***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,849,423 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
CFTXAG10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Quote:

Charged with what, being awesome?
Only slapping him once
Texaggie7nine
Average Joe said:

astros4545 said:

Charged with what, being awesome?
Quote:

Dinkins was also indicted on a federal charge of conspiring to obtain approximately $120,000 in disaster relief funds by fraudulent means in 2012. Dinkins was accused of applying for the funds in the wake of Hurricane Ike.
Great guy.
7nine
JDUB08AG
AG
Cole is getting paid from somebody. I actually had the reverse thought. If Cole wins a WS here, he can move out west knowing he will forever have a ring. If we come up just short, he may not be in position ever again to get that ring if he goes out west.
Cromagnum
AG
Panama Red said:

LOL. Caught with eyes closed for extra saltiness.
agsquirrel97
AG
Cromagnum said:

Panama Red said:

but always 2 hands on the glove in playoffs, I really like that about Reddick, he uses both hands in the playoffs.
bearkatag15
AG
It truly is amazing how Tanaka turns his season around every year for the playoffs. He goes from a high 3/low 4 ERA pitcher during the season, then turns into an Ace in the postseason, normally against Houston.

spadilly
S
agsquirrel97 said:

Cromagnum said:

Panama Red said:

but always 2 hands on the glove in playoffs, I really like that about Reddick, he uses both hands in the playoffs.

Attn: Springer

Every time I get a little anxious when he puts his glove up like Smalls in The Sandlot
Boiling Denim
willie wonka said:

Panama Red said:

What amazed me about that play is how restrained they are in the heat of the moment not to reach over the wall and grab it. I know it's most likely an automatic out for fan interference, but it still takes some restraint.
4 feet to the right and the guy in the blue jacket is def reaching over to catch it

It only takes one knucklehead
Philip J Fry
AG
Panama Red said:

Dude on the far right is an MLB Network producer. No hidden biases here...
8T2
I think the meathead next to him would have done it too. I remember him from the replay.
62strat
AG
8T2 said:

I think the meathead next to him would have done it too. I remember him from the replay.
Someone has got to make a gif of the 4:00 spot here.

Hulla Baller
AG
Philip J Fry said:

Panama Red said:

Dude on the far right is an MLB Network producer. No hidden biases here...
The guy with the sunglasses on (at night)?
BrokeAssAggie
JYDog90
AG
Is anyone surprised that Reddick didn't turn around and hand him the ball?

I remember 20 yrs ago a similar situation when a visiting outfielder caught a ball down the line for the 3rd out and a kid was begging the OF for the ball and the outfielder looked right at him and acted like he was going to hand it to him and then whipped around and threw it as far as he could in the other direction.
Formerly Willy Wonka
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
CrazyRichAggie said:

Is he pissed cuz of an out or because they cut him off at 15 beers?
bearkatag15
AG

Mack should be close to the break even point on his hedge bets. Might just need 1 or 2 more.
JYDog90
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

CrazyRichAggie said:

Yeah, that guy looks like the picture of health, does he not?
Formerly Willy Wonka
David_Puddy
AG
willie wonka said:

I remember 20 yrs ago a similar situation when a visiting outfielder caught a ball down the line for the 3rd out and a kid was begging the OF for the ball and the outfielder looked right at him and acted like he was going to hand it to him and then whipped around and threw it as far as he could in the other direction.

That is a dangerous proposition there. Knowing those jackass fans, one of them likely would've immediately hummed it at his head.
aTm2004
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

CrazyRichAggie said:

I'd say the soda tax.
ClickClack
AG
Was listening to the barstool Sirius XM station on the way in this morning. Whoever they have on the morning sounds like a tool trying to come off as a badass tough guy or something.

Then they start talking about astros yankees and how he hopes the Yankees pull it off. They switch to Nationals talk and they were talking about how the only team left to not go to WS is the Mariners. Then talking about the Nationals history and one guy says "yeah I think they were the expos before". The tough guy tool says no I dont think that's right. They then google it and the other guy gets really excited that his guess was right.

My question is - how the hell do you talk sports for a living and not know that?? Is that ridiculous to anyone else?
Teddy Perkins
AG

Astros related because we MAY have to face this guy.
Philip J Fry
AG
Indeed.
1872walker
ClickClack said:

My question is - how the hell do you talk sports for a living and not know that?? Is that ridiculous to anyone else?

ClickClack said:

Was listening to the barstool
JYDog90
AG
it seems like the only prerequisite for getting your own show on xm radio is to know who to talk to at barstool.
Formerly Willy Wonka
Cromagnum
AG
David_Puddy said:

willie wonka said:

That is a dangerous proposition there. Knowing those jackass fans, one of them likely would've immediately hummed it at his head.

They threw a few souvenir balls and water bottles out there already during the game. Would have been grand to have a pen in his pocket and sign it "with love, from Reddick" and toss it up there. LOL
Beat40
When the boys are playing the way they are, I'm always ready for the next game - it's so hard to wait. Having to wait another day will be brutal.
bodaciousbood14
AG
Boiling Denim said:

willie wonka said:

Panama Red said:

What amazed me about that play is how restrained they are in the heat of the moment not to reach over the wall and grab it. I know it's most likely an automatic out for fan interference, but it still takes some restraint.
4 feet to the right and the guy in the blue jacket is def reaching over to catch it

It only takes one knucklehead
Based on the fact that the ball was coming basically straight down at that point...even if Reddick was four feet to the right and blue jacket guy reached over, that would've been clear fan interference no?
spadilly
S
Here's a wider view of the catch with all sorts of great reactions.

Beat40
I don't now how they can't call Game4 as postponed right now. Looking at weather.com, its 100% ran from 5pm to 9pm in NY, and only goes down to 85% at 9. It's unlikely they would start a game at 9 or 10 est.
Teddy Perkins
AG
I would love an Astros after dark playoff game tonight just for selfish reasons of not having to wait another day.
Deluxe
AG
The Reddick catch against Didi at the wall yesterday kinda reminded me of the catch he made against Bellinger in 9th inning of World Series game 2.
Mr President Elect
AG
spadilly said:

Attn: Springer

Every time I get a little anxious when he puts his glove up like Smalls in The Sandlot

Glad I am not the only one... Not to mention he comes off a little clumsy so I expect him to either fall or not make the catch on pretty much any routine big out.
JYDog90
AG
This wouldn't be a bad thing:

Formerly Willy Wonka
ClickClack
AG
Now imagine Kyle Tucker against that wall.
AgHawkeye
AG
spadilly said:

Here's a wider view of the catch with all sorts of great reactions.

Lots of good one but I still just love the dude that is resting his chin on his hand. It's like front row surrender cobra.
First Page Last Page
Page 1498 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.