***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,849,088 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Panama Red
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
HTownAg98 said:

wangus12 said:

Also I'm call Busch league bs if Scherzer starts tomorrow. You don't go from not being able to lift your arm to throwing WS game 7.

A cortizone shot can do some amazing *****
But it's best to get some runners on base and make him think about it.

Some steroids make you a pariah, others make you a legend
Frok
AG
the last of the bohemians said:

I don't think Scherzer is pitching tomorrow.

He is
iBrad
AG
Altuve striking out with runners and second and third had more of an impact on the game than the play at first.
Texas A&M
Hi, Im Brett said:

mathguy86 said:

Greinke is in a rough spot tomorrow. If he coughs it up tomorrow he may get run out of town. That was a heavy price we paid and he will get scapegoated for not being a savior. It would be wrong but that will be the sentiment.

If we lose this WS, I doubt Greinke would be the scapegoat
Agreed... if we lose, JV and the bats will take the brunt of it.
Satellite of Love
OH FFS Frank, if it's the World Series or not you apply the rules as written. You don't let things go because you believe "the world is watching."

A-Rod is a chode arguing the call was wrong. We get it dude we know who you want to win. Just put on your W hat and jersey and stop trying to hide it.
bad_teammate said on 2/10/21:
Just imagine how 1/6 would've played out if DC hadn't had such strict gun laws.

Two people starred his post as of the time of this signature. Those 3 people are allowed to vote in the US.
Nino Brown
Good point. I was trying to think rationally for a moment, my bad.
Hubert J. Farnsworth
It always seems like the Astros have to have their backs up against the wall before they deliver the knockout blow. They will be cruising in a series, lose focus, let the other team back in it, then pull it out in game 6 or 7 in dramatic fashion. They just don't seem to have that killer instinct to straight up destroy teams in a playoff series. What they do have is the ability to be clutch when it matters. It's extremely frustrating for fans but makes for memorable games. I hope they can pull it off tomorrow.
Frok
AG
PSully97 said:

Frok said:

PSully97 said:

HTownAg98 said:

Zombie Greinke versus neck flare-up Scherzer tomorrow. Really, who would you pick?
Zombie all the way. He's going to find a way to go six or seven with 2 runs.

If we can't score 4 or 5 runs behind him with again SP and a crap bullpen (feat. 50 Cent Rodney) we don't deserve to win anyway.

Doubt we see any of their crappy bullpen guys tomorrow
maybe so, but I doubt a guy just got a Cortizone shot for back spasms is going to go very deep.

I hope so. I'm hoping Strasburg was just amazing and our bats wake up tomorrow.

Baseball is a painful game
TAMU1990
AG
No way Scherzer will be effective tomorrow. A pinched nerve causes muscle weakness. That's why he was warming up tonight. They know he's not going 7 innings tomorrow.
Ajollyag
Hope the team sleeps at the stadium tonight and something inspirational happens and wakes up their bats. Stuff movies are made of.
Cromagnum
AG
E said:

My how quickly y'all forgot that we would not have made the WS if It weren't for Verlander and we wouldn't have made it this far without him...

Not disputing the normal season, but he fell apart the 2nd time he pitched in both the ALDS and ALCS as well.
Harry Dunne
Texas A&M said:

Hi, Im Brett said:

mathguy86 said:

Greinke is in a rough spot tomorrow. If he coughs it up tomorrow he may get run out of town. That was a heavy price we paid and he will get scapegoated for not being a savior. It would be wrong but that will be the sentiment.

obviously we couldn't have made it to either World Series without JV, so obviously there's that...

But if we win tomorrow, the Astros will have two WS titles despite JV, not at all because of him.
Premium
AG
Satellite of Love said:

OH FFS Frank, if it's the World Series or not you apply the rules as written. You don't let things go because you believe "the world is watching."

A-Rod is a chode arguing the call was wrong. We get it dude we know who you want to win. Just put on your W hat and jersey and stop trying to hide it.

Lmao, you're watching the equivalent of CNN or Fox of baseball.... and getting upset about it
the last of the bohemians
I know they say he is pitching but that is big gamble if his condition is accurate
Nino Brown
And then they bring this dewsh out
MAROON
AG
iBrad said:

Altuve striking out with runners and second and third had more of an impact on the game than the play at first.

Yep - this at bat was the key play of the game.
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
cisgenderedAggie
Harry Dunne said:

Texas A&M said:

Hi, Im Brett said:

mathguy86 said:

obviously we couldn't have made it to either World Series without JV, so obviously there's that...

But if we win tomorrow, the Astros will have two WS titles despite JV, not at all because of him.

**** you. Dude is snakebit for WS, but heS crucial in getting them here, twice.
Satellite of Love
I'm on the couch and I don't know where the remote is laying. Alexa turned off the lights just before the Mount Rushmore of Douch came on the tv.
bad_teammate said on 2/10/21:
Just imagine how 1/6 would've played out if DC hadn't had such strict gun laws.

Two people starred his post as of the time of this signature. Those 3 people are allowed to vote in the US.
HTownAg98
ajolly said:

Hope the team sleeps at the stadium tonight and something inspirational happens and wakes up their bats. Stuff movies are made of.

BJs by Amy Cole and Kate for all my men.
agsquirrel97
AG
Satellite of Love said:

A-Rod after game 5, Nats didn't hit. Papi - cause they got run over by Cole train, give the man credit. A-Rod - but it is still their job to hit, it is what they are paid to do.

A-Rod after tonight with Strasberg
03_Aggie
ajolly said:

Me too because if they lose to Scherzer prepare for the next schilling'esque story we'll have to hear about for the next 20 years.

From not being able to put on clothes to winning game seven of the WS.

****, I even heard it in joe bucks voice while I typed it.
Harry Dunne
cisgenderedAggie said:

Harry Dunne said:

Texas A&M said:

Hi, Im Brett said:

mathguy86 said:

**** you. Dude is snakebit for WS, but heS crucial in getting them here, twice.
Uh, yeah. That's why I opened with exactly that information.
Scientific
AG
I know it's been 25 years since the Rockets made us Clutch City. But what's up with DC jacking the Clutch nickname from us?
Aggie95
AG
will game 7 be (regardless of who wins)?

1) a close low scoring game ( like 5-3 or 4-2)

2) a blow out (either team wins by 6+)

3) a close high scoring game (like 9-7 or 10-8)

Bregxit
AG
Kashchei said:

Bregxit said:

Well streak is over. Time to start a new one tomorrow.

And all you morose mofos who quit on the guys early need to pack your **** and go or quit acting like a bunch of Aggie football fans. These are the mother****ing world champion Houston Astros.

Not yet.

As in, they've been on this stage and won two years ago, as opposed to 1939.
cisgenderedAggie
***** I'm drunk, don't tell me what I missed.
FJB
AG
agsquirrel97 said:

Satellite of Love said:

A-Rod after game 5, Nats didn't hit. Papi - cause they got run over by Cole train, give the man credit. A-Rod - but it is still their job to hit, it is what they are paid to do.

A-Rod after tonight with Strasberg

Lol!
ORAggieFan
Satellite of Love said:

Pretty much everyone but Astros fans think the call was atrocious.
Bregxit
AG
And by the way, I think Bregman's bull**** antic lit the fire under the Nats' asses tonight.
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
Why don't we boo them tomorrow so it makes them feel like they are on the road. That way we can hit.
Harry Dunne
cisgenderedAggie said:

***** I'm drunk, don't tell me what I missed.
I am too, and initially I read your name as transgenderedAggie
Ajollyag
Scientific said:

I know it's been 25 years since the Rockets made us Clutch City. But what's up with DC jacking the Clutch nickname from us?

Portland took that away from us in the playoffs a few years back....
txislandag86
Aggie95 said:

will game 7 be (regardless of who wins)?

1) a close low scoring game ( like 5-3 or 4-2)

2) a blow out (either team wins by 6+)

3) a close high scoring game (like 9-7 or 10-8)

2....hope it's the home team
Goose83
AG
Harry Dunne said:

Nino Brown said:

Why is the media making a big deal about a play that turned out to be irrelevant to the outcome now?
To get attention.

What did you think the media's job was, to report relevant information?

Well the world would have been a poorer place if we hadn't known Soto just turned 21.
Texas A&M
First Page Last Page
Page 2036 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.