***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,847,638 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Bregxit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Well streak is over. Time to start a new one tomorrow.

And all you morose mofos who quit on the guys early need to pack your **** and go or quit acting like a bunch of Aggie football fans. These are the mother****ing world champion Houston Astros.
Beat40
We gonna get 7 out of ZG tomorrow and put up 5 by the 5th!
Kashchei
AG
Bregxit said:

Well streak is over. Time to start a new one tomorrow.

And all you morose mofos who quit on the guys early need to pack your **** and go or quit acting like a bunch of Aggie football fans. These are the mother****ing world champion Houston Astros.

Not yet.
Panama Red
AG
Surprised not shorter odds

Texas A&M
On one hand, I'm really ready for this season to be over..... on the other hand, I won't have an excuse for skipping out on my night work calls.
Cromagnum
AG
Frok said:

Cromagnum said:

Frok said:

Open the roof tomorrow

Have you seen the forecast? LOL

Have the roof get stuck open. Rain out.

Cole UrquidyThursday

FIFY. Keep Cole as a hot spare.
amercer
AG
Maybe let someone from DC throw out the first pitch
Aggie95
AG
well, if we don't get to Scherzer for a few runs tomorrow...I hope like hell we at least make him work enough to knock him out in the 6th or sooner. Make the Nats pen beat you for 3+ innings.
Sid Farkas
AG
Quote:

I'm not sure you understand baseball very well,
Ignore every post that starts off like this otherwise your just feeding the egos low self esteem nerds
PSully97
AG
HTownAg98 said:

Zombie Greinke versus neck flare-up Scherzer tomorrow. Really, who would you pick?
Zombie all the way. He's going to find a way to go 6+ with 2-3 runs.

If we can't score 4 or 5 runs behind him with a gimp SP and their bullpen we don't deserve to win anyway.
E
AG
My how quickly y'all forgot that we would not have made the WS if It weren't for Verlander and we wouldn't have made it this far without him...
agsquirrel97
AG
Beat40 said:

Unfortunately managers notoriously over manage in game 7 and I think Hinch May have a quick hook.

I hope that Hinch uses the art of war and never interrupt Martinez when he makes a mistake. Don't over manage
amercer
AG
Panama Red said:

Surprised not shorter odds

Something has to give. Small sample size and all that bull****, but the best team for the last 6 months isn't losing 4 at home in the World Series
Frok
AG
PSully97 said:

HTownAg98 said:

Zombie Greinke versus neck flare-up Scherzer tomorrow. Really, who would you pick?
Zombie all the way. He's going to find a way to go six or seven with 2 runs.

If we can't score 4 or 5 runs behind him with again SP and a crap bullpen (feat. 50 Cent Rodney) we don't deserve to win anyway.

Doubt we see any of their crappy bullpen guys tomorrow
Nino Brown
Why is the media making a big deal about a play that turned out to be irrelevant to the outcome now?
ttha_aggie_09
AG
I just really don't want another game... we needed to close this **** out tonight and I feel like now we don't have the advantage. If Max is able to go a couple of innings, great. If not and he is able to go 6-7, it's going to be a long night of disappointing ABs. We're back to not locking in on our ABs and swinging for the ****ing fence every AB, less a few batters.

the last of the bohemians
Would like to see the +- stats on strikes called for each team tonight, anyone have a link to that website? The ump allowed Strasberg to go so long
titanmaster_race
I just don't think it's physically possible to be an effective pitcher 3 days after not being able to lift your arm. I think Max will start tomorrow but not have any control and very little movement on his pitches.
agcat
AG
Nino Brown said:

Why is the media making a big deal about a play that turned out to be irrelevant to the outcome now?
My question as well.
96ags
AG
And the call was right
HTownAg98
wangus12 said:

Also I'm call Busch league bs if Scherzer starts tomorrow. You don't go from not being able to lift your arm to throwing WS game 7.

A cortizone shot can do some amazing *****
But it's best to get some runners on base and make him think about it.
Mathguy64
AG
Greinke is in a rough spot tomorrow. If he coughs it up tomorrow he may get run out of town. That was a heavy price we paid and he will get scapegoated for not being a savior. It would be wrong but that will be the sentiment.
Beat40
agsquirrel97 said:

Beat40 said:

Unfortunately managers notoriously over manage in game 7 and I think Hinch May have a quick hook.

I hope that Hinch uses the art of war and never interrupt Martinez when he makes a mistake. Don't over manage

The one thing that keeps Martinez form over managing is his BP outside of 2 guys is terrible. It's actually worked in his favor.
PSully97
AG
Frok said:

PSully97 said:

HTownAg98 said:

Zombie all the way. He's going to find a way to go six or seven with 2 runs.

If we can't score 4 or 5 runs behind him with again SP and a crap bullpen (feat. 50 Cent Rodney) we don't deserve to win anyway.

Doubt we see any of their crappy bullpen guys tomorrow
maybe so, but I doubt a guy just got a Cortizone shot for back spasms is going to go very deep.
Panama Red
AG
Lots of hand wringing & analysis of a play that had no bearing on the outcome of the game.
AggiEE
He was going for the base from the inside....

If he had been going outside in it wouldn't have been a problem
Goose83
AG
Geez, the Nats won the game - Aren't you FS guys supposed to be happy about that?

STFU and go home.
CFTXAG10
AG
mathguy86 said:

Greinke is in a rough spot tomorrow. If he coughs it up tomorrow he may get run out of town. That was a heavy price we paid and he will get scapegoated for not being a savior. It would be wrong but that will be the sentiment.

Yepp, and personally I'll be more pissed at JV than anybody else on the staff
Hi, Im Brett
AG
mathguy86 said:

If we lose this WS, I doubt Greinke would be the scapegoat
agsquirrel97
AG
Was the catchers interference even discussed in postgame after game 1?

Not a judgement call, it either is or it isn't, but not reviewable and Astros lost by 1?
the last of the bohemians
I don't think Scherzer is pitching tomorrow.
HTownAg98
amercer said:

Maybe let someone from DC throw out the first pitch

Make Pelosi do it.
96ags
AG
AggiEE said:

He was going for the base from the inside....

If he had been going outside in it wouldn't have been a problem

The call was correct by the rule. Period
Harry Dunne
Nino Brown said:

To get attention.

What did you think the media's job was, to report relevant information?

agdaddy04
AG
Nino Brown said:

Yep. Had to change the channel
First Page Last Page
Page 2035 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.