*****Offical Texas Rangers 2019 Season Thread*****

468,392 Views | 4725 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by 94chem
Danny Vermin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ranger FAN gets us a run. Seagers face was hilarious.
MooreTrucker
AG
Danny Vermin said:

Ranger FAN gets us a run. Seagers face was hilarious.
What happened? I'm not able to watch.
Grapesoda2525
Seager's numbers look terrible,

Haha
Danny Vermin
Pence hit a pop up that barely made it in the stands. A tall kid with Ranger jersey, 17 or so, caught the foul right above seagers glove and seager just had a dumbface smile. Pence then hit a run scoring single. Kid got booed and later in the game pence sent him a signed bat saying " thats teamwork"
KT 90
AG
I wasn't watching at the time, but did see this tweet with the signed bat from Pence.

KT 90
AG
Odor with a three hit night, including a bomb in the 9th
KT 90
AG
Over. That makes it an 8 game losing streak now
KT 90
AG
KT 90 said:

I wasn't watching at the time, but did see this tweet with the signed bat from Pence.

They just had a replay of it. That kids glove was literally inside/in front of Seagers glove. And that was barely in the stands, pretty close to where he could have gotten ejected for interfering with a ball in play,

Schall 02
AG
Rangers interested in Dallas native Charlie Blackmon? Yes, please.

https://www.mlb.com/news/rockies-trade-offers-charlie-blackmon
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Can't say I'd be all that thrilled if they traded Minor to pick up a 33 year old left handed outfielder.
KT 90
AG
Good grief. No way we trade Minor for Blackman. The article even states that we are already too left handed, but what the hell, lets trade for another LH corner outfielder.

I'd give them Marara and Odor for Blackman though. Deal?

Grapesoda2525
Ranger #007 said:

Can't say I'd be all that thrilled if they traded Minor to pick up a 33 year old left handed outfielder.
Way too many lefties in our starting lineup already!

I think this is just a bored writer / pundit putting random crap out there. The trade deadline has been pretty slow so far.
Grapesoda2525
About damn time, but the condor has been demoted to triple A. The guy just can't hit MLB pitching. Teams in MLB generally expect their first baseman to be a bad ass hitter. I know we're one of the exceptions to that, but his hitting was so bad that the front office couldn't ignore it any longer.

I almost think we ran Guzman out there because he does the splits and odor because he punched Bautista because there play on the field doesn't match up with the expectations and playing time they've received.
KT 90
AG

TDub
AG
KT 90
AG
It was a dinker, but another hit for Odor. Sings of life finally, after last night and tonight he's almost got the average up to .200

TDub
AG
KT 90 said:

It was a dinker, but another hit for Odor. Sings of life finally, after last night and tonight he's almost got the average up to .200

Coming into the game he was hitting .263 since June 21st
Grapesoda2525
KT 90 said:

We're facing mariner pitching. It's a cure for just about any slump. I wouldn't take much from it.
KT 90
AG
etxag18 said:

KT 90 said:

Coming into the game he was hitting .263 since June 21st

Yes, I've seen that, hopefully he is coming around. He gradually getting the average up to a more respectable range... which takes a while once you've played over half a season.

KT 90
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

KT 90 said:

We're facing mariner pitching. It's a cure for just about any slump. I wouldn't take much from it.

As the poster above noted, his recent uptick has been going longer than this series. Hopefully he is coming around a bit.

KT 90
AG
After the bomb by Mazara, Gallo lays down a bunt.

Good work by Gallo, he's been struggling and willing to lay one down since they were giving it to him.

KT 90
AG
Odor follows with a bomb as well... average is officially over the Mendoza line (barely).

TDub
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

KT 90 said:

Soooooooooooo
TDub
AG
KT 90
AG
Don't look now, but Payano is looking pretty good so far. 3IP, 1H, 0R, 1BB, 5K.

Grapesoda2525
KT 90 said:

Don't look now, but Payano is looking pretty good so far. 3IP, 1H, 0R, 1BB, 5K.

First decently pitched ranger game in a week or slightly longer.
DallasAg 94
Grapesoda2525 said:

KT 90 said:

Odor has 4 HRs against the Mariners.
Santana has 0.

So, there is that window to view.
wbt5845
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

I almost think we ran Guzman out there because he does the splits and odor because he punched Bautista because there play on the field doesn't match up with the expectations and playing time they've received.

You sound like a woman watching baseball for the first time when you say things like that.
bigcat22
AG
Good news:

Potential Bad news:

wbt5845
AG
Put Gallo on IL if he has so much as a hang nail. He has proven he is part of the future.
Rossko
AG
wbt5845 said:

Put Gallo on IL if he has so much as a hang nail. He has proven he is part of the future.
I took the over on 34.5 HR so I do not approve of this strategy.
wbt5845
AG
Rossko said:

wbt5845 said:

I took the over on 34.5 HR so I do not approve of this strategy.

Haha well you're obviously biased! And yeah he needs to work to get 13 more.
KT 90
AG

Quote:

MLB Trade Rumors: Nomar Mazara, along with Mike Minor, is drawing interest from teams as the Texas Rangers look at selling in advance of the July 31 trade deadline, according to Ken Rosenthal. This is the first time I have seen Mazara, who is having a disappointing 2019 campaign, mentioned as drawing trade interest, although it makes sense that, given the Rangers' glut of lefty hitting corner outfielders, teams would check in on him as a possible buy-low guy. It seems unlikely to me, however, that Texas would deal Mazara at this point for the time of return he would be able to garner.
Rosenthal also mentions Chris Martin and Jose Leclerc as drawing inquiries, though Martin, who is a free agent after the season and who is pitching extremely well the last month, would seem more likely to be dealt. Leclerc is locked up on a long-term deal and unless a team overwhelms the Rangers, I don't think Leclerc is going anywhere. Martin, I would assume, goes to the highest bidder come July 31 (if not before).
Rosenthal mentions that, with various pitchers being taken off the market, Robbie Ray and Mike Minor could end up getting dealt because of offers the D-Backs and Rangers, respectively, can't refuse. Craig Edwards at Fangraphs suggests that Harrison Bader or Tyler O'Neill, plus major league ready pitching, could be a possible match. Bader is an elite defensive center fielder whose bat has fallen off precipitously this season, while O'Neill is a righty hitting corner guy, making him seem, to me, like less of a fit.
Rossko
AG
KT 90 said:

Quote:

MLB Trade Rumors: Nomar Mazara, along with Mike Minor, is drawing interest from teams as the Texas Rangers look at selling in advance of the July 31 trade deadline, according to Ken Rosenthal. This is the first time I have seen Mazara, who is having a disappointing 2019 campaign, mentioned as drawing trade interest, although it makes sense that, given the Rangers' glut of lefty hitting corner outfielders, teams would check in on him as a possible buy-low guy. It seems unlikely to me, however, that Texas would deal Mazara at this point for the time of return he would be able to garner.
Rosenthal also mentions Chris Martin and Jose Leclerc as drawing inquiries, though Martin, who is a free agent after the season and who is pitching extremely well the last month, would seem more likely to be dealt. Leclerc is locked up on a long-term deal and unless a team overwhelms the Rangers, I don't think Leclerc is going anywhere. Martin, I would assume, goes to the highest bidder come July 31 (if not before).
Rosenthal mentions that, with various pitchers being taken off the market, Robbie Ray and Mike Minor could end up getting dealt because of offers the D-Backs and Rangers, respectively, can't refuse. Craig Edwards at Fangraphs suggests that Harrison Bader or Tyler O'Neill, plus major league ready pitching, could be a possible match. Bader is an elite defensive center fielder whose bat has fallen off precipitously this season, while O'Neill is a righty hitting corner guy, making him seem, to me, like less of a fit.

Give me all of the Tyler Bro'Neill. That kid is the closest thing to Mark McGwire this century and just needs consistent playing time.
MSFC Aggie
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 105 of 136

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.