***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,317,993 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
FrioAg 00 said:

Ragnar Danneskjoldd said:

The astros just pitch their ace 1a for game one, their ace 2a for game two, and their ace 3a for game three. Surprised more dont do this.

The Astros literally have 3 pitchers who would be #1 on the majority of teams (JV, Fram, LMJ), and we have 4 guys who could be #2 or #3 guys on most teams right now (Urq, Javier, Garcia, Brown)

We also have 3 setup guys (Stanek, Abreu, Montero) who would be the best reliever on most teams, or possibly their closer. And we still have an ace closer too.

I'm not sure we've ever seen this much pitching depth on one team.
stop, i can only get so hard
Big Al 1992
AG
Oh BTW the last time JV faced the Phillies…

Verlander, making his 28th and final start, struck out 10 batters and walked one in five hitless innings, lowering his ERA to 1.75, in the Astros' 10-0 win over the Phillies. Houston is 105-56 heading into Wednesday's regular-season finale.
aggie813
Wabs said:

We have the best pitching staff, yet no Framber and they have two pitchers....makes zero sense.
Eso si, Que es
cone said:

it's probably just me

but I think whoever wins game 1 wins the series
If the Philly's win game 1, I may put a grand on the Astros to win it all depending how much the odds swing. I am very confident we win 3 and 4 because their starters are that atrocious. They will go to the pen early in 3 and 4 and we will smash their relievers. I actually think game 1 is the least important game this series.

We are so deep at pitching I think it is very easy to come back from an 0-2 start because they will just run out of pitching the longer the series goes. Game 7 would be an all hands on deck for them and we will just be sitting there with LMJ/Urquidy/Garcia/Brown all ready to throw whatever we need.

The only path I see for them is to beat Framber and JV twice each in games 1,2,5,6. I think they practically concede games 3,4, and 7 to us for lack of depth.
07ag
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

Oh BTW the last time JV faced the Phillies…

Verlander, making his 28th and final start, struck out 10 batters and walked one in five hitless innings, lowering his ERA to 1.75, in the Astros' 10-0 win over the Phillies. Houston is 105-56 heading into Wednesday's regular-season finale.
tbf, the phils clinched the day before and were surely starting whomever was less hungover
https://ts.la/eric59704
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Premium
AG
Eso si, Que es said:

cone said:

it's probably just me

If the Philly's win game 1, I may put a grand on the Astros to win it all depending how much the odds swing. I am very confident we win 3 and 4 because their starters are that atrocious. They will go to the pen early in 3 and 4 and we will smash their relievers. I actually think game 1 is the least important game this series.

We are so deep at pitching I think it is very easy to come back from an 0-2 start because they will just run out of pitching the longer the series goes. Game 7 would be an all hands on deck for them and we will just be sitting there with LMJ/Urquidy/Garcia/Brown all ready to throw whatever we need.

The only path I see for them is to beat Framber and JV twice each in games 1,2,5,6. I think they practically concede games 3,4, and 7 to us for lack of depth.

Another winner, beat Astros 4 games out of first 6 and then concede the 7th
maca1028
aggie813 said:

Wabs said:

We have the best pitching staff, yet no Framber and they have two pitchers....makes zero sense.

My thoughts exactly, what a dumb list.
Eso si, Que es
aggie813 said:

Wabs said:

Yeah if they really think that is the top 10, then we sweep 11 - 20 positions with Framber, Pena, LMJ, Pressly, Javier, Yuli, Abreau, Neris, Dusty Baker JR.
Eso si, Que es
Premium said:

Eso si, Que es said:

cone said:

it's probably just me

Another winner, beat Astros 4 games out of first 6 and then concede the 7th
your reading comprehension is less than premium. I said the only path i see for them is to win 1,2,5,6 because they practically concede 3, 4, 7.

Not that difficult of a concept. Philly wins Nola and Wheelers 4 starts or don't win the series IMO.
Prosperdick
AG
Eso si, Que es said:

cone said:

it's probably just me

My biggest fear is tons of rain in Philly give them extra rest as MLB stupidly pushes games out and negates our strengths of having the best rotation and bullpen.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Beau Holder
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Cry about it
The Porkchop Express
AG
Ryan Pressley has an ERA of 0.00 and 4 saves in 5 games, along with 8 strikeouts in 5.1 innings (14.1 K/9 IP). I can't take a list seriously if he's not at least #2.
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
Boiling Denim
Premium said:

Why don't teams ever pitch their worst pitcher in game 1. For example, concede game 1 by putting up your worst pitcher against Verlander and then the next several games your pitchers should be one notch better than the opponent.

Kind of like sacrificing your pawn for a rook?
World Series Verlander is our worst pitcher tho...
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Ag_07
AG
We have so much pitching depth we haven't even needed to use our depth much.

Luis only pitched in one ALDS game and Urquidy hasn't pitched at all.

We're so deep we can't even use our depth.
lil99chris
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

3B Paul 97 said:

texasaggie2015 said:

kegstand said:

Speaking of Rockets, it was cool seeing Clemens throw out the first pitch against the Yankees as an Astro/Yankee. Too bad we used Oswalt last series too. Who do we think we'll see this weekend?
Eric Bruntlett

Lidge and Wagner. Let's see if they can still bring it.

Lidge was on MLB network yesterday, said he's pulling for the Phillies.

….I can understand why.

htxag09
AG
Ag_07 said:

We have so much pitching depth we haven't even needed to use our depth much.

Luis only pitched in one ALDS game and Urquidy hasn't pitched at all.

We're so deep we can't even use our depth.

And we've played an 18 inning game…..
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
lil99chris said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

3B Paul 97 said:

texasaggie2015 said:

kegstand said:

Speaking of Rockets, it was cool seeing Clemens throw out the first pitch against the Yankees as an Astro/Yankee. Too bad we used Oswalt last series too. Who do we think we'll see this weekend?
Eric Bruntlett

Lidge and Wagner. Let's see if they can still bring it.

Lidge was on MLB network yesterday, said he's pulling for the Phillies.

I had his signed shirt framed in 2006, now he's dead to me. Time be like that.
bigjag19
AG
Let's say we are up 3-1. Do we really go back to JV on short (as far as this season) or gamble with the plethora of other starters and make them beat JV and Framber at home?
Ag_07
AG
bigjag19 said:

Let's say we are up 3-1. Do we really go back to JV on short (as far as this season) or gamble with the plethora of other starters and make them beat JV and Framber at home?

In playoff Dusty we trust
GigEmMortis
AG
bigjag19 said:

If we get up 3-1 I think you throw Javier or Garcia in Game 5. Either of those pitchers are certainly quality enough. And that way you get JV and Framber on full rest if needed for Games 6 and 7
Beat40
bigjag19 said:

It's for the World Series. You go for the kill. Don't over think it. Start JV.
Nino Brown
BCSGrubber said:

Pitching Ninja finally threw the Astros a bone if you are interested

EastCoastAgNc
AG
GigEmMortis said:

bigjag19 said:

If we get up 3-1 I think you throw Javier or Garcia in Game 5. Either of those pitchers are certainly quality enough. And that way you get JV and Framber on full rest if needed for Games 6 and 7

I know framber has worked a lot on his mentality, but I don't want to test it in game 7. That has potential for disaster
n_touch
Beau Holder said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Cry about it
Well I mean...he is
Deluxe
AG
Beat40 said:

bigjag19 said:

Yea, that's not even a question. If you're up 3-1, you force them to beat JV, Framber and LMJ/Javier in a row if they want to win the series.
spadilly
S

Postseason off days…

Farmer1906
AG
Deluxe said:

Beat40 said:

bigjag19 said:

Yea, that's not even a question. If you're up 3-1, you force them to beat JV, Framber and LMJ/Javier in a row if they want to win the series.
Here is how it plays out.

Starter for game 1 starts game 5
Starter for game 2 starts game 6
Starter for game 3 starts game 7
Starter for game 4 only starts game 4, but can come out of the pen in game 7.

Those 4 should be a combination of Verlander, McCullers, Valdez, & Javier. Arguments can be made for any of the 4 getting any of the games.

Brown, Garcia, or Urquidy only get a start if there is an injury.
n_touch
spadilly said:

Postseason off days…

is he possessed?
CoachRTM
AG
spadilly said:

Postseason off days…

Kind of looks like he's talking to the angel on one shoulder and the devil on the other.
JDUB08AG
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

This guy is more responsible for your candy ass dodgers losing. Where's your cry baby tweet there?
Ag_07
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

[insert Hoes Mad gif]
astros4545
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Deluxe said:

Beat40 said:

bigjag19 said:

Here is how it plays out.

Starter for game 1 starts game 5
Starter for game 2 starts game 6
Starter for game 3 starts game 7
Starter for game 4 only starts game 4, but can come out of the pen in game 7.

Those 4 should be a combination of Verlander, McCullers, Valdez, & Javier. Arguments can be made for any of the 4 getting any of the games.

Brown, Garcia, or Urquidy only get a start if there is an injury.

Yep
This isn't even short rest

Verlander starts Game 5
First Page Last Page
Page 1865 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.