***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,849,364 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
AggiEE
bearkatag15 said:

I guess with Urquidy on the mound we want the best defense possible?

Worried about the offense, was hoping Tucker would eventually get a start (of course). He had a productive AB and great base running last night
Gigemags382
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Came here to ask if we were going to move Bregman to the 6 spot. Guess not. Gonna keep rolling with the black hole at cleanup. Fantastic.

Who cares if he's an MVP candidate. This is the WS and he's a huge liability in the lineup right now.
mm98
AG
AggiEE said:

bearkatag15 said:

Worried about the offense, was hoping Tucker would eventually get a start (of course). He had a productive AB and great base running last night

It's more just likely they want Jake vs the LHP Corbin.
Harry Dunne
crowman2010 said:

bearkatag15 said:

Getting Suzuki out of the lineup for tonight is big. Gomes not near as talented IMO.
Disagree.

Suzuki has a little more pop but Gomes more than makes up for it by being better behind the plate. We also ran on Suzuki nearly at will last night.

I don't think one or the other is really that big of a deal but all things considered I'd rather face Suzuki.
bearkatag15
AG
mm98 said:

AggiEE said:

bearkatag15 said:

It's more just likely they want Jake vs the LHP Corbin.

Bingo

crowman2010
AG
AggiEE said:

bearkatag15 said:

EE...you don't have to tell us you want Tucker in. WE KNOW YOU DO
AggiEE
Would be nice if somebody in the bottom of our order could step up, seems like right now we are way too reliant on the few guys (springer, altuve, Brantley) that are managing to hit.

Hope Jake has a good night.
crowman2010
AG
Harry Dunne said:

crowman2010 said:

bearkatag15 said:

Getting Suzuki out of the lineup for tonight is big. Gomes not near as talented IMO.
Disagree.

Suzuki has a little more pop but Gomes more than makes up for it by being better behind the plate. We also ran on Suzuki nearly at will last night.

I don't think one or the other is really that big of a deal but all things considered I'd rather face Suzuki.
Pitchers will disagree with you. Considering this is our "BP" game, I'd rather face worse hitters.

The Suzuki +20 RBI during the regular season over Gomes is why I made my comment (also the higher AVG for Suzuki).
redline248
AG
You're not moving Bregman bc Yuli and Correa have been practically as bad. Alex also had some good ABs with hard contact last night.
Pahdz
Suzuki's defense blocking pitches has been outstanding, not sure if Gomes is better or worse in that regard
Frok
AG
I'm not a fan of starting Marisnick, don't really care what he's done before vs Corbin. It's a small sample size. Would rather have Reddick
AggiEE
Frok said:

I'm not a fan of starting Marisnick, don't really care what he's done before vs Corbin. It's a small sample size. Would rather have Reddick

If the option is either Jake or Reddick...I'd rather have Jake. Their offense is similarly bad but Jake is an outstanding fielder and fast on base while Josh is average in the outfield and slower
Farmer1906
AG
Farmer1906
AG
redline248 said:

You're not moving Bregman bc Yuli and Correa have been practically as bad. Alex also had some good ABs with hard contact last night.

On what world have Yuli been bad?
Harry Dunne
crowman2010 said:

Harry Dunne said:

crowman2010 said:

bearkatag15 said:

Disagree.

Pitchers will disagree with you. Considering this is our "BP" game, I'd rather face worse hitters.

The Suzuki +20 RBI during the regular season over Gomes is why I made my comment (also the higher AVG for Suzuki).
Yes, Suzuki is the better hitter, but the difference offensively between the two is pretty slight IMO. Also BA & RBIs are not great indicators of who the better hitter is. Suzuki is 3-27 (.111) this postseason. Gomes is 4-14 (.286).

To me the main factor is that Gomes is indisputably better defensively. We aren't the 1985 Cardinals. Going 4-4 in steals is a big deal.

Hopefully we are going to hit and none of this will matter.
rosco511
AG
Farmer1906 said:

redline248 said:

Yuli's been better lately and has hit into some hard outs, but his postseason OPS this year is .583.
Farmer1906
AG
Harry Dunne said:

crowman2010 said:

Harry Dunne said:

crowman2010 said:

bearkatag15 said:

Disagree.

Yes, Suzuki is the better hitter, but the difference offensively between the two is pretty slight IMO. Also BA & RBIs are not great indicators of who the better hitter is. Suzuki is 3-27 (.111) this postseason. Gomes is 4-14 (.286).

To me the main factor is that Gomes is indisputably better defensively. We aren't the 1985 Cardinals. Going 4-4 in steals is a big deal.

Hopefully we are going to hit and none of this will matter.

You're right. We're better. 6 more wins and a larger run differential.
tjack16
AG
rosco511 said:

Farmer1906 said:

redline248 said:

Yuli's been better lately and has hit into some hard outs, but his postseason OPS this year is .583.

Without him, we have to play game 7 against NY
Post removed:
by user
rosco511
AG
And Correa has had some good moments and Bregman and others, but does not change the fact that overall .583 OPS is bad.
dshedd41
S
nice tats
Gig’em Aggies!
Post removed:
by user
Farmer1906
AG
rosco511 said:

Farmer1906 said:

redline248 said:

Your looking at results of a handful of games. He's crushed the ball.

If I go 5-5 with 5 bloops and you go 1-5 with 5 balls crushed but at people who's more likely to have a better game if they keep hitting the similarly. The guy batting 1.000 or .200?
tjack16
AG
rosco511 said:

And Correa has had some good moments and Bregman and others, but does not change the fact that overall .583 OPS is bad.

If we win the series ... all of those stats won't matter
bearkatag15
AG
Mathguy64
AG
You give me Urkeeding for 5 IP and 75 P and we are still in the game, he's going back out for the 6th
crowman2010
AG
No. Dont want them seeing him more than twice I dont think
mm98
AG
Keep in mind Peacock only threw 18 pitches last night. I think. He should be good for for an inning or two depending on how efficient he is.
Monywolf
Frok said:

I know nothing outside this series but Suzuki has been good offensively and defensively for the Nats

His receiving skills are awful. He's good at blocking the ball. That's about it.
3 Toed Pete
AG
Deluxe said:

I want some of that playoff Brandon Backe from
Urquidy tonight
I keep thinking the exact same thing.
AggiEE
mathguy86 said:

You give me Urkeeding for 5 IP and 75 P and we are still in the game, he's going back out for the 6th

Absolutely, this is the last time he'll pitch this year.

If he's doing well, or we have a large lead, let him go to 100 pitches or more as long as the game is not at risk.

We need to conserve our BP after last night if we can
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
bearkatag15 said:

But then who? Roll with peacock or James?
Farmer1906
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

bearkatag15 said:

But then who? Roll with peacock or James?

Rondon & Devo
titanmaster_race
Harry Dunne said:

crowman2010 said:

bearkatag15 said:

Disagree.

All the steals last night had way more to do with Sanchez being extremely slow to the plate.
First Page Last Page
Page 1870 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.