***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

3,751,993 Views | 74451 Replies | Last: 27 days ago by PSully97
ttha_aggie_09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
No she was with him... interned at my dad's company
The Ragonk Strikes Back
How long do you want to ignore this user?
JV HAS BEEN TERRIBLE!
Nuke LaLoosh
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Goose61 said:

Nuke LaLoosh said:

Verlander is a postseason choke artist.

Altuve had the worst situational at bat I've ever seen in my life. I will use video of that at bat to teach my son exactly how to not approach an at bat.
Second time he has Tuved with a runner at third with less than two outs in this series.


They only had the corners in. Conceding a run. He swings for the ****in fences and then strikes out on a breaking ball in the dirt. Worst crucial at bat I've ever seen, and I watch a LOT of baseball.
Texas A&M
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Goose61 said:

Nuke LaLoosh said:

Verlander is a postseason choke artist.

Altuve had the worst situational at bat I've ever seen in my life. I will use video of that at bat to teach my son exactly how to not approach an at bat.
Second time he has Tuved with a runner at third with less than two outs in this series.
But didn't he get Springer home in the first? It wasn't a good at bat, but every time won't be.
txislandag86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Big Al 1992 said:

Here to say tomorrow is a must win.
Nuke LaLoosh
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
WelchAg said:

Nuke LaLoosh said:

Verlander is a postseason choke artist.

Altuve had the worst situational at bat I've ever seen in my life. I will use video of that at bat to teach my son exactly how to not approach an at bat.


Did you forget his starts in the 2017 ALCS? Yes, I get he hasn't been a superstar in the WS but he isn't a postseason choke artist. Also, tonight wasn't his best performance but we've seen way way way worse.


He has completely sucked ass the entire postseason this year, after having an all time great regular season. The very definition of choking.
irish pete ag06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

Here to say tomorrow is a must win.


This is the only time this has been spoken in truth on this thread this year.
Goose61
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

Here to say tomorrow is a must win.
You don't say

AggiEE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
JV hasn't been an ace, but he hasn't been terrible.

He only gave up 3 runs tonight

He still put us in a position to win.

I'll give Harris a pass tonight since he's a huge part of our wins, but you gotta wonder if he's been shown a little too much

Going to be a hard decision if it comes down to pitching Harris/Smith or Urquidy/Cole
Cromagnum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bearkatag15 said:



Strasburg was tipping it seems.


So we know the cheat codes on the very first pitch that Springer smoked out of the yard?
Ag12thman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just seems to have zero confidence this post season. Looks very nervous.
jopatura
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If JV hadn't given up the home run to Soto, the game could have been a lot different. You could feel the whole energy just deflate with that hit. Whether you wanna blame JV for the bad pitch or Hinch for leaving him to try to qualify for the W, who cares. That was the turn of the game.

Both Correa and Altuve has bad AB's tonight but they also had some good. Even if Altuve was more patient, you can't guarantee the run comes in on Strasburg.

This was a pitchers duel. Our pitcher lost.
crowman2010
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The crowd at MMP was once again...abysmal
Silent For Too Long
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Also, about the call, the biggest travesty was Will having to stand there with hands on his hips for 5 minutes after getting warmed up.

Will comes hot like normal and a 3 / 2 ball game looks completely different down the stretch.

Oh well. That's why they give you 7.
maca1028
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Get ready because every casual baseball fan and media personality across America will be pulling for the Nats tomorrow. I'm shaking off all the negativity that I'm feeling right now, going to bed, and waking up refreshed.
WE'RE WINNING TOMORROW!!
Texaggie7nine
How long do you want to ignore this user?
crowman2010 said:

The crowd at MMP was once again...abysmal


Looks like it matched the performance
saltydog13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The Ragonk Strikes Back said:

This is all JVs fault if they lose tomorrow

Last time I checked it was a team sport
Nuke LaLoosh
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AggiEE said:

JV hasn't been an ace, but he hasn't been terrible.

He only gave up 3 runs tonight

He still put us in a position to win.

I'll give Harris a pass tonight since he's a huge part of our wins, but you gotta wonder if he's been shown a little too much

Going to be a hard decision if it comes down to pitching Harris/Smith or Urquidy/Cole


He gave up 3 runs in FIVE innings. Don't leave that part out. He was garbage.
AggiEE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
jopatura said:

If JV hadn't given up the home run to Soto, the game could have been a lot different. You could feel the whole energy just deflate with that hit. Whether you wanna blame JV for the bad pitch or Hinch for leaving him to try to qualify for the W, who cares. That was the turn of the game.

Both Correa and Altuve has bad AB's tonight but they also had some good. Even Altuve was more patient, you can't guarantee the run comes in on Strasburg.

This was a pitchers duel. Our pitcher lost.


True. Same deal with Game 2.

He gave up a lazy complacent home run pitch to a Suzuki and the team lost all confidence

Sadly our bullpen and hitting is rattled when JV gets into even the slightest bit of trouble
AggiEE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Nuke LaLoosh said:

AggiEE said:

JV hasn't been an ace, but he hasn't been terrible.

He only gave up 3 runs tonight

He still put us in a position to win.

I'll give Harris a pass tonight since he's a huge part of our wins, but you gotta wonder if he's been shown a little too much

Going to be a hard decision if it comes down to pitching Harris/Smith or Urquidy/Cole


He gave up 3 runs in FIVE innings. Don't leave that part out. He was garbage.


If Greinke gives up 3 runs in 5 and we end up winning 6-3, would you consider his performance garbage?

It's one inning shy of a solid start. By JV standards it's garbage, but it's still a salvageable performance
Nuke LaLoosh
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AggiEE said:

Nuke LaLoosh said:

AggiEE said:

JV hasn't been an ace, but he hasn't been terrible.

He only gave up 3 runs tonight

He still put us in a position to win.

I'll give Harris a pass tonight since he's a huge part of our wins, but you gotta wonder if he's been shown a little too much

Going to be a hard decision if it comes down to pitching Harris/Smith or Urquidy/Cole


He gave up 3 runs in FIVE innings. Don't leave that part out. He was garbage.


If a Greinke gives up 3 runs in 5 and we end up winning 6-3, would you consider his performance garbage?

It's one inning shy of a solid start


One inning short of a "solid start" is not a "solid start", in fact far from it.

What's JVs postseason record this year? Postseason ERA? It's fkn garbage.
jopatura
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AggiEE said:

Nuke LaLoosh said:

AggiEE said:

JV hasn't been an ace, but he hasn't been terrible.

He only gave up 3 runs tonight

He still put us in a position to win.

I'll give Harris a pass tonight since he's a huge part of our wins, but you gotta wonder if he's been shown a little too much

Going to be a hard decision if it comes down to pitching Harris/Smith or Urquidy/Cole


He gave up 3 runs in FIVE innings. Don't leave that part out. He was garbage.


If Greinke gives up 3 runs in 5 and we end up winning 6-3, would you consider his performance garbage?

It's one inning shy of a solid start. By JV standards it's garbage, but it's still a salvageable performance


Depends how Grienke gets there. Up 6 and he gives up a three run homer in the 5th because of more ****ty umpiring: at least he gave the team confidence to get 6 and that he could hold it.

Bumbles around the whole game and gives up a run in the 1st, 2nd, and 5th: ****ty ****ty bang bang. That's basically what JV did tonight.
Hi, Im Brett
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I can appreciate a good bat flip. Carrying your bat to first is just lame and awkward.
Silent For Too Long
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Nuke LaLoosh said:

AggiEE said:

JV hasn't been an ace, but he hasn't been terrible.

He only gave up 3 runs tonight

He still put us in a position to win.

I'll give Harris a pass tonight since he's a huge part of our wins, but you gotta wonder if he's been shown a little too much

Going to be a hard decision if it comes down to pitching Harris/Smith or Urquidy/Cole


He gave up 3 runs in FIVE innings. Don't leave that part out. He was garbage.


He was not garbage. This is a terrible take. But its Nuke, so this is probably satire.

3 runs over 5 would have been good enough for a W in any of the games in DC. Strasburg was just fantastic.
eATMup-Reveille
How long do you want to ignore this user?
IMO, these things must change in game 7 for the offense to provide enough runs for a victory:

1. Hit the ball where it's pitched, regardless of where you want it to end up. It may alleviate all of the attempts to pull the ball so much.
2. Be prepared to bunt down the line away from the shift.
3. Decide before each at bat that if you're going to swing at a bad pitch, let it happen early in the count rather than late after watching that one pitch go by that could be driven.
4. As a team, decide you're not going to attempt to drive the opposition starter's pitch count up in order to face c the bullpen. Get there by hitting your way there.

Cromagnum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

crowman2010 said:

The crowd at MMP was once again...abysmal


Looks like it matched the performance


It was pretty damned loud on tv (for one inning)
ABATTBQ11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
saltydog13 said:

The Ragonk Strikes Back said:

This is all JVs fault if they lose tomorrow

Last time I checked it was a team sport


This. Altuve's ****ty at bat with 1 out and runners at second and third was inexcusable. You gotta get something there.
AggiEE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
eATMup-Reveille said:

IMO, these things must change in game 7 for the offense to provide enough runs for a victory:

1. Hit the ball where it's pitched, regardless of where you want it to end up. It may alleviate all of the attempts to pull the ball so much.
2. Be prepared to bunt down the line away from the shift.
3. Decide before each at bat that if you're going to swing at a bad pitch, let it happen early in the count rather than late after watching that one pitch go by that could be driven.
4. As a team, decide you're not going to attempt to drive the opposition starter's pitch count up in order to face c the bullpen. Get there by hitting your way there.




Pro tip for Correa

Swing at one of the first two strikes because you aren't going to get anything better to hit for Strike 3
Big Al 1992
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Lots of disappointments tonight but leaving Devo in after a 2B and then a HPB with no one warming up was bad. Yes we were down 5-2 but had Yuli, Alvarez and Correa up. 5-2 is easier to catch up to than 7-2.
AggiEE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ABATTBQ11 said:

saltydog13 said:

The Ragonk Strikes Back said:

This is all JVs fault if they lose tomorrow

Last time I checked it was a team sport


This. Altuve's ****ty at bat with 1 out and runners at second and third was inexcusable. You gotta get something there.


His AB killed our entire offense tonight

It's sad, but our approaches after that we're terrible. We were swinging at everything
Cromagnum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So what's clear to me is we need to find two smoke shows with nice cans who we can get homeplate tickets for and get them to show their jubblies to Greinke.
AggiEE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Big Al 1992 said:

Lots of disappointments tonight but leaving Devo in after a 2B and then a HPB with no one warming up was bad. Yes we were down 5-2 but had Yuli, Alvarez and Correa up. 5-2 is easier to catch up to than 7-2.


Agreed. Got Hinched there

At least go with Rondon before ****ing Devo in a semi-close game
Ags #1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
They have pretty much not bunted against the shift all year long, you think they will start that up now?
jopatura
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
And it's not so much the mechanics of pitching that annoyed me about Verlander. The game line might not have been horrible.

But his body language from the very first pitch was scared puppy dog with a tail between his legs. Verlander is the boss of this team. They feed off him. Obviously that energy was strong enough to trickle down through the dugout. Even when Brantley caught the ball basically at the Crawford Boxes, all Verlander could do was look like a deer in headlights. Where was the fire?
Cromagnum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AggiEE said:

eATMup-Reveille said:

IMO, these things must change in game 7 for the offense to provide enough runs for a victory:

1. Hit the ball where it's pitched, regardless of where you want it to end up. It may alleviate all of the attempts to pull the ball so much.
2. Be prepared to bunt down the line away from the shift.
3. Decide before each at bat that if you're going to swing at a bad pitch, let it happen early in the count rather than late after watching that one pitch go by that could be driven.
4. As a team, decide you're not going to attempt to drive the opposition starter's pitch count up in order to face c the bullpen. Get there by hitting your way there.




Pro tip for Correa

Swing at one of the first two strikes because you aren't going to get anything better to hit for Strike 3


Protip 2, stop swinging at low sliders that are balls all day.