****2020 Official Houston Astros We Don't Have To Cheat To Beat You Season Thread****

1,631,015 Views | 30284 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Beat40
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone know what radio station the game is on in College Station?

Damn in laws with no TBS and dial up internet. Thinking radio may be the best option.
tjack16
AG

Gonna watch this again before the A&M game. The trailer alone gets me fired up
astroaggie22
Get a free trial on YouTube tv or Hulu Live and stream it on your phone
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
tjack16 said:

Alright shoot me a link to the real deal
Mr.Bond
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

tjack16 said:

Alright shoot me a link to the real deal

It's an espn 30 for 30. Came out a few years ago
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Buck Compton
AG
I've watched it each night after going down 3-0.

I bought it several years ago on Amazon Prime Video. I think you can still rent or buy and 100% worth it.
tjack16
AG

$2 to get it on YouTube, or find it in the 30 for 30s on ESPN
Nino Brown
I've watched it several times. As Kevin Millar said, "Better put us to bed tonight."

In regards to ****ter and other baseball fans...I'm so confused by all of these statements. Where did any Astro or Astro fan state that they were seeking the love and affection from others?

It is a waste of time to argue with an idiot, but there is an obvious reason why none of the players were punished. No one wants to admit what the players knew about the other teams and the MLB had to sweep that **** under the rug.
scrimp
AG
I live outside of Texas, in an area that has a large amount of southern Cali transplants, and in turn Dodger fans. I wear Astros gear in public often, and rarely get any flak. I think I've had a "Astros fan, huh?" with an eye roll a time or two in random public, but nothing more. Of course, I don't talk baseball with Dodger fans in general around here, because they hated the Astros before any of the scandal broke, so I'm sure the die-hards are even more pissed. Even before 2017 I tried not to talk to Dodger fans--I lump them in with Longhorn, Yankee and Raider fans--more than likely, they ain't going to say anything positive, intelligent, or interesting.

But in the general population, it seems to be like this--most people don't give a damn about baseball. It's sad--it's definitely behind football (pro and college), and basketball, and maybe even with hockey, soccer, and golf. Of those that care about baseball, if they aren't Dodger fans, they seem to have this opinion--they cheated, they got caught, they got punished. Most people seem to agree they weren't the only ones, but the only ones to still have the smoking gun in their hands.

The internet is a echo chamber-you only see the posts/tweets of people with a strong opinion or an axe to grind. Tweets with moderate opinions like "Many were cheating, but the Astros got caught" or "Eh, big deal" don't get re-tweeted/liked/upvoted as much as a "Jose Altuve can't hit if he doesn't know what's coming!!!!" or "Must have the trashcans in Dodger Stadium, too! Houston Asterisks!" tweets.

Of course the game announcers are going to talk about it--they have 5 frickin' hours to fill up. How many times last year were we reminded that Soto was only 20? At least 5 times a game. The information wasn't new, or really that interesting, but damn if they didn't talk about it until my ears bled.
EagleAg19
Better than a hype video
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Guys guys. Breaking news
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Jomboy

Selling

Astros

Shirts

EagleAg19
07ag
AG
aggiesed8r said:

After reading every news story on the Astros, the writers always start off or mention how all of baseball hates them for cheating.
Does Texgas really think that most baseball fans really hate the Astros? I don't see it. I think most people just view it as just another scandal (save dodgers and Yankees).

reddit.com/r/baseball every non astro fan hates the astros AND any fan of the astros. if you're not familiar reddit has a voting system for comments, and while things are a bit better now, for the first 6 months after the commissioner's report, any comment by an astros fan would get downvoted to hell, no matter what they said. it's quite toxic how they were blaming fans for what the players did. completely ignoring how most teams were cheating, even ignoring that the redsox were also punished for cheating
iamtheglove
EagleAg19 said:

LOL at that discount code! Brilliant!
CT75
AG
Scenario.....Astros up by 3 in 9th. Rays have bases loaded with two outs and Arozarena comes to the plate.

Do you put him on base and walk in a run? Or risk him driving in many more?
Ag_07
AG
I have Hulu but we're out in the middle of nowhere and their internet is awful. No way I can stream for 4 hrs. And phone reception is spotty.
bullard21k
AG
CT75 said:

Scenario.....Astros up by 3 in 9th. Rays have bases loaded with two outs and Arozarena comes to the plate.

Depends on whose on the mound and whose on deck.

I'd pitch to him and tell my reliever every single pitch is offspeed and down in the zone. If he swings great if not live to fight another AB.

I don't risk giving up the tying run with a single by just walking him. You've also now put the winning run on first so a double could end it
AggiEE
CT75 said:

Don't give him any pitch to hit. Try and pain the corners as much as possible and throw some nasty pitches inbetween.

If he walks, he walks. More than likely he'll swing and strike out
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
Watching the 30 for 30 now and holy **** Let's ****ing go!!!!! So jacked up now
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
How I'm feeling right now.

Teddy Perkins
AG
Tyrone_The_Tuna said:

Watching the 30 for 30 now and holy **** Let's ****ing go!!!!! So jacked up now
Same. Free on DirecTV on demand.
Big Al 1992
AG
Buck Compton said:

I've watched it each night after going down 3-0.

I bought it several years ago on Amazon Prime Video. I think you can still rent or buy and 100% worth it.

It's free on Direct TV On Demand. My high school buddy was a bench player on that Red Sox team. Theo Epstein gave him a backhanded compliment after - "Even David McCarty (had no ABs during the series) will never have to buy a meal or drink in Boston for the rest of his life!" And it's been true. He's got great stories for having the best seat in the house during that run. He's still close with Millar.
htxag09
AG
07ag said:

aggiesed8r said:

After reading every news story on the Astros, the writers always start off or mention how all of baseball hates them for cheating.
Does Texgas really think that most baseball fans really hate the Astros? I don't see it. I think most people just view it as just another scandal (save dodgers and Yankees).

reddit.com/r/baseball every non astro fan hates the astros AND any fan of the astros. if you're not familiar reddit has a voting system for comments, and while things are a bit better now, for the first 6 months after the commissioner's report, any comment by an astros fan would get downvoted to hell, no matter what they said. it's quite toxic how they were blaming fans for what the players did. completely ignoring how most teams were cheating, even ignoring that the redsox were also punished for cheating

Texags isn't much different. Anytime a thread pops up on the premium board it's nuts. Astros scum, anyone that defends them gets berated, even if you don't defend them but stick with them and still root for them you're scum.
tjack16
AG
There is a threat on premium asking would you rather the Astros win today or the Aggies. Obviously I want both to win and I think both will win. But I said Astros because there is a championship on the line. Apparently that makes me a bad Aggie according to some

I will be pissed if either teams lose today
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
tjack16 said:

There is a threat on premium asking would you rather the Astros win today or the Aggies. Obviously I want both to win and I think both will win. But I said Astros because there is a championship on the line. Apparently that makes me a bad Aggie according to some

I'd be okay with A&M losing out if that meant an Astros win today
htxag09
AG
And fwiw, a eally close aunt and uncle live in Tampa. Close in the sense we visit each other at least twice a year. My aunt is from houston so still an Astros fan, so my uncle may have a little more leniency towards us. But he jokes about it more than hating the stros. When they clinched against the Yankees he just texted me "better get those trash cans ready!"
wangus12
AG
Well my A teams are 0-1 today. Need Ags and Astros victories to make it a winning Sat.
redag06
My parents first home was across the street from the closer, Foulke. Even he has to buy drinks and meals in Boston.
tjack16
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

tjack16 said:

I'd be okay with A&M losing out if that meant an Astros win today

Yep. This college football season is less legitimate than the MLB season IMO. I want A&M to win at least 7 or 8 games but if we don't it's not the end of the world in 2020. not all the schools are playing, and the national champion will definitely have an asterisk. This mlb season, every team had the same shot at everybody else did. No asterisk on this WS title
dshedd41
S

Gig’em Aggies!
JABQ04
AG
Less than 4 hours. Let's ****ing go.
Teddy Perkins
AG
Braves down 3-0 after 1.
JABQ04
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

Braves down 3-0 after 1.

I'd love that series to go 7
MosesHallRAB04
AG
JABQ04 said:

Teddy Perkins said:

Braves down 3-0 after 1.

I'd love that series to go 7

I'd rather the Braves win than it go 7 honestly
First Page Last Page
Page 836 of 866

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.