****2020 Official Houston Astros We Don't Have To Cheat To Beat You Season Thread****

1,630,693 Views | 30284 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Beat40
scrimp
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Did we ever find out why Diaz was so pissy after the walk?
badharambe
AG
What a game!

Win or lose, I may be getting my first ban tomorrow
Beat40
scrimp said:

We think he was just trying to get into Framber's head.

Carlos took care of that crap quick. That was a huge leadership moment for Carlos. Talking to Diaz and then picking up Framber.
tjack16
AG
Wtf was this strike zone on Altuve
Big Al 1992
AG
It's October 17 and the Astros are still playing baseball. Tonight's the night! Let's go!!!!!!
Kashchei
AG
****in hate the Dodgers
Big Al 1992
AG
And this is crazy.

Ag12thman
AG
There have been times the past few years in which I could not decide if this was Altuve's team or if it was Springer's team. But now? This is zero doubt in my mind that this is CORREA's team. Dude has been nails all season and post-season for us. What a leader he has been.
Poot
spadilly said:

So he's calling walk-offs, calling DPs... awesome stuff Carlos.
Agmaniacmike12
Do we attempt to get another fresh arm in for Josh James added to the roster for tomorrow?

I would hate to leave him off of the potential World Series roster /s

If so, who do you think they would add? Cionel Perez?

wangus12
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

And this is crazy.

Not gonna lie, I miss Charlie.
irish pete ag06
AG
Beat40 said:

scrimp said:

Carlos took care of that crap quick. That was a huge leadership moment for Carlos. Talking to Diaz and then picking up Framber.
I don't get to post much anymore, and when I do it's usually sabermetric based...

but this is pure gut/feeling based. Sign Correa forever. That guy is a damn leader and competitor and I'd go to war with that dude. He needs to retire an Astro.
iamtheglove
irish pete ag06 said:

Beat40 said:

scrimp said:

I don't get to post much anymore, and when I do it's usually sabermetric based...

but this is pure gut/feeling based. Sign Correa forever. That guy is a damn leader and competitor and I'd go to war with that dude. He needs to retire an Astro.
Agreed on signing Correa for as long as possible. Here's why I believe our window is wide open until at least 2024 and probably 2025.

Under contract thru 2024: Altuve, Bregman
Under either team control or arbitration through 2025: Tucker, Yordon, Straw, Framber, Urquidy
Under either team control or arbitration beyond 2025: Javier, Paredes, Taylor, Scrubb, Luis Garcia

If you believe Framber is a true #1, and trust that Urquidy, Javier and Garcia are quality 2-4 starters
And if you also believe Paredes is a high leverage back of the pen arm and possibly closer, with Taylor and Scrubb as key bullpen arms, I would say we have a really solid core thru 2025.

Sign Correa to a long term deal (8 years would take him through his age 33 season) and we are stout. The pitching makes a long term deal with Correa a real option financially because none of the arms will hit free agency for another 5 years.

Do the above and you offensive core through 2024 is:
Altuve
Bregman
Correa
Yordan
Tucker

Your SP core:
Framber
Urquidy
Javier
Garcia

Your pen core:
Paredes
Taylor
Scrubb
baseballaficionado
I am trying to avoid posting on here until after the series, for superstitious reasons. Anyway, Correa is a damn beast, but a hurt dude as well. You all love him now, but will hate a big contract and when he's out for 75% of the season. Sign him, but the priority has to be Springer.

We're winning later today and then I am going to have to post on this dam thread moving forward.
BMX Bandit
baseballaficionado said:

I am trying to avoid posting on here until after the series, for superstitious reasons. Anyway, Correa is a damn beast, but a hurt dude as well. You all love him now, but will hate a big contract and when he's out for 75% of the season. Sign him, but the priority has to be Springer.

We're winning later today and then I am going to have to post on this dam thread moving forward.

If we lose, we know why. Thanks for nothing.
Ajollyag
Ag_07 said:

All an act. He was trying to rial his guys up.

Regardless he made himself look like an ass. Take your base, STFU, and move on.

Correa nutted up once again and stood up for his guy. Don't back down, don't let him own you, get this out.

Seriously...Just give Carlos a lifetime contract. He's earned it at this point.

I had been mostly disappointed with correa ever since he got here. He's been sometimes up, bust mostly down or injured it seemed like the entire time he has been playing for us. I feel like correa is starting to become who everyone expected him to be when he got called up to the majors.

Last night and tonight I think finally proved that he has what it takes to be legendary. Maybe correa is finally turning the corner.
3B Paul 97
AG
agproducer said:

Cromagnum said:

I missed it, but we had another Diaz face after he mouthed off and then got caught in the DP

And he went out of his way to try to take out Correa with the slide.

Looks like the ump is even telling Daz to suck it.
Buck Compton
AG
Only thing that scares me tonight is facing chuck. McCullers has to be be 100% locked in cause Morton is fantastic in these situations. Going to be a struggle
BMX Bandit
Buck Compton said:

Only thing that scares me tonight is facing chuck. McCullers has to be be 100% locked in cause Morton is fantastic in these situations. Going to be a struggle

How is McCuellers in these situations?
old ag 2003
AG
Buck Compton said:

Remember Charlie will only go about 5, so he can't win the game on his own for them. The question is, which LM shows up?
CFTXAG10
AG

Ag_07
AG
I still think Cash fkd up big time by pulling Snell for Castillo. He wasted his best BP arm in the 5th. As soon as we touched him up we had the advantage.

His first misstep and it may have cost them the series.
spadilly
S
Good morning friends! It's a great day to win a game seven.

Big Al 1992
AG
Rays going back to hotel 3-0 : One win away from the World Series - pack your bags for Arlington!
Rays going back to hotel 3-1 : We're still one win away from the World Series - we knew we wouldn't sweep - see you in Arlington!
Rays going back to hotel 3-2 : We're still one win away from the World Series - let's quit F'ing around and get rid of these guys and get out of here.
Rays going back to hotel 3-3: The Astros are one win away from the World Series.
tjack16
AG
I think today is the most nervous I've been for an Astros game. I want this pennant so bad after all the offseason crap

In 2017 I was just happy we were making our first deep playoff run since 2005.

2018 I was just glad we weren't having a WS hangover and we all figured the Red Sox were going to take it all before the playoffs started

2019 I was just too confident and thought there was no way Nationals would beat us

jetch17
AG
LFG!

spadilly
S
tjack16 said:

I think today is the most nervous I've been for an Astros game. I want this pennant so bad after all the offseason crap

In 2017 I was just happy we were making our first deep playoff run since 2005.

2018 I was just glad we weren't having a WS hangover and we all figured the Red Sox were going to take it all before the playoffs started

2019 I was just too confident and thought there was no way Nationals would beat us

I'm the complete opposite. I was stressed and nervous the last thee days. Today feels like it's ours to lose with the way our boys have been playing. Loose, having fun again, and (most importantly) we are starting to catch some breaks and have balls starting to get through the infield.

Feels like playing with house money after the regular season we had.

And, frankly, after sitting through the WS game 7 loss at MMP last year, nothing will hurt that bad again.
Mathguy64
AG
I'm not stressed. Either way today this team showed me something they didn't have all season If they lose they can go out heads held high for what they did these last 3 games. It's all house money right now.
Frok
AG
I'm way less nervous than I was the last few years. I. Wasn't expecting this at all so it's just fun.
aggiederelict
Just enjoy the ride.
tjack16
AG
Frok said:

I'm way less nervous than I was the last few years. I. Wasn't expecting this at all so it's just fun.

I wasnt expecting it either ... but now that we are here I want it so bad. I'm confident in our team, just very nervous. I will say this, I'd be 100% more nervous if I was on the Rays side. I feel like they are going to play tight tonight. Hopefully that ends up being enough of a difference maker early
BayAg_14
Frok said:

I wish I had this power. I'm going to be a nervous wreck tonight.
AustinCountyAg
Without a doubt rays have to be tight coming into game. Knowing you were up three games fixing to piss it away has to be a nervous feeling.

Astros must get up early and suck the little hope they have out
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
If we can finish this off will this team become more popular than the 95 rockets?
Mathguy64
AG
Imagine the hilarity if we win tonight and get to play for a WS on Arlington's field. That would be delicious.
First Page Last Page
Page 834 of 866

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.