****2020 Official Houston Astros We Don't Have To Cheat To Beat You Season Thread****

1,629,783 Views | 30284 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Beat40
Deluxe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
In each podcast, Reiter consistently refers to a broader theme of pushing the limits to get ahead at all costs. He implicitly draws a connection between what Enron did in the late 90s to what the Astros did under Luhnow. But obviously their explicit connection goes only as far as the naming of the stadium and Reiter knows that. It's pretty weak.
Post removed:
by user
Nino Brown
ZG ain't hurt. Ball is just carrying out way too easy in Dodger stadium right now.
Buck Compton
AG
Deluxe said:

In each podcast, Reiter consistently refers to a broader theme of pushing the limits to get ahead at all costs. He implicitly draws a connection between what Enron did in the late 90s to what the Astros did under Luhnow. But obviously their explicit connection goes only as far as the naming of the stadium and Reiter knows that. It's pretty weak.
That's pretty weak. I guess that passes for journalism these days.

This jack-wagon probably doesn't even know what Enron actually did. That was straight up fraud. Criminal, felony fraud and manipulation that no one else was doing that (at least temporarily) destroyed tens of thousands of lives.
Nino Brown
third coast.. said:

ah yes, the sign stealing scandal that ruined thousands of people financially, including the entire retirement accounts of some. i forgot about that part of it. no wonder the media tries to **** on the astros every chance they get.

When are you guys going to figure out the media in sports is just like CNN and FoxNews. They're job isn't to provide you with actual quality information, it's to make money which means ratings. Who is gonna watch anything negative on the Astros? The NY, LA and BOS markets of course.
Farmer1906
AG
Buck Compton said:

agproducer said:

Deluxe said:

Deluxe said:

The first 2/6 Ben Reiter podcasts were released this morning. I just listened to the first one. No need to waste your time. Just rehashes stuff we already know.

-Leads off with an interview w Mike Bolsinger and goes in depth into the infamous inning where the Astros knocked him around
-Introduces interviews with Julia Morales/Jeff Luhnow, goes in depth into the 2011-2014 rebuild
-Recaps the 2017 title run
-Gives himself a ton of credit for his Sports Illustrated cover
-Episode then ends with Bolsinger's sob story

If he actually has some new information, hopefully he gets to it soon. I'll post an episode two recap later today.
Second one is mostly a waste too.

-Starts off with former 3B coach Dave Trembley complaining about Luhnow bringing a "Wall Street" like culture to the Astros, treating players like numbers instead of "caring" about them... blah blah blah
-Recap of how Astros came to Houston originally, Astrodome and, of course, connects Astros to Enron
-Discuses Crane buying team, hiring Luhnow and changes Luhnow introduced (shift, player development, technology/data)
-2014 Cardinals hacking recap

The only nugget of info that I found even remotely interesting is some background into the hiring of Tom Koch-Weser before the 2014 season from the Mariners. Supposedly he told Trembley when he got to Houston that the Mariners had all the Astros signs in 2013. And sounds like the Astros didn't know using cameras to steal signs was a thing at the time.
Apparently, Luhnow is supposed to be interviewed in one of the episodes and says,"People have the right to be upset about it. I'm upset about it. There is no place for this in baseball."

I don't know when that drops though.

Meantime, there is already talk he and Hinch are being considered for jobs.
One, what the hell does he say any of this has to do with Enron, who has naming rights for our stadium two decades ago for like 3-4 years??

Two, the bolder part is going to poss me off more than the media coverage. Hypocritical pieces of *****
There was an article about the Sox needing to rehire Corra.
Nino Brown
Nino Brown said:

third coast.. said:

ah yes, the sign stealing scandal that ruined thousands of people financially, including the entire retirement accounts of some. i forgot about that part of it. no wonder the media tries to **** on the astros every chance they get.

When are you guys going to figure out the media in sports is just like CNN and FoxNews. They're job isn't to provide you with actual quality information, it's to make money which means ratings. Who is gonna watch anything negative on the Astros? The NY, LA and BOS markets of course. It's kind of like Family Court in Texas. They make money off of controversy and fighting.
Farmer1906
AG
Nino Brown said:

ZG ain't hurt. Ball is just carrying out way too easy in Dodger stadium right now.
With all the talk about extra meetings and throwing last night, I doubt this is the case.
Nino Brown
Farmer1906 said:

Nino Brown said:

With all the talk about extra meetings and throwing last night, I doubt this is the case.
He's 36, my ****ing arm would be sore too.
Post removed:
by user
Nino Brown
third coast.. said:

i get it. i alluded to that earlier. Sports media, and really all media, is absolute garbage. i do not trust anything i read because it is all pure garbage with seemingly everything manipulated to push one agenda or anyoher. it is so hard to find strict factual non biased news. it is a real bummer. but we should not derail this thread any more haha

Yes sir. We are literally divided as a nation by the media for profit, sports is no different.
Marvin
AG
Please please please, let's not bring all that into this glorious thread. What we need are more Carlos and more Kate!
astros4545
AG
This is a great twitter follow

Marvin
AG
My biggest source of confidence today? Astros are up 2-0 and we have a well rested jetch just waiting to post his magic.
jetch17
jetch17
AG
Only when called upon - been tame last 2 days and has worked
Post removed:
by user
Marvin
AG
astros4545 said:

This is a great twitter follow

Buckner was so horrible that Hernandez was embarrassed for him. That said, it hurt the Yankees so we'll allow it and cheer for more.
Nino Brown
Marvin said:

Please please please, let's not bring all that into this glorious thread. What we need are more Carlos and more Kate!
My bad.
EagleAg19
EagleAg19 said:

third coast.. said:

i honestly didnt pay attention to any sports this year prior to being relegated to japanese prison. Are ALL post season series played with no days off? All to fit it in to the normal postseason timeframe?

So I just checked the ticket dates on stubhub. LCS is no days off. World Series is 2-3-2 format with 1-day buffers between the breaks.
Ngl this still has me nervous though. We're hanging by a thread with Greinke in the lineup. If he's out, I don't know how we hang.
AggieLit
Deluxe said:

Another connection is that Luhnow and Enron's Jeff Skilling (who is most responsible for their culture) were both products of McKinsey & Co., and both embodied the highly innovative but ethically questionable culture that people have come to associate with McKinsey. Don't forget that Enron's innovations were incredible (invented energy trading among other things) and were copied by much more conservative firms. If they hadn't stepped so far over the line, they still would have been one of the great companies of the era, essentially a tech company in the energy industry. They were smarter than everyone else, just lacked integrity.
Farmer1906
AG
Random tidbit - I played ball Skilling's son.
YNWA_AG
AG
Farmer1906
AG
That means they can't bring in a lefty and face both lefties in the same inning. It also give Correa more coverage.
Deluxe
AG
redline248
AG
Bregman about to see some good pitches
bdgol07
AG
I am calling for a 2-4 day from Altuve and 3 total RBIs from Brantley and Bregman
Harry Dunne
Teddy Perkins
AG
Teddy Perkins
AG
Beat40
Overall good news for Greinke. Let's hope it stays that way.

Funny that Dusty emphasized the "for sure" in regards to Paredes. Yeah, I would think he's not available today.
bearkatag15
AG
Jesus Luzardo 2020 Home/Away splits:

Home vs Away
BA .215 vs .395
OPS .595 vs 1.032
ERA 2.40 vs 8.15
WHIP 1.016 vs 1.868

Beat40
Teddy Perkins said:

Let's just have a 5-7 run lead going into the bottom of the 9th and not worry about it.
Teddy Perkins
AG
Frok
AG
Harry Dunne said:

Angel Hernandez will probably still mess up calls even with the robot feeding it to him
First Page Last Page
Page 627 of 866

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.