***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,847,850 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Big Al 1992
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bregman was 0-5 and they walked Brantley to get to him. That's gotta wake him up for game 4. I see him mashing! It's gonna be a 8-6 Astros win.
MAROON
AG
Nino Brown said:

Soto striking out 3 times on his birthday did not suck.
hopefully he gets blasted tonight
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
FrioAg 00
AG
Nothing is ever going to to in what that day here was like. The morning after, driving to work was surreal.

This was fun though
MOCO9
AG
Anyone heard anything on Suzuki?
Beat40
CFTXAG10 said:

My hope is the Nats tighten up after their first taste of losing in a while. I think they were having fun and playing loose those first two games. Keep putting the pressure on them. Getting out to a lead helped tremendously, but Greinke and the pen went out and slammed the door shut!

I believe they have to be somewhat thinking they don't want this series to get back to Houston. If they are thinking that, this win might make them tighten up a little bit.

More importantly, I think this win puts a little doubt in their mind, especially finally going 0-fer with RISP.

Really hope we can capitalize on that little seed of doubt. Hinch is going to have to be ready to pull Urquidy early if things are seemingly getting out of control. However, I think Uquidy is going to pitch well. I think we're going to get 4-5 really solid innngs from him.

The offense just needs to keep doing what they're doing. Keep getting guys on base and keep hitting them hard.
astros4545
AG
We shred Corbin, he doesn't make it thru 4
Cromagnum
AG
FrioAg 00 said:

Just walked out of Nats Park. That place was silent for the last 3 innings and they were dejected in the streets.

If we can win tomorrow they're going to be broken

BMX Bandit
So did Hinch "figure out" what to do with the bottom of the order and right field?

AggieEE have nightmares over that Reddick RBI and play in right?
Post removed:
by user
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Need to flop Gurriel and Bregman in the lineup. Need Gurriel's laser beams with the top 3 raking.
Mathguy64
AG
Testing testing 1, 2, 3

Let's see if I'm out of the principals office yet.

ETA it looks so
Cromagnum
AG
Lol. Getting lots of dirty looks from the Yankees at my layover in Baltimore because of my Astros hat.
cisgenderedAggie
I thought Baltimore had Orioles.
Cromagnum
AG
cisgenderedAggie said:

I thought Baltimore had Orioles.

They do, but you couldn't tell by being at this airport.
ontheedge
MuckRaker96 said:

Need to flop Gurriel and Bregman in the lineup. Need Gurriel's laser beams with the top 3 raking.
For the sake of the team winning, Bregman should make that request. Hinch won't do it and likely wouldn't if he asked.
Cromagnum
AG
ontheedge said:

MuckRaker96 said:

For the sake of the team winning, Bregman should make that request. Hinch won't do it and likely wouldn't if he asked.

I agree with this. The 4 spot needs to be a constant threat with 5 as backup
Ag12thman
AG
jetch17
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
Grenkie is a bad MFer
Sid Farkas
AG
MOCO9 said:

Anyone heard anything on Suzuki?
They have a killer line of track bikes
Mathguy64
AG
You know what that bow tie was all about. That kid is talented but in the regular season someone is going to break his ribs.
Pahdz
He will lead the league in HBP next year
Post removed:
by user
Mathguy64
AG
And fights.
aTm2004
AG
Ag12thman said:

When he did that, I yelled out "FINALLY!"
CFTXAG10
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

I might stick with it. Only because Bregs got robbed on that next AB after the "No respect" intentional walk, and he is one game removed from a solid 2 run jack off Strasburg. Gurriel went 1/5 with a single. Theres not a lot of data on Bregs and Gurriel vs. Corbin. The former is 0/4 and the latter is 1/4. I really want to see how Bregman responds today.

Oddly enough, Jake Marisnick is 4/5 against Corbin with a double and a RBI. Springer is 4/6 with a HR, a double, and an RBI.
Big Al 1992
AG
This is like pitching p r o n.

JYDog90
AG
Ag12thman said:

I can't stop watching it!
Formerly Willy Wonka
mwm
But for the walk to Zimmerman (thanks to the home plate ump that missed a called strike 3), Greinke & the bullpen threw a shut out against the Gnats last night.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
See, I thought Greinke didn't pitch well at all last night. 4-2/3 innings with 3 walks and when they made contact it seemed like hard contact. We need to get more innings out of a starter on full rest. We are going into a bullpen game where our bullpen threw 4-1/3 the night before... that's far from ideal.

Either way, who cares... we won and we needed to. Same situation tonight.
Mathguy64
AG
It's hard to go deep when your pitch count is up from an endless string of 3-2 counts. Both guys last night struggled with the strike zone, which frankly was horrible for both teams. Each had several pitches that were clearly strikes on statcast and they didn't get called. Hell three times a Nat struck out and they were already walking to the dugout when the ump called ball. This is the third straight game of a super tight zone. I don't think it's accidental. And for a pitcher like Greinke who lives in the black and low it's really hard. He battled it well. So did Sanchez.
Harry Dunne
Fernando pitched a CG (4 ER) and got the win as a rookie. Jaime Garcia gave up 2 ER over 10 innings in 2 starts.

So Mexican rookie starters are undefeated with a 2.84 ERA in the WS...and they both got rings.

aggiedata
AG
He also can't throw back into the infield. I'd challenge his arm.

Nuke LaLoosh
AG
mathguy86 said:

It's hard to go deep when your pitch count is up from an endless string of 3-2 counts. Both guys last night struggled with the strike zone, which frankly was horrible for both teams. Each had several pitches that were clearly strikes on statcast and they didn't get called. Hell three times a Nat struck out and they were already walking to the dugout when the ump called ball. This is the third straight game of a super tight zone. I don't think it's accidental. And for a pitcher like Greinke who lives in the black and low it's really hard. He battled it well. So did Sanchez.

That's part of it though. He had some bad calls both for and against him. Going 3-2 on seemingly every hitter is nobody's fault but his own.
Diggity
AG
He reminds me of an angry opponent in Mike Tysons Punch Out.

First Page Last Page
Page 1867 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.