***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,870,433 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Mathguy64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If you throw JV Friday on regular rest all you are doing is pushing the Urkeeding start down the road. If you roll the dice and do Cole on short rest then you are left with that Urkeeding start happening game 7. Whole lotta nope nope there for me.

What I do: Win Thursday with Greinke and you throw Urkeeding Friday. Lose tomorrow and you throw JV Friday to try and get back up 3-2 coming home and take your chances with Urkeeding and Cole.

What will AJ do? Whatever it is I trust him.
Ag12thman
AG
So looking like no game today. Would all ALCS games be pushed back a day, I assume?
Prosperdick
AG
With all this rain talk and the Nats winning last night it makes me think of Seattle as the only team to never reach the World Series. Just think of their teams in the 90's...they had non-roided, but still really incredible A-Rod (basically Correa), Randy Johnson (basically Cole) and Ken Griffey Jr. (Springer is a stretch but definitely comparable to what he did in the 2017 World Series).

Also if you skip ahead to their 116 win season they had basically a left-handed and Japanese version of Altuve with Ichiro. All that talent and in a lot of ways built like we are and they never even made it to the World Series.

Enjoy it boys and girls...baseball is a fickle mistress.
BrokeAssAggie
Ag12thman said:

So looking like no game today. Would all ALCS games be pushed back a day, I assume?
I read they would keep the games scheduled for Saturday and Sunday in Houston.
Ag12thman
AG
mathgu said:

He's been on the money with his moves an decisions. Even when I think he's not making a good move, it works out and he proves why he's the manager and I'm a spectator.
Hulla Baller
AG
I wonder if anybody has suggested just moving the rest of the games to MMP? It has a roof so rain won't be a problem.
Farmer1906
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

we are winning the next two games.

we will score at least 6 in both.

we are about to break out with RISP.

who we pitch wont even matter much.
I feel the same way and I expect the Yankees are starting to feel that way after being held down the last few days with some traffic in both.
Farmer1906
AG
Hulla Baller said:

I wonder if anybody has suggested just moving the rest of the games to MMP? It has a roof so rain won't be a problem.
It crossed my mind. How ape**** mad would the Yankees be and I wouldn't blame them either.
Frok
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

we are winning the next two games.

we will score at least 6 in both.

we are about to break out with RISP.

who we pitch wont even matter much.

I really hope we get to <insert "Are you a genie" gif> on this post
CFTXAG10
AG
gigemJTH12
AG
whats this say? I have no cell service at work and tweets are blocked on my comp. I rely on this thread all day for info
BMX Bandit
its been said many times on this thread how the postponement helps us and hurts Yankees.

more evidence of that, I just read that the Yankees bullpen did not have a player pitch 3 days in a row all season
bearkatag15
AG
If ya'll have any interest in what Yankees fans are saying right now here is a link to one of their message boards

http://www.nyyfansforum.com/showthread.php/139639-2019-Postseason-Thread/page66
CFTXAG10
AG
Just some division news, Angels are close to a deal to make Joe Maddon their next manager
bearkatag15
AG
bearkatag15 said:

If ya'll have any interest in what Yankees fans are saying right now here is a link to one of their message boards

From this link:

Quote:

Listening to the radio postgame: per Waldman - Boone has no intention of replacing Sanchez with Romine. Says his defense has been great (working with pitchers)
Thanks Boone. Sanchez sucks
Harry Stone
AG
mathguy86 said:

If you throw JV Friday on regular rest all you are doing is pushing the Urkeeding start down the road. If you roll the dice and do Cole on short rest then you are left with that Urkeeding start happening game 7. Whole lotta nope nope there for me.

What I do: Win Thursday with Greinke and you throw Urkeeding Friday. Lose tomorrow and you throw JV Friday to try and get back up 3-2 coming home and take your chances with Urkeeding and Cole.

but if jv goes friday, he is pitching game 2 of the ws on wednesday on normal rest.
Ag_07
AG
If he wasn't a Yankee no one would know his name.
dshedd41
S
Gig’em Aggies!
Panama Red
AG
Farmer1906
AG
Are his eyes closed?
dshedd41
S
Would not be surprised if Game doesn't get played today
Gig’em Aggies!
bearkatag15
AG
Some are *****ing about wishing they signed Brantley over the 1 year deal for Gardner and many of them are all in on signing Cole in the offseason. They basically want to be the Astros.
Panama Red
AG
dshedd41 said:

Would not be surprised if Game doesn't get played today

Don't hurt your self going out on that limb
bearkatag15
AG

Quote:

Yanks could not beat Verlander or Cole when neither had elite stuff; there are zero positive takeaways
This guy gets it.
Hulla Baller
AG
So I heard one of the announcers say yesterday that the Angels might be a destination for Cole after this season. Please tell me that's not true. If he does leave and I know most people here think he will, I hope he goes back to the NL.
gigemJTH12
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Quote:

Yanks could not beat Verlander or Cole when neither had elite stuff; there are zero positive takeaways
This guy gets it.
yep. Tell him our luck has been terrible with hard hit balls too. 0'fer with RISP for the series.

going to get worse for them.
JYDog90
AG
Panama Red said:

What amazed me about that play is how restrained they are in the heat of the moment not to reach over the wall and grab it. I know it's most likely an automatic out for fan interference, but it still takes some restraint.
Formerly Willy Wonka
gigemJTH12
AG
Hulla Baller said:

So I heard one of the announcers say yesterday that the Angels might be a destination for Cole after this season. Please tell me that's not true. If he does leave and I know most people here think he will, I hope he goes back to the NL.
here's the thing. he has pitched himself into such rare territory, that if we went on to win the WS and he had another 3 starts like he has had, Crane is opening the checkbook for the luxury.

if Cole had a decent postseason I think it may be different.

but he is pitching like the MVP of the league right now. You bite the bullet on two years of luxury to lock him up for 7 years.

I truly believe if we win it all he will get paid to stay.
bearkatag15
AG
Hulla Baller said:

He's from LA and grew up going to Angels games with his dad. They have a lot of room to pay a big contract, have shown a willingness to over pay for players with long term deals and are desperate for an Ace in their rotation. The only negatives they have going for them is they don't win historically and they play in the same division as Houston.

It makes perfect sense why LAA is a likely landing spot for Cole.
Texaggie7nine
bearkatag15 said:

That's actually quite suprising. They are using proper grammer and being very civil. I figured it would be nothing but.

"**** those ***ing ***** suckers"

"**** Brett for missing that catch!"

"Aaayee **** you you ****ing cry baby!"

"No **** you you ****ing **** licker!"

"NOOOOOO **** YOU!! YOU WANNA PIECE OF ME JABRONI??!!?"
7nine
astros4545
AG
Hulla Baller
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

Hulla Baller said:

here's the thing. he has pitched himself into such rare territory, that if we went on to win the WS and he had another 3 starts like he has had, Crane is opening the checkbook for the luxury.

if Cole had a decent postseason I think it may be different.

but he is pitching like the MVP of the league right now. You bite the bullet on two years of luxury to lock him up for 7 years.

I truly believe if we win it all he will get paid to stay.
I choose to believe this as well.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
CrazyRichAggie said:

"[When I was a kid,] I wanted to be a pirate. Thank God no one took me seriously and scheduled me for eye removal and peg leg surgery."- Bill Maher
BMX Bandit
I believe Crane will open up the checkbook to make a huge offer also. But I also think someone else is going to offer more.
Average Joe
AG
astros4545 said:

Charged with what, being awesome?
First Page Last Page
Page 1497 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.