***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,849,715 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
saltydog13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
tjholley16 said:

Game 1: scored 2 runs in 1st inning
Game 2: scored 2 runs in 1st inning
Game 6: scored 2 runs in 1st inning

Reminder to not get overly excited about runs in the first inning tomorrow night

It's the weirdest thing I've ever seen. Still getting opportunities after the first, but just not cashing in.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Welp got Greinke at the trade deadline for a reason, tonight is going to be awesome!!!
Ozamataz Buckshank 01
AG
Someone better summon Jobu. We have to wake up the bats tomorrow.
"You can't grade the success of a CEO by how likeable he is."
Liquid Wrench
agdaddy04 said:

Well I'm not reading the 1900 posts. They'll get em tomorrow. Greinke going to come on strong.
You don't have to read them all, but you should at least read the last 430 posts.
03_Aggie
But we carried a bat to first after a solo shot that put the game out of reach in the bottom of the first inning.
Texas A&M
They need to find a way to mimic being on the road for the their pre-game experience before tomorrow night.
Cromagnum
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

JV: biggest postseason choke artist in astros history.

Altuve: worst situational at bat I've ever seen.

Yep. Verlander is complete ass in postseason play.
maca1028
Orange jersey's tomorrow please
Harry Dunne
JRC0811 said:

Harry Dunne said:

JRC0811 said:

Harry Dunne said:

Nice shot of weirdo Greinke with the hoodie there. Hope he has enough time to put all those bombs in the mail and send them off before the big game tomorrow.

STFU.
it's a joke, go wash the sand out of your vag.

The sand in my vag means Ill be even angrier come game day. It stays. So STFU and make your jokes be actually funny.
I never argue with a guy that owns up to his vag sand
Frok
AG
Open the roof tomorrow
Teddy Perkins
AG
Stras said he was tipping then started shaking his glove to keep from tipping after the 1st.
PhatMack19
AG
Strasburg said he was tipping pitches in the 1st. I guess that's the only way we can score.
n_touch
So Straus was tipping pitches in the first?
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Alternate home jerseys, no more navy for the gnats, and for duck sake no reddick
amercer
AG
Texas A&M said:

They need to find a way to mimic being on the road for the their pre-game experience before tomorrow night.

They should go stay at a hotel in Beaumont tonight
Ag12thman
AG
gambochaman said:

This may be the most pathetic game i have ever seen the astros play
Agreed. It was an atrocious outing. Bottom of the 1st is all I can remember being halfway decent. Verlander continues the World Series suckage.
Cromagnum
AG
Frok said:

Open the roof tomorrow

Have you seen the forecast? LOL
1876er
AG
Strasburg is unbeatable this post season.
FJB
AG
Ag_07 said:

hammerhead said:

JV has looked scared to death the entire series...he is pitching around every batter and trying to paint the corners.

Just a real poor showing on his part.

Well said and completely agree

Just can't put guys away. Doesn't have that dominating stuff.
Living where I do, I hardly can catch an Astros game, much less where Verlander is pitching.

The times I have seen him here in post season and especially these past two starts, its like he's throwing BP. No movement or missing wildly. Pair that with some **** batting and boom, loss.
AggieEP
Socrates05 said:

AggieEP said:

In case anyone really wants to beat a dead horse, look at the replay of altuve from last inning and where he was as he crossed the base.

Hint, he's in the same place Turner was and where almost all right handed hitters are on those kind of plays.

Not a review able play so glad they didn't change it, but the umpire **** the bed on that call for sure and bailed the pitcher out for his throw that tailed into the runner.

I must have missed where Altuve interfered with the defender trying to make a play, because otherwise they are not similar and each was called correctly.

I'm not sure you understand baseball very well, and you definitely don't understand this rule. For the runner to interfere, he needs to be outside the baseline or intentionally commit an act to prevent the fielder from making a play. If a thrown ball causes a fielder to enter the basepath and there is contact it's play on.
Liquid Wrench
PhatMack19 said:

Strasburg said he was tipping pitches in the 1st. I guess that's the only way we can score.
Yeah that was a chicken**** interview.

As if he just doesn't give up runs. As if no one should ever give up a run to the Astros.
Beat40
Teddy Perkins said:

Stras said he was tipping then started shaking his glove to keep from tipping after the 1st.

And it took a gift to get Brantley in a bad AB.

Took a heck of a play by Soto to get Gurriel.

Those those are frustrating, but it's baseball.
Philip J Fry
AG
gambochaman said:

This may be the most pathetic game i have ever seen the astros play

You didn't see game 2?
HTownAg98
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno said:

Open the roof, alternate home jerseys, no more navy for the gnats, and for duck sake no reddick

Get some Emilio Navaria going as well.
Nino Brown
Not this **** again. What were our offensive stats for the year again? Everyone must be tipping pitches.
1876er
AG
Premium said:

I love Verlander, and I hope we keep him and Cole, but if we are choosing for the future we take Cole and trade Verlander.

Lol. They aren't trading Verlander.
03_Aggie
Just very strange deal to see the home team lose every game and really never show up offensively.
titanmaster_race
Beat40 said:

Teddy Perkins said:

And it took a gift to get Brantley in a bad AB.

Took a heck of a play by Soto to get Gurriel.

Those those are frustrating, but it's baseball.

Not to mention the dribbler that got Turner on base on the first.
wangus12
AG
Also I'm call Busch league bs if Scherzer starts tomorrow. You don't go from not being able to lift your arm to throwing WS game 7.
Ciboag96
You figure it being a 3+ decade Houstonian, I would know better than to drop milk money on the game six at home.
agcat
AG
Premium said:

I love Verlander, and I hope we keep him and Cole, but if we are choosing for the future we take Cole and trade Verlander.
Agree. Not because Verlander choked in another WS. Simply because of his age. Doubt we can trade him however. Doubt anyone wants to pick up that kind of salary for a guy that late in his career.
Frok
AG
Cromagnum said:

Frok said:

Open the roof tomorrow

Have you seen the forecast? LOL

Have the roof get stuck open. Rain out.

Cole Thursday
n_touch
Good reason to open the roof
amercer
AG
wangus12 said:

Also I'm call Busch league bs if Scherzer starts tomorrow. You don't go from not being able to lift your arm to throwing WS game 7.

He's actually been a little shaky for the second half of the season so it won't be like tonight again
HTownAg98
Zombie Greinke versus neck flare-up Scherzer tomorrow. Really, who would you pick?
First Page Last Page
Page 2034 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.