***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,318,007 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
And Mr. Bury me in the H aka The Eliminator aka Lance McCullers Jr gets GM 7 in the Juice Box.

(If necessary)
Kashchei
AG
Beau Holder said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Cry about it

He was just on Around the Horn and predicted a Stros sweep * shrug *
Marvin
AG
It's getting closer, boys. I'm landing back in Houston at 9am Friday and will be downtown with Mrs. Marvin by noon. Can't wait!
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Mr.Bond
AG
LA times is a **** rag and so is Bill
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

Ag_07
AG
Yankee players crying about their shltty fans

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/yankees-players-upset-over-unusually-brutal-experience-alcs-report
EastCoastAgNc
AG

No better time than the present to fix this
W
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

a couple of comments...

the Astros starting rotation was a shambles going into the 2021 World Series

and the 2019 team was showing cracks when it was pushed to 5 games by the Rays in the ALDS.

in fact the 2019 club only went 10-8 in its 18 postseason games...including several blowout losses
cone
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

maybe next time coach Darvish not to tip his pitches in Game 7
Jet Black
The dodgers have really proven how they were cheated since then. One ws win in a shortened Covid year with no one in the stands.
Charlie Conway
W said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

a couple of comments...

the Astros starting rotation was a shambles going into the 2021 World Series

and the 2019 team was showing cracks when it was pushed to 5 games by the Rays in the ALDS.

in fact the 2019 club only went 10-8 in its 18 postseason games...including several blowout losses
the 19 team was beat up and bruised and worn out, the line up especially

last years team the pitching staff was worn out from the red sox series and having to salvage giving up all those grand slams

this year I like that we are rested and healthy, champagne elbow not withstanding
FrioAg 00
AG
Gotta give some credit to Dusty and all those damn rest days. We still got home field throughout the playoffs and our dudes got lots of rest time.
Ag_07
AG
I think you're thinking about the 18 team that was beat up.

The 19 team was healthy and loaded
Beau Holder
AG
Jet Black said:

The dodgers have really proven how they were cheated since then. One ws win in a shortened Covid year with no one in the stands.
cone
AG
2019 Nats were red hot PLUS they had some elite starters. That was a really good team - Rendon was playing out of his mind.

2021 Astros just mashed their way through Boston, but didn't have the pitching to compete in the WS. They were cooked after Lance got hurt, but we all got a little fooled when Boston laid it down.

These Phils could be the Nats redux, but is Nola/Wheeler operating at the same level as Scherzer/Strasburg. I guess we'll find out.
TarponChaser
EastCoastAgNc said:

Go fck yourself you hypocritical, sanctimonious fck.

Your btch-ass Doyers were cheating their asses off you poof.
Bulldog73
AG
Rendon and Adam Eaton both. Plus that 20 year old kid...I can't remember his name though.
Kashchei
AG
cone said:

2019 Nats were red hot PLUS they had some elite starters. That was a really good team - Rendon was playing out of his mind.

2021 Astros just mashed their way through Boston, but didn't have the pitching to compete in the WS. They were cooked after Lance got hurt, but we all got a little fooled when Boston laid it down.

These Phils could be the Nats redux, but is Nola/Wheeler operating at the same level as Scherzer/Strasburg. I guess we'll find out.

I think we MUST to win this WS to cement our legacy. Everyone thinks the window is still wide open, and maybe it is, but you never know if and when you are going to make it back. As special as 17 was, one WS win and 3 consecutive losses would be a disappointment IMO.

We have everything in our favor this series except intangibles. I don't think we get a better chance for a second ring. A loss would be devastating, at least for me...
jkag89
Game 5 of the 1980 NLCS is on the MLB Network right now if you need some baseball. Hopefully I won't cry this time.
tjack16
AG
Yep. Winning another title with the core guys is a must. 2 titles in 6 years, along with all the ALCS and pennants makes us a Dynasty

Plus another title for Altuve strengthens his HOF case because they baseball writers can't only point to 2017
Ag_07
AG
Chills

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CkMSXrGA8ym/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Ag_07 said:

Chills

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CkMSXrGA8ym/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y
spadilly
S
Ag_07 said:

Chills

So freaking good. About to run through a brick wall.
Marvin
AG
Charlie Conway said:

champagne elbow not withstanding

I am 100% stealing this excuse.

Yeah, Astros won the WS last night so I won't be in the office today. Champagne elbow.

Baby, Aggies won a football game last night so I won't be making it to church. Champagne elbow.

Charlie Conway
Ag_07 said:

I think you're thinking about the 18 team that was beat up.

The 19 team was healthy and loaded
yes
agdaddy04
AG
jkag89 said:

Game 5 of the 1980 NLCS is on the MLB Network right now if you need some baseball. Hopefully I won't cry this time.

Watching it right now. Going to be good to fuel some hate against Philly.
Marvin
AG
First game of the '21 WS was a year ago today, right?

Last season's thread was on page 1808 of 2102 total, and most of the ones after that were me complaining about how much I hated the Braves...
SJEAg
AG
Anyone else listen to Bill Burr's podcast? I love the guy and usually agree with him, but man he is trashing the Astros non-stop. We got just as much **** as the Patriots, if not more, I don't understand his viewpoint there.
amercer
AG
Kashchei said:

cone said:

I think we MUST to win this WS to cement our legacy. Everyone thinks the window is still wide open, and maybe it is, but you never know if and when you are going to make it back. As special as 17 was, one WS win and 3 consecutive losses would be a disappointment IMO.

We have everything in our favor this series except intangibles. I don't think we get a better chance for a second ring. A loss would be devastating, at least for me...

I mean you aren't wrong, but on intangibles

We don't have a kid playing shortstop in the bigs for his first season? (Maybe the announcers can tell me how old he is)

We don't have the greatest pitcher of his generation, back after two years of injury, who's done everything except win a World Series game?

Guy who spent his whole career as the best player on a bad team, and survived cancer, as the DH?

Old time baseball man, last of his generation, loved by the whole sport, who's done everything there is to do except win it all as our manager?
AggiEE
Ag_07 said:

Chills

Bury that man in the H
GigEmMortis
AG
Ag_07 said:

Chills

"They asked for us.

They got us.

They got swept."

Love it
EastCoastAgNc
AG

EastCoastAgNc
AG
RC_57
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Help me out here guys. Who is "Jin" Crane?
jkag89
agdaddy04 said:

jkag89 said:

Watching it right now. Going to be good to fuel some hate against Philly.
No wonder I cried at the end of this one as a kid. Through 5 there was already a half a dozen what ifs including two Astros base runners thrown out at the plate.
Mathguy64
AG
jkag89 said:

I'm not watching that again. I lived it. It hurts.
First Page Last Page
Page 1866 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.