****2020 Official Houston Astros We Don't Have To Cheat To Beat You Season Thread****

1,631,118 Views | 30284 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Beat40
Bobby Jimbo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BayAg_14 said:

Frok said:

I'm way less nervous than I was the last few years. I. Wasn't expecting this at all so it's just fun.

I wish I had this power. I'm going to be a nervous wreck tonight.

Same. Without the controversy this past offseason, I would be a little more relaxed. But now, it's all about sticking it to the haters.
Proudag06
AG
Best thing about the pitching match-up is that McCullers is pitching to the Rays and Morton has to pitch to the Stros.

Calling my shot. Ags win by 2 TDs, Stros win by 1 (with the help of Jetch consistently posting 2 tds to this thread).

#fortheH #can'tletthechampsoffthemat #freebearkat
k20dub
AG
Mathguy64
AG
I heard about this play yesterday. That dude would get thrown at the rest of the game and the next one for that.
agproducer
AG
I'm not nervous about tonight. I'm excited about the opportunity. This team has far exceeded my expectations and has really shown me something. I thought with all the injuries and the loss of Cole, we are a quick playoff exit. They are lucky to be here.

But it's obvious these guys not done. They don't want this ride to end. There is something special in that clubhouse, and the core members are playing this for each other.

I think we will see this team firing on all cylinders tonight. They've handled a season long of adversity and pressure head on. Also, LMJ is on the mound tonight. He loves these situations. He loves the hate. He's going to be throwing "bangers." See Game 7 of the ALCS and Game 7 of the WS.

The Rays have not faced real adversity. Yesterday was the first game they didn't get all the plate, all the breaks. We need to get to their bullpen fast and make them have adversity. I think if the Rays don't have the breaks go their way, they will fold tonight like a paper bag.

Win or lose, I'm proud of this team for their ability to fight and never give up. We want more games with George, Uncle Mike and Josh.

Let's not let this ride end.

LFG!!!!
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
Big Al 1992
AG
I see the Rays melting down - did you see Snell's post game interview? He was pissed. Then reported Castillo felt rushed going in - making excuses. Throw in Diaz temper tantrums and they look like a leaderless team.
Compare that to Club Astro. So many leaders. I feel good about tonight.
Teddy Perkins
AG
A look at the bullpens' usage up to today.

Run down of what's left in the tank.
tjack16
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

I see the Rays melting down - did you see Snell's post game interview? He was pissed. Then reported Castillo felt rushed going in - making excuses. Throw in Diaz temper tantrums and they look like a leaderless team.
Compare that to Club Astro. So many leaders. I feel good about tonight.

Let's not forget Snell was the one back in May/June saying the money wasn't enough to "risk his life" this season

He's all about "me gettin mine"
Teddy Perkins
AG
screw-tu
McClain's fat ass has been bad at football analysis for years. He should completely STFU about baseball
BMX Bandit
Is it any worse than the bleeding from several posters here at that time? (Or even during the last week?))
agdaddy04
AG
I'm not much of a Twitter guy but there are some great related tweets there.

Also, I had looked away on the pitch to Diaz so I just assumed he hit him for the reaction we saw. What in the world was he so upset about?
tjack16
AG
Some great MLB memes from this week

BayAg_14
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
October 17, 2020,

Dear Astro Fans - October 31, 2019

Not much reason to celebrate this Halloween, huh guys? We lost the World Series at home last night to the Nationals, as I'm sure you already know. I'm sure you weren't so crazy about seeing Geritt Cole wearing the non-Astro hat either.

That wasn't just a coincidence, either. He was granted free agency effective immediately. And your worst fears are going to be realized on December 18 when he signs a deal with the Yankees for 75 years and $11 billion. Well, not really, but close enough that he'll be there forever.

That's actually not all. Will Harris is going to sign with the Nationals on January 3. Yep, he's a traitor, too.
We try to turn the page on that bitter ending, but things get a lot worse in 2020.

On January 13, the commissioner of baseball releases a report on the investigation into the cheating accusations leveled against us during the 2017 regular season ... it's messy, and it turns almost everyone against us, including a lot of our own.

Do you remember that dirty ****ing rat Mike Fiers? He's the one who squeals. Our players get diplomatic immunity, like the guy who kept on yapping about it during Lethal Weapon 2 (until Danny Glover kills him, spoiler alert). But that means someone's left holding the bag. And that same day, the bottom drops out of our Camelot when Jim Crane fires A.J. Hinch and Jeff Luhnow. Yep, that happened.

Sixteen days later, Dusty Baker is named our new manager. Turns out he's not dead, just 71. Four days after that, James Click is the new general manager.

We go to spring training and the words on every reporter's lips are CHEATING and TRASH CANS and TAINTED. It gets old really quick.

People spend actual money buying hats and T-shirts calling us the Houston Asterisks. I was wearing my 2017 championship hat at Disney World in early March when a kid, maybe 17 or 18 told me the Astros sucked. Since I was in line to get my family some food at the Snow White Haus and none of them were in earshot, I told that kid to go **** himself. For the H!

Of course, by mid-March something else took the focus from everything else in the world. The entire season was postponed until August and reduced to 60 games. The playoffs were expanded and no fans were allowed in the stands. We sat in our houses for 4 months watching Korean baseball and pickleball and whatever other BS ESPN could dig up.

When the season started, Justin Verlander got hurt on opening day and didn't pitch for the rest of the season. He's going to miss all of 2021 too. He might never pitch for us again. Our hitting coach Alex Cintron got suspended for 20 games for getting into an altercation with some ****** bag for the A's. Also, the A's boatraced us for the AL West title this year. Yeah, we finished second.

Yordan Alvarez started the year on the DL, came back on August 14 and hit a home run in his first at bat, got hurt again, and missed the rest of the year.

Alex Bregman got hurt in August. He was on the DL a while. So was Altuve. So was Brantley. So was McCullers. Brad Peacock was hurt, then pitched 3 innings, then got hurt again. Altuve had his worst year as a professional and all the haters mocked him for it, claiming he couldn't hit without cheating.

We finished with a losing record, two games under .500. It was a terribly frustrating regular season full of blown leads, terrible bullpen outings, and a lack of clutch hitting.

Oh, and one more thing, guys. Today we're one win away from going back to the World Series.

Farmer1906
AG
I want to use McCullers, Urquidy, and Pressly. Those 3 to take is all the way.
Mathguy64
AG
The Rays are not hitting spin at all. It needs to be a steady diet of curves, sliders and changeup.
Farmer1906
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

October 17, 2020,

Not much reason to celebrate this Halloween, huh guys? We lost the World Series at home last night to the Nationals, as I'm sure you already know. I'm sure you weren't so crazy about seeing Geritt Cole wearing the non-Astro hat either.

That wasn't just a coincidence, either. He was granted free agency effective immediately. And your worst fears are going to be realized on December 18 when he signs a deal with the Yankees for 75 years and $11 billion. Well, not really, but close enough that he'll be there forever.

That's actually not all. Will Harris is going to sign with the Nationals on January 3. Yep, he's a traitor, too.
We try to turn the page on that bitter ending, but things get a lot worse in 2020.

On January 13, the commissioner of baseball releases a report on the investigation into the cheating accusations leveled against us during the 2017 regular season ... it's messy, and it turns almost everyone against us, including a lot of our own.

Do you remember that dirty ****ing rat Mike Fiers? He's the one who squeals. Our players get diplomatic immunity, like the guy who kept on yapping about it during Lethal Weapon 2 (until Danny Glover kills him, spoiler alert). But that means someone's left holding the bag. And that same day, the bottom drops out of our Camelot when Jim Crane fires A.J. Hinch and Jeff Luhnow. Yep, that happened.

Sixteen days later, Dusty Baker is named our new manager. Turns out he's not dead, just 71. Four days after that, James Click is the new general manager.

We go to spring training and the words on every reporter's lips are CHEATING and TRASH CANS and TAINTED. It gets old really quick.

People spend actual money buying hats and T-shirts calling us the Houston Asterisks. I was wearing my 2017 championship hat at Disney World in early March when a kid, maybe 17 or 18 told me the Astros sucked. Since I was in line to get my family some food at the Snow White Haus and none of them were in earshot, I told that kid to go **** himself. For the H!

Of course, by mid-March something else took the focus from everything else in the world. The entire season was postponed until August and reduced to 60 games. The playoffs were expanded and no fans were allowed in the stands. We sat in our houses for 4 months watching Korean baseball and pickleball and whatever other BS ESPN could dig up.

When the season started, Justin Verlander got hurt on opening day and didn't pitch for the rest of the season. He's going to miss all of 2021 too. He might never pitch for us again. Our hitting coach Alex Cintron got suspended for 20 games for getting into an altercation with some ****** bag for the A's. Also, the A's boatraced us for the AL West title this year. Yeah, we finished second.

Yordan Alvarez started the year on the DL, came back on August 14 and hit a home run in his first at bat, got hurt again, and missed the rest of the year.

Alex Bregman got hurt in August. He was on the DL a while. So was Altuve. So was Brantley. So was McCullers. Brad Peacock was hurt, then pitched 3 innings, then got hurt again. Altuve had his worst year as a professional and all the haters mocked him for it, claiming he couldn't hit without cheating.

We finished with a losing record, two games under .500. It was a terribly frustrating regular season full of blown leads, terrible bullpen outings, and a lack of clutch hitting.

Oh, and one more thing, guys. Today we're one win away from going back to the World Series.

tjack16
AG
If we get 2017 postseason LMJ tonight, it's over
Farmer1906
AG
tjack16 said:

If we get 2020 ALCS Lance it's over.

Buck Compton
AG
Mathguy64 said:

The Rays are not hitting spin at all. It needs to be a steady diet of curves, sliders and changeup.
As long as McCullers can locate the hammer he'll be fine. It's when he doesn't have the touch that he typically gets in trouble having to go fastball from behind on the count. Or he keeps going curve and walks people. When the curve is on, he can throw it on any count, which makes him almost unhittable. But he's one of the two extremes, rarely in between.
BCSGrubber
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

October 17, 2020,

Well written Muck. I was hoping you do something like this.
Beat40
Farmer1906 said:

tjack16 said:

We saw the frustration with Framber from them. If LMJ is locating the banger early and often, we'll see the frustration settle in.

I want to see another Zunnino broken bat!
DVC2010
AG
I actually put this in my project report at work yesterday because my boss was ragging one McCullers: Lance has pitched in three decisive postseason games. Those were 2017 ALCS Game 7, 2017 WS Game 7, and 2018 ALDS Game 3. Y'all know how those went.
Hi, Im Brett
AG
3 batter rule really changes things. Hopefully it bites the Rays.

Lots of pressure in a game 7. The way this has gone, 1 guy without his stuff can cost an inning / game / series even without giving up the big shot to one batter.
Prosperdick
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

McClain is still alive? Talk about die hard.
tjack16
AG
Farmer1906 said:

tjack16 said:

If we get 2020 postseason Astros out to prove the haters wrong it's over
07ag
AG
Frok said:

I'm way less nervous than I was the last few years. I. Wasn't expecting this at all so it's just fun.
same here, especially after we went down 3-0. playing with house money now,, it'll still hurt if we lose, but can't say the astros underperformed this season
07ag
AG
k20dub said:

that's dirty
wangus12
AG
Its almost like you write for a living
Johnsy3
AG
We definitely have the advantage going in, but we need to turn that momentum into early runs. If TB gets a few runs early it'll swing back to them

Hopefully LMJ's curveball is on cuz they can't sniff anything with spin right now
aggiesed8r
AG
After reading every news story on the Astros, the writers always start off or mention how all of baseball hates them for cheating.
Does Texgas really think that most baseball fans really hate the Astros? I don't see it. I think most people just view it as just another scandal (save dodgers and Yankees).

tjack16
AG
aggiesed8r said:

After reading every news story on the Astros, the writers always start off or mention how all of baseball hates them for cheating.
Does Texgas really think that most baseball fans really hate the Astros? I don't see it. I think most people just view it as just another scandal (save dodgers and Yankees).

on twitter pretty much everybody outside of Houston HATES the astros. it's rough on social media
n_touch
tjack16 said:

aggiesed8r said:

on twitter pretty much everybody outside of Houston HATES the astros. it's rough on social media
To be fair there are only like 6 real people there, the rest are bots
First Page Last Page
Page 835 of 866

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.