***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,849,540 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
FrioAg 00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tonight the bats need to carry us.

Forget who is hot and who hasn't been. When we have this kind of firepower in spots 1 through 6 on the lineup, and we're facing a below average pitcher who rarely makes it behind 5-6 innings....

The bats should put 6+ up before we get to the home stretch
Goose83
AG
Anyone ever ask Hinch why he didn't challenge the blown HBP call?

Choked off a potential big inning.

Sid Farkas
AG
Could turn into a mutual bull pen game early...In that case Walgreens doesn't stand a chance.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Goose61 said:

Anyone ever ask Hinch why he didn't challenge the blown HBP call?

Choked off a potential big inning.

I'm still very, very upset about this.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
I wouldn't be surprised by Washington doing something crazy like putting in scherzer or Strasburg if it's tied or they get a lead.

They don't want this series going back to MMP.
ClickClack
AG
Because he wanted to keep the bat in altuve's hands. Easy to say he should have challenged now knowing Altuve grounded into a FC.
Sid Farkas
AG
ClickClack said:

Because he wanted to keep the bat in altuve's hands. Easy to say he should have challenged now knowing Altuve grounded into a FC.
doesn't sound like a good reason evar. Even with altuve.

Go with the sure on-base
DVC2010
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

I wouldn't be surprised by Washington doing something crazy like putting in scherzer or Strasburg if it's tied or they get a lead.

Strasburg still has a couple of rest days before his next start. I almost expect him to appear tonight.
Ag_07
AG
ClickClack said:

Yep

If anyone was gonna challenge it I thought it should've been Martinez. Altuve has been raking and he got lucky he hit the weak grounder.
titanmaster_race
Sid Farkas said:

ClickClack said:

doesn't sound like a good reason evar. Even with altuve.

Go with the sure on-base

Lolwut

Altuve was cranking the ball all night.
titanmaster_race
DVC2010 said:

Nuke LaLoosh said:

Strasburg still has a couple of rest days before his next start. I almost expect him to appear tonight.

They might throw him into the game instead of his bullpen session. That's what they did with Corbin earlier in the series.
Frok
AG
Bregman needs to show up tonight. Having a black hole batting clean up kills every chance of having a big inning.
FrioAg 00
AG
They won't get that creative because we'll be up by 6 already
agdaddy04
AG
Yep, the HBP would've put the dp back in play and then you guys would've complained about that. Altuve was seeing the ball better than anyone last night. I wanted the bat to remain in his hands.
titanmaster_race
This is great

07ag
AG
https://ts.la/eric59704
Ag12thman
AG
willie wonka said:

Ag12thman said:

I can't stop watching it!
Absolutely love it. Especially since that piece of garbage, Soto, did nothing all night long against Greinke and the Astro Bull Pen.

One game at a time, y'all. We are about to take this series back and take them down in H-Town!
Cromagnum
AG
Frok said:

Bregman needs to show up tonight. Having a black hole batting clean up kills every chance of having a big inning.

Bregman needs to trade batting order with Gurriel.
07ag
AG
Ag12thman said:

willie wonka said:

Ag12thman said:

I can't stop watching it!
Absolutely love it. Especially since that piece of garbage, Soto, did nothing all night long against Greinke and the Astro Bull Pen.

One game at a time, y'all. We are about to take this series back and take them down in H-Town!
should be astros pitchers 101 in this series,, soto gives a shuffle, soto gets a bowtie
https://ts.la/eric59704
Cromagnum
AG
I mean, worse things can happen than walking him. It clearly shook him up the rest of the game. I see some broken ribs in his future when the 2020 season fires up.
titanmaster_race
I hope we get to see LMJ pitch against Soto next season. That will be awesome.
Ags #1
AG
We definitely got more close strike calls
redline248
AG
Soto is a cocky little f-ck, but I'm not sure calling him a piece of garbage is warranted
Cromagnum
AG
redline248 said:

Soto is a cocky little f-ck, but I'm not sure calling him a piece of garbage is warranted

You are right, he is a cocky piece of *****
Ag12thman
AG
Cromagnum said:

redline248 said:

Yeah, I thought I was erring on the side of being nice, actually.
redline248
AG
It's all good. I think stuff like that makes the game fun
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
07ag said:

Did someone's 4th grade class do the layout for this?
titanmaster_race
Ags #1 said:

We definitely got more close strike calls

A big reason for that is pitch framing. Suzuki is phenomenal in every other aspect of playing catcher, but he is absolutely terrible as a pitch framer. All series he's been stabbing at breaking balls at the bottom of the zone and they've been called balls even though they're in the zone. On the other hand, Chirinos is much better at framing.
CFTXAG10
AG
Even seeing that chart it was funny how when the Astros got hosed on the Zimmerman AB they barely mentioned it, and same on the horrible check swing call. But every time we would benefit they would talk about it and show replays nonstop. I'll be pretty thrilled if we can shatter the hopes of Washington fans including Smoltz and Buck.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Cromagnum said:

redline248 said:

Mickey Mantle had 23 HR and 87 RBI at 20.
Al Kaline had 27 and 102 at 20.

If I raked 34 HR and 110 RBI when I was 20, I'd be cocky too.

Soto's at in the box is going to end up getting him hit in the head or face at some point, when some guy from a team that is going nowhere - let's say the Rangers - decides he's tired of the BS. Regardless, Soto is a remarkable talent. Appreciate getting to see someone like this so early.
texpdx
There is a certain amount of error in the accuracy the box itself. There were definitely misses on both sides including some that showed outside of the box but looked like it caught the corners.

I think check swing should be reviewable from a video review real time where the ump gets an immediate call from the review box.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Cromagnum said:

redline248 said:

Mickey Mantle had 23 HR and 87 RBI at 20.
Al Kaline had 27 and 102 at 20.

If I raked 34 HR and 110 RBI when I was 20, I'd be cocky too.

Soto's at in the box is going to end up getting him hit in the head or face at some point, when some guy from a team that is going nowhere - let's say the Rangers - decides he's tired of the BS. Regardless, Soto is a remarkable talent. Appreciate getting to see someone like this so early.

I don't think head hunting is warranted, but Cole and verlander not giving him a bow tie the first two games is criminal, dude is so comfortable in the box right now, you can't hit him, but you need to get close and it's not a surprise grienke was the only one with the balls to buzz him at 2-1.
mAgnoliAg
AG
I like that cole and verlander were horrible their first start this series. They will bounce back
Farmer1906
AG
Prosperdick
AG
Ag12thman said:

Even the ump, if you watch closely, looks away from Soto's ridiculous shuffle.
First Page Last Page
Page 1868 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.