*****Offical Texas Rangers 2019 Season Thread*****

468,482 Views | 4725 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by 94chem
SquirrellyDan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Disclaimer: Astros fan here

Ive never developed a hate for the rangers bc I miss being an NL team with cubs and cards.....so I can say this: you guys have a great team of announcers. I'm staying in San Antonio and have been forced to watch the Dallas broadcast....really smart guys with an objective view. They're great.

That being said... go stros!
KT 90
AG
Mazara is so many levels of terrible right now. And Calhoun is in Nashville for some unknown reason . And to pile on, Guzman has sat three games in a row to protect him from bad matchups on the mound. If Guzman is that bad at the plate, he needs to go to Nashville to try to figure it out.

gigem1223
Pinch hit a sub .200 hitter for another sub .200 hitter....
Schall 02
AG
But but we have a "great" young lineup? Huh?
Grapesoda2525
Schall 02 said:

But but we have a "great" young lineup? Huh?
Gallo appears to be in a slump.

Odor and Guzman are trash.

Mazara seems like he can't take that next big step.

JD should probably make some massive changes to this "core" in the offseason. August 1st needs to be the start of "try outs" and we should let the kids play. Call up some guys from the minor leagues and get a good look at them.

Baby Billy
AG
SquirrellyDan said:

Disclaimer: Astros fan here

Ive never developed a hate for the rangers bc I miss being an NL team with cubs and cards.....so I can say this: you guys have a great team of announcers. I'm staying in San Antonio and have been forced to watch the Dallas broadcast....really smart guys with an objective view. They're great.

That being said... go stros!

Go away
KT 90
AG
Chavez back to the bullpen, Palumbo starting on Monday, per the beats.

Schall 02
AG
Evan Grant just tweeted about a Braves SP prospect.
J.P. 03
AG
Schall 02 said:

Evan Grant just tweeted about a Braves SP prospect.

I'd hate to see Choo go, but for that bounty, I suppose it'd be hard to say no.
Jimmy McNulty
AG
What is the potential package?
TXAggie2011
AG
I'm not sure Grant was doing anything other than making a joke, I'm not sure he's trying to go AggieRojo
KT 90
AG
We aren't getting much of anything for Choo unless we agree to eat a big chunk of his contract. He is still a productive DH, but is a liability in the field.... and is getting paid too much.

TXAggie2011
AG
PatAg
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

The team looks like they don't care.

They've played like **** since JD leaked the trade rumors.

Maybe they played like **** because they are just a middle of the road team
KT 90
AG
KT 90 said:

Chavez back to the bullpen, Palumbo starting on Monday, per the beats.

Well, damn....

KT 90
AG
Plus it was reported earlier in the week that Santana has been working at 3B as well.

Grapesoda2525
KT 90 said:

Plus it was reported earlier in the week that Santana has been working at 3B as well.

It means Cabrera is a goner.

Hopefully they get a lotto ticket prospect for him probably the best they can hope for. I wouldn't be surprised to see Santana at 3rd after the deadline.
bigcat22
AG
Grapesoda2525
Can't leave Houston fast enough. Yikes.
Schall 02
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Can't leave Houston fast enough. Yikes.

A true statement generally.
J.P. 03
AG
KT 90 said:

We aren't getting much of anything for Choo unless we agree to eat a big chunk of his contract. He is still a productive DH, but is a liability in the field.... and is getting paid too much.

That was supposed to be the joke. Looks like I Rougned Odor'ed that post.
KT 90
AG
HR for Mazra. Maybe he can snap out of his slump now, seems like most of the team has been slumping since the all star break,

Down 4-2
KT 90
AG
Shawn Kelly was in warming up on the mound to pitch... and came up lame. Had to get replaced before throwing a pitch. So look for a trip to the IL for him most likely.

Just another reason that it is time to sell off a few parts, and decide which ones to keep.
Rossko
AG
It appears Santana might be on the move if the Rangers like the return they can get. I didn't think there would be enough value coming back to deal him but it appears I would be wrong on that front...

KT 90
AG
KT 90 said:

Shawn Kelly was in warming up on the mound to pitch... and came up lame. Had to get replaced before throwing a pitch. So look for a trip to the IL for him most likely.

Just another reason that it is time to sell off a few parts, and decide which ones to keep.

KT 90
AG

Grapesoda2525
Rossko said:

It appears Santana might be on the move if the Rangers like the return they can get. I didn't think there would be enough value coming back to deal him but it appears I would be wrong on that front...

I think that would be a big mistake. If he was a free agent or expiring contract I'd be all for it.

The thing a lot of people overlook is that the rangers have his rights for 2 more years. There are about 6 or 7 other guys that I would trade first.

Although, this front office basically traded Profar and former rangers bench cheerleader Hanser Alberto to make room for odor and both of those guys are outplaying him across the league. Trading him wouldn't surprise me from this front office when keeping seems like a no brainer.

What if this turnaround is for real and it's not just a flash in the pan? The rangers owe it to themselves to find that out. Santana would be in the top 5 hitters in the AL if he had enough at bats to qualify. We would look like idiots if we traded him to a contender and he tore it up in the playoffs.
TXAggie2011
AG
Joey Gallo now at 29 strikeouts in 55 July plate appearances
Rossko
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Rossko said:

I think that would be a big mistake. If he was a free agent or expiring contract I'd be all for it.

The thing a lot of people overlook is that the rangers have his rights for 2 more years. There are about 6 or 7 other guys that I would trade first.

Although, this front office basically traded Profar and former rangers bench cheerleader Hanser Alberto to make room for odor and both of those guys are outplaying him across the league. Trading him wouldn't surprise me from this front office when keeping seems like a no brainer.

What if this turnaround is for real and it's not just a flash in the pan? The rangers owe it to themselves to find that out. Santana would be in the top 5 hitters in the AL if he had enough at bats to qualify. We would look like idiots if we traded him to a contender and he tore it up in the playoffs.
Agreed. I don't fully buy that this version of Santana is for real but I think the Rangers should hold him and find out. It doesn't cost them anything if he regresses but worst case could be a huge mistake to deal him.
Grapesoda2525
Rossko said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

Rossko said:

Agreed. I don't fully buy that this version of Santana is for real but I think the Rangers should hold him and find out. It doesn't cost them anything if he regresses but worst case could be a huge mistake to deal him.
The thing that gets me is that the rangers also have a huge margin for error when it comes to the decision to keep him. Keep him and it doesn't cost you any money or roster spots or anything like that.

Even if his play on the field "diminishes" to say .280 BA and 800 ops, he would still be a great player to have on the team going forward.
KT 90
AG
To add a little insult to injury (Drew Smyly)

MSFC Aggie
AG
PatAg
AG
KT 90 said:

To add a little insult to injury (Drew Smyly)

he'll end up sucking
AggieDPT
AG
Milwaukee signed him and released him too. I'm not worried about Smyly becoming anything at all.
Disco Stu
AG
He opted out of his minor league deal, they didn't release him.
First Page Last Page
Page 104 of 136

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.