***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,848,151 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Free Lunch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Frok said:

Cromagnum said:

Frok said:

Open the roof tomorrow

Have you seen the forecast? LOL

Have the roof get stuck open. Rain out.

Cole Thursday

Now this guy is on to something
jopatura
AG
If JV loses the Cy Young to Cole, was it worth letting him pitch so much those final weeks to pad the stats? Some of those final games really pushed the pitch count.

I'm beginning to think you can either have grand regular season Verlander or post-season god Verlander, but not both.
cisgenderedAggie
Harry Dunne said:

cisgenderedAggie said:

***** I'm drunk, don't tell me what I missed.
I am too, and initially I read your name as transgenderedAggie

That's just you projecting. I forgive you.
03_Aggie
Bregxit said:

And by the way, I think Bregman's bull**** antic lit the fire under the Nats' asses tonight.

Same **** in game two.
Ag12thman
AG
the last of the bohemians said:

I don't think Scherzer is pitching tomorrow.
Already been announced. He is unless he has another flare up.
txislandag86
Texas A&M said:

Watching MLB Network...It made an impression on the Nats.
titanmaster_race
Bregman is a *****. I'm glad he plays for us, but he's not someone I see myself rooting for if/when he's no longer an astro.
Texas A&M
titanmaster_race said:

Bregman is a *****. I'm glad he plays for us, but he's not someone I see myself rooting for if/when he's no longer an astro.
Correa would probably fall in that same boat for me.....
cisgenderedAggie
titanmaster_race said:

Are there more than about 5 active players at any given time for which this isn't true?
Ciboag96
Ag12thman said:

the last of the bohemians said:

I don't think Scherzer is pitching tomorrow.
Already been announced. He is unless he has another flare up.

Panama Red
AG
jopatura said:

If JV loses the Cy Young to Cole, was it worth letting him pitch so much those final weeks to pad the stats? Some of those final games really pushed the pitch count.

I'm beginning to think you can either have grand regular season Verlander or post-season god Verlander, but not both.

You mean when Astros were fighting for home field advantage? That's when you think JV should have been rested?

Wouldn't have mattered for WS, but likely not there without it in previously.
96ags
AG
03_Aggie said:

Bregxit said:

And by the way, I think Bregman's bull**** antic lit the fire under the Nats' asses tonight.

Same **** in game two.

Agreed. ****** move.

I understand the appeal of the Nats, they are a fun storyline. Bregman, Springer, Altuve, etc are going to have to go get this as a team win tomorrow night.

Put the b.s. ego aside and go do what it takes to win tomorrow night!
iBrad
AG
titanmaster_race said:

I don't really find myself rooting for anyone when they are no longer an Astro. Nolan Ryan is probably the lone exception.
AggiEE
Texas A&M said:

Hi, Im Brett said:

mathguy86 said:

Greinke is in a rough spot tomorrow. If he coughs it up tomorrow he may get run out of town. That was a heavy price we paid and he will get scapegoated for not being a savior. It would be wrong but that will be the sentiment.

If we lose this WS, I doubt Greinke would be the scapegoat
Agreed... if we lose, JV and the bats will take the brunt of it.

He shouldn't be the scapegoat, Greinke is responsible for a W, and JV has 2 Ls

That said, our bipolar offense shares much of the blame in our losses too
Harry Stone
AG
Game 7 scenario. Scherzer v. Grienke. Astros went all in for this very moment. Scherzer gets the start. Nats lose, media wont have an excuse to blame Nats losing on Scherzer not getting 2 starts, Grienke pitches 7 innings, wins game, trade of the year pays off in spades. Stros win 6-3.
bearkatag15
AG

Strasburg was tipping it seems.
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
the last of the bohemians
the Nats are a great fielding team. Got to get ball in air tomorrow
txislandag86
Max is starting tomorrow
Goose83
AG
iBrad said:

titanmaster_race said:

I don't really find myself rooting for anyone when they are no longer an Astro. Nolan Ryan is probably the lone exception.
My favorite non-Astros moment in modern day MLB history:

AggiEE
Texas A&M said:

Don't apologize for *****

Not how you were raised to play the game?

You showboat after every HR, holding a bat is no different

Just own it
ttha_aggie_09
AG
titanmaster_race said:

Shouldn't have let his chick move in with him... bad luck so far
Harry Dunne
Harry Stone said:

Game 7 scenario. Scherzer v. Grienke. Astros went all in for this very moment. Scherzer gets the start. Nats lose, media wont have an excuse to blame Nats losing on Scherzer not getting 2 starts, Grienke pitches 7 innings, wins game, trade of the year pays off in spades. Stros win 6-3.
If Greinke gets the win tomorrow he can go put his hoodie on and play D&D in his moms basement for the rest of his life if he wants to. He will have earned every penny of that contract.
Goose83
AG
Panama Red said:

jopatura said:

You mean when Astros were fighting for home field advantage? That's when you think JV should have been rested?

Wouldn't have mattered for WS, but likely not there without it in previously.
The way this series has gone, it might have been better if we hadn't gotten the home field advantage.
Ag12thman
AG
ttha_aggie_09 said:

titanmaster_race said:

Shouldn't have let his chick move in with him... bad luck so far
I heard he was sleeping with his bat. So did the chick get the couch for a couple of weeks?
Liquid Wrench
iBrad said:

titanmaster_race said:

You're rooting for laundry! /old Jerry Seinfeld bit
ttha_aggie_09
AG
He's one out short of a win for a WS game ... something JV can't get within 500yards of
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Verlander is a postseason choke artist.

Altuve had the worst situational at bat I've ever seen in my life. I will use video of that at bat to teach my son exactly how to not approach an at bat.
cc10106
So much outrage. GTFO here. Game 1 had a blown call go against us. Boo ****ing hoo.
Silent For Too Long
Harry Stone said:

Pretty much this. I had a bad feeling from the 3rd inning on in this one. Pitch counts were decidedly off. Strasburg had his put out pitches and JV didnt .

Its gonna feel different tomorrow. The introvert crafts his way through 7 and the offense does just enough agamist mad max and their BP to bring home number 2.

LFG.
txislandag86
AggiEE said:

Texas A&M said:

Don't apologize for *****

Not how you were raised to play the game?

You showboat after every HR, holding a bat is no different

Just own it
Martinez just said in post game interview they didn't like the Bregman showboat move...He also said he didn't like Soto doing the same thing...Obviously Bregman got the Nats fired up..
The Ragonk Strikes Back
This is all JVs fault if they lose tomorrow
Goose83
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

Altuve had the worst situational at bat I've ever seen in my life. I will use video of that at bat to teach my son exactly how to not approach an at bat.
Second time he has Tuved with a runner at third with less than two outs in this series.
Big Al 1992
AG
Here to say tomorrow is a must win.
JDUB08AG
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

Did you forget his starts in the 2017 ALCS? Yes, I get he hasn't been a superstar in the WS but he isn't a postseason choke artist. Also, tonight wasn't his best performance but we've seen way way way worse.
Panama Red
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

Hit the 15 second rewind after Springer hit because saw some lady my wife knows on the tv.

When we we back live, Brantley was batting
First Page Last Page
Page 2037 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.