***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,904,114 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Deluxe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
titanmaster_race said:

This is great

Excellent. I've become a pretty big Jomboy fan the past few weeks.
Beat40
I have a good feeling about Urquidy tonight.
Beat40
I was going to say, I have not heard of Jomboy until this season I have enjoyed all of his stuff. Will follow a lot more next season.
dshedd41
S
Gig’em Aggies!
n_touch
mm98
AG
Beat40 said:

I have a good feeling about Urquidy tonight.

I hope so. He'll need his stuff moving and tailing well tonight.
Philip J Fry
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

Goose61 said:

Anyone ever ask Hinch why he didn't challenge the blown HBP call?

Choked off a potential big inning.

I'm still very, very upset about this.

Let it go man. We won the game.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno said:

MuckRaker96 said:

Cromagnum said:

redline248 said:

Soto is a cocky little f-ck, but I'm not sure calling him a piece of garbage is warranted

You are right, he is a cocky piece of *****
Mickey Mantle had 23 HR and 87 RBI at 20.
Al Kaline had 27 and 102 at 20.

If I raked 34 HR and 110 RBI when I was 20, I'd be cocky too.

Soto's at in the box is going to end up getting him hit in the head or face at some point, when some guy from a team that is going nowhere - let's say the Rangers - decides he's tired of the BS. Regardless, Soto is a remarkable talent. Appreciate getting to see someone like this so early.

I don't think head hunting is warranted, but Cole and verlander not giving him a bow tie the first two games is criminal, dude is so comfortable in the box right now, you can't hit him, but you need to get close and it's not a surprise grienke was the only one with the balls to buzz him at 2-1.
It's only head hunting if you kill him.
I loved buzz bombing Ryan Zimmerman even more last night. Hey Mr. National, here's a 98 MPH at forehead level!
If a hitter is comfortable at the plate, you're doing a lousy job of pitching. I read a great interview with maddux once where he described how he would take away parts of the plate fro hte hitter over teh course of a game. Now granted he's the best pitcher most of us will ever see, but it wa really remarkable to hear him describe it all.
Deluxe
AG
I want some of that playoff Brandon Backe from
Urquidy tonight
crowman2010
AG
May your wish
be
granted
Harry Dunne
MuckRaker96 said:

MuckRaker96 said:

Cromagnum said:

redline248 said:

Soto is a cocky little f-ck, but I'm not sure calling him a piece of garbage is warranted

Soto's at in the box is going to end up getting him hit in the head or face at some point, when some guy from a team that is going nowhere - let's say the Rangers - decides he's tired of the BS. Regardless, Soto is a remarkable talent. Appreciate getting to see someone like this so early.

I don't think head hunting is warranted, but Cole and verlander not giving him a bow tie the first two games is criminal, dude is so comfortable in the box right now, you can't hit him, but you need to get close and it's not a surprise grienke was the only one with the balls to buzz him at 2-1.
I loved buzz bombing Ryan Zimmerman even more last night. Hey Mr. National, here's a 98 MPH at forehead level!
If a hitter is comfortable at the plate, you're doing a lousy job of pitching. I read a great interview with maddux once where he described how he would take away parts of the plate fro hte hitter over teh course of a game. Now granted he's the best pitcher most of us will ever see, but it wa really remarkable to hear him describe it all.
Good post.

The scary thing is when a guy like James gives the batter 98 mph chin music - like someone last night posted, I love it if he actually meant to do it... but there is an equal chance that he really meant to put it low and outside. Either way it's really on the hitter to either position themselves like Altuve or if they are going to stand over the plate, wear the Correa chin flap and body armor and not act like indignant babies when a pitcher takes back the easement.

irish pete ag06
AG
Who's in DC for game 4?
FrioAg 00
AG
My Astros flag is flying high on my DC front porch (technically Maryland)
redline248
AG
A guy like James, in some ways, can be even more nerve wracking for a batter because no one knows where it's going
titanmaster_race
MuckRaker96 said:

MuckRaker96 said:

Cromagnum said:

redline248 said:

Throwing above the shoulders is bush league. I don't think there's ever a situation where I want to see a pitcher hurl 90+ at anyone's head.
crowman2010
AG
Doing dumb dances and taunting the pitcher is Bush league. Move on
Cromagnum
AG
titanmaster_race said:

MuckRaker96 said:

MuckRaker96 said:

Cromagnum said:

redline248 said:

Throwing above the shoulders is bush league. I don't think there's ever a situation where I want to see a pitcher hurl 90+ at anyone's head.

So is grabbing your dick after every ball.
JYDog90
AG
titanmaster_race said:

MuckRaker96 said:

MuckRaker96 said:

Cromagnum said:

redline248 said:

Hmmm. Wonder why you don't have any blue stars.
Farmer1906
AG
titanmaster_race said:

MuckRaker96 said:

MuckRaker96 said:

Cromagnum said:

redline248 said:

I agree. Never throw at someone's head. However that doesn't mean you can't throw up or up and a little in.

Greinke knee what he was doing. James was probably just wild.
TexasRebel
AG
He's still trying to learn anatomy.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Soto should damn near expect to get hit every at bat if he does the shuffle thing alone, much less with the dick grab too.

THAT is bush league. If we get a big lead I'm totally find hitting him.
Philip J Fry
AG
titanmaster_race said:

MuckRaker96 said:

MuckRaker96 said:

Cromagnum said:

redline248 said:

Chin music used to be expected when you act like a little ***** in the box. Now sure when we've lost all of our testosterone in this sport as fans.
CFTXAG10
AG
redline248 said:

A guy like James, in some ways, can be even more nerve wracking for a batter because no one knows where it's going
I wish he would do more of what Osuna did last night in the B9, especially with a lead. No need to walk a guy. Challenge him and make him do something with it. He got a little erratic after the oversold flop by Zimmerman.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Cromagnum said:

titanmaster_race said:

MuckRaker96 said:

MuckRaker96 said:

Cromagnum said:

redline248 said:

So is grabbing your dick after every ball.

Are we still talking about baseball?
Prime0882
Prosperdick
AG
TAKE IT BACK MOTHF*CKERS!!!!!
Sid Farkas
AG
The Zimmerman up and in was a little too close for comfort. Soto's was just right.

Btw, Did anyone get an update on Soto's birthday? I heard he was 20 day before yesterday. Then he was done being 20 yesterday. Now he's 21 because his birthday was yesterday so he's no longer 20. Because he's 21.
TexasRebel
AG
Hopefully still hungover.
Ag_07
AG
At least Soto was a man about it.

Zimmerman was being a bltch. I've never seen the manager and trainer come check on someone who wasn't hit.

That wasn't near as close as he acted like.
Sid Farkas
AG
Quote:

I've never seen the manager and trainer come check on someone who wasn't hit.
PTSD. Such a wuss
The Milkman
AG
Sid Farkas said:

The Zimmerman up and in was a little too close for comfort. Soto's was just right.

Btw, Did anyone get an update on Soto's birthday? I heard he was 20 day before yesterday. Then he was done being 20 yesterday. Now he's 21 because his birthday was yesterday so he's no longer 20. Because he's 21.

His comfort. Not mine. Seemed just fine
Johnsy3
AG
Sid Farkas said:

That's crazy. I know that Gleyber Torres is 22, so with Soto being 21 - he JUST turned 21 by the way - Soto is younger. Because he is only 21 and Torres is 22. Also Soto's birthday was yesterday and yesterday there was a World Series game - a game that he played in! A 21-year old playing in a World Series game ON HIS BIRTHDAY!

I think Joe Buck just came.
bearkatag15
AG
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
crowman2010
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Getting Suzuki out of the lineup for tonight is big. Gomes not near as talented IMO.
Frok
AG
I know nothing outside this series but Suzuki has been good offensively and defensively for the Nats
First Page Last Page
Page 1869 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.