015
AG
I was talking baseball on the other thread. Not trolling. I was being friendly and even saying how I was excited to watch their game tonight.

My posts got deleted. But a couple of the posts of some of the guys attacking me stayed up. What in the world? Am I not allowed to talk baseball on this website?

If the mods are reading this I'm genuinely asking. The only rule I'm aware of is no trolling and I was having an exchange about what I liked/didn't like about the JV trade. It's odd that I can't do that but it's okay to attack me.
Wabs
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

I was talking baseball on the other thread. Not trolling. I was being friendly and even saying how I was excited to watch their game tonight.

My posts got deleted. But a couple of the posts of some of the guys attacking me stayed up. What in the world? Am I not allowed to talk baseball on this website?

Bunch of thin skinned babies that have never won *****
Project Gemini
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

If the mods are reading this I'm genuinely asking. The only rule I'm aware of is no trolling and I was having an exchange about what I liked/didn't like about the JV trade. It's odd that I can't do that but it's okay to attack me.
It is this site (and any privately owned site) in general. Every board and certain threads just have mods with agendas and thin skin, especially one of them when it comes to criticizing a certain individual. This is not a criticism of this site, I think I speak for the vast majority that enjoy having it and the community. Its just reality, even somewhere like Reddit with boards that have millions of people and are user moderated.
tjack16
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

I just wouldn't post over there honestly… nothing really to gain by it given they think we are "obsessed" with them
First Page Last Page
Page 1455 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.