****2020 Official Houston Astros We Don't Have To Cheat To Beat You Season Thread****

1,602,533 Views | 30284 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Beat40
Bregxit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

Just heard McT talk about it on the radio. Nothing different than what his tweet says but it sure seems like Dusty is just trying to avoid using Zack in Dodger Stadium.
Mathguy64
AG
So we should have Taylor, Scrubb, Raley, James, Garcia and lord help us Sneed. Extra innings would be devastating.
bearkatag15
AG
Buck Compton
AG
Why the face? If I was in their shoes I would be looking to prove myself, too.
bearkatag15
AG
Buck Compton said:

Why the face? If I was in their shoes I would be looking to prove myself, too.

I like the message and the fuel they are using to motivate them. **** the haters
cap-n-jack
Read the comments. Some people, no a lot of people, are lemmings and unable to think for themselves.
Farmer1906
AG
redline248
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Jesus Luzardo 2020 Home/Away splits:

Home vs Away
BA .215 vs .395
OPS .595 vs 1.032
ERA 2.40 vs 8.15
WHIP 1.016 vs 1.868

That is not good news for the As
BMX Bandit
his last time at Dodger stadium on 9/24 was 3 inning, 3 ER, 3 walks on 54 pitches.
Beat40
I think it's the combination of both, honestly. I think there are some guys who want to avenge themselves, but I believe Lance more because it does look like the boys are just having fun.

I am glad LMJ twitters for the Astros.
BayAg_14
Haters are so damn mad today. I love it! I fully accept the role of the evil empire. Let's finish this today!
Beat40
Come on, George. Lead off HR today and break their hearts.
Farmer1906
AG
Series price is now -850. That means bookies have us winning the series at ~90%.
JABQ04
AG
The As are poosays for not having Fiers fave us once during the season. Fiers is also a little *****.
Prosperdick
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Tackling fuel!
Ag_07
AG
All time postseason HRs

Manny Ramirez 29
Bernie Williams 22
Derek Jeter 20
Albert Pojuls 19
Reggie Jackson/Mickey Mantle 18
David Ortiz/Jim Thome/George Springer/Nelson Cruz 17

It's not outlandish that George move into the top 3 this year.

He's one of the best postseason hitters in the history of the game.

Pay him
Deluxe
AG

We need to just go ahead and pay her a salary to shoot down fools on social media...
EagleAg19
Ag_07 said:

All time postseason HRs

Manny Ramirez 29
Bernie Williams 22
Derek Jeter 20
Albert Pojuls 19
Reggie Jackson/Mickey Mantle 18
David Ortiz/Jim Thome/George Springer/Nelson Cruz 17

It's not outlandish that George move into the top 3 this year.

He's one of the best postseason hitters in the history of the game.

Pay him
Do you actually think we will? His price will be sky high after the postseason
Deluxe
AG
It's crazy to think that if we make a deep run this year, he could be one of the top 3 HR hitters in the playoffs ALL TIME
Ag_07
AG
Do I think they will? No

Do I think they should? Maybe

Do I hope they do? Absolutely
Mr Gigem
AG
Posted this in the other thread, but wanted to post here too since this thread has more traffic.

World Series suite inventory is getting pretty thin. If you Astros fans are feeling lucky, I can put you on the waitlist but cannot guarantee that you would get one

Just PM if you want details
Marvin
AG
How many can a suite hold? I'd be down for 2 in a forum suite if we can even do that, pandemically speaking.
Mr Gigem
AG
Marvin said:

How many can a suite hold? I'd be down for 2 in a forum suite if we can even do that, pandemically speaking.
Most of what is left is going to be in the 6-10 range. I think I have one party suite that holds 24.

But just to give you an idea of where we are at, I believe we are #100 of 125 on the waitlist
3B Paul 97
AG
AccidentProne said:

Marvin said:

Most of what is left is going to be in the 6-10 range. I think I have one party suite that holds 24.

But just to give you an idea of where we are at, I believe we are #100 of 125 on the waitlist

Thanks for reaching out, AP. Cool of you to do this.
iamtheglove
bearkatag15 said:

This is the issue with modern "media". Keep everything nice and generic: "Astros" telling "people behind the scenes"...........

And that allows for something Andy Martino might have heard that sounds similar to this, or something he overheard someone else say, or something someone else kinda sorta tweeted, or hell, something he imagined they might say, to turn into this tweetable nugget.

So Andy, how do I check your "facts"? Who do I call? Who specifically are the people behind the scenes being told this? I'll hang up and listen
The Milkman
AG
If we got the party suite the wife and I would definitely fly into Dallas for it
Deluxe
AG
Exactly. This is clearly a substance-less attempt to stir sh*t up on social media. Total troll job.

If Carlos Correa comes out and says something (like he did after the Minn series), reporting on that is fair game. Criticizing that is fair game.

In his back and forth with Carrabis, he used the Correa quote as basis for his claim. Fine. Just say that in your tweet. Don't be a troll and attribute to "Astros players".

I don't know who this guy is but he seems to have it right...

Harry Dunne
Deluxe said:

It's crazy to think that if we make a deep run this year later this afternoon, he could be one of the top 3 HR hitters in the playoffs ALL TIME
Deluxe
AG
I like what you did there
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I was blessed to write about sports for a living for a few years - prep and college level - and there was always one thing that stood out - teams that know how to win turn it on in the playoffs, even when their personnel changes. I recall watching Austin Westlake's football squad go 7-3 one year - a serious downturn for their usual regular season expectations, then go on and win the state championship with a roster most put well below their best teams ever.

The Astros have tapped into the understanding that not a lot of teams grasp. The regular season doesn't mean ***** It's just a chance for you to find the pieces that work and get them geared up for the post-season. Of course you've got to win enough to qualify, but once the playoffs starts, it breaks down to the teams that have and can, and the teams that can't and won't.

We saw it for years from the San Antonio Spurs. They didn't care if they were the 1 seed or the 5 seed - those 82 games were about figuring out who was going to step up in the playoffs and who wasn't, and what combinations worked. Every year they'd watch Phoenix or Dallas or Houston put up a gaudy win total, then wipe their asses out in the playoffs.

Same for the Patriots during Brady's prime. Didn't matter if they went 10-6 or 14-2 in the regular season. When the playoffs started, they went to work.

Correa, Springer, Altuve, Bregman, Gurriel - they get it. Injuries slow you down, the scandal pursues you town to town, opposing pitchers think they've got your number because you went 0-for-4 on July 29th against them, and now they can't figure out why they can't get you out in the playoffs. Because the mid-summer games they thought were Game 7 of the World Series were your training camp.

4-0 in the post-season. About to put Oakland out of its misery. Who's next?
spadilly
S
I'd most likely come up from Houston if we could secure a suite.
jetch17
AG
spadilly said:

I'd most likely come up from Houston if we could secure a suite.
i would do that fo' sho'
Mathguy64
AG
Off to class and my self imposed quarantine. Win this damn thing today because I'm tired of isolation.
old ag 2003
AG
Somebody with a little better knowledge of the A's, what do they have left if they win tonight? It seems like they have used a ton of pitching, I have to imagine they would be in rough shape too.
spadilly
S
old ag 2003 said:

Somebody with a little better knowledge of the A's, what do they have left if they win tonight? It seems like they have used a ton of pitching, I have to imagine they would be in rough shape too.

Well, they do have one certain starter we haven't faced all year our guys would love to see.
First Page Last Page
Page 628 of 866

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.