***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,848,373 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Prime0882
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm in the Washington DC area and really tempted to buy tickets for either game 3 or game 4. Wanting to wait until I see who is going to buy, but, tickets are already $700+ for standing room only.
BMX Bandit
JRC0811 said:

I'm in the Washington DC area and really tempted to buy tickets for either game 3 or game 4. Wanting to wait until I see who is going to buy, but, tickets are already $700+ for standing room only.
buy now. If its the Yankees, you will be able to sell for a higher price.
Farmer1906
AG
He would have caught to sooner since he's taller.
gigemJTH12
AG
JRC0811 said:

wait to buy. will be much cheaper when we are up 3-0 heading to game 4.
Wabs
AG
Would really like to play G4 today to keep everything on track. Try to squeeze into a win in G4 with Urquidy and company. If not, the yanks still have to win 2 of 3 against Greinke, JV and Cole....
Deluxe
AG
Farmer1906 said:

He would have caught to sooner since he's taller.
Reddick's experience catching major league baseballs allowed him to make the play. Tucker is used to catching PCL baseballs, so he likely would have just assumed it was gone and not moved from his spot in RF.
Farmer1906
AG
I don't think the game gets played today, but I have a feeling Peacock might get the start. Let him go through the order once. It's so righty heavy and he gets them out.
Farmer1906
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

Hulla Baller said:

So I heard one of the announcers say yesterday that the Angels might be a destination for Cole after this season. Please tell me that's not true. If he does leave and I know most people here think he will, I hope he goes back to the NL.
here's the thing. he has pitched himself into such rare territory, that if we went on to win the WS and he had another 3 starts like he has had, Crane is opening the checkbook for the luxury.

if Cole had a decent postseason I think it may be different.

but he is pitching like the MVP of the league right now. You bite the bullet on two years of luxury to lock him up for 7 years.

I truly believe if we win it all he will get paid to stay.
Don't pay for something that has already happened. Pay for what you expect to get. Look at Lester in Chicago. He's got another 2-3 years of big money coming to a below-average pitcher.

This also means no Correa or Springer extensions and possibly trading away Greinke.

I still don't see it happening win, lose, or draw.
TXAG14
Radar is not looking favorable for tonight.
dshedd41
S
Gig’em Aggies!
KC_Ag14
AG
Personally, I want Greinke 5, JV 6, and Cole 7 as scripted. I just don't see a scenario where they can win 2 out of 3 with that stretch. Especially with JV and Cole at MMP. Don't ruin the blessing in disguise that was the ALDS to set up the rotation this way.
dshedd41
S
Gig’em Aggies!
bearkatag15
AG
JYDog90
AG
I wasn't on the thread during the game yesterday so I don't know if y'all talked about it but I loved watching Reddick gently place the bat on the ground on his HR.
Formerly Willy Wonka
1872walker
Prime0882
AG
BMX Bandit said:

JRC0811 said:

buy now. If its the Yankees, you will be able to sell for a higher price.
Well, looks like I have tickets to the World Series...
CFTXAG10
AG
Now that it is officially postponed, I wonder how soon we get an updated schedule for game times....

Harry Dunne
Farmer1906 said:

Don't pay for something that has already happened. Pay for what you expect to get. Look at Lester in Chicago. He's got another 2-3 years of big money coming to a below-average pitcher.

This also means no Correa or Springer extensions and possibly trading away Greinke.

I still don't see it happening win, lose, or draw.
That's it, in one sentence. No need to discuss further. You know it's a lot for me to say this both because I love analysis/debate and I love Cole, but at his market value it is a poor move to even consider signing him.

And I hope he proves me wrong, but I think Greinke is already a bad value. I think he still has something left in the tank for the regular season, but he's not a good postseason pitcher.
WES2006AG
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Now that it is officially postponed, I wonder how soon we get an updated schedule for game times....

7:08 central for game 4 tomorrow
Teddy Perkins
AG

spadilly
S
CFTXAG10
AG
WES2006AG said:

CFTXAG10 said:

6:08 central for game 4 tomorrow
CFTXAG10
AG
I am surprised they aren't playing game 5 earlier in the afternoon, but $$$$$$$$
Eeyore Smooth
AG
I think tomorrow's game should still be called game 5 and Friday's game 4, since game 4 got rescheduled to then /sarcasm
Deluxe
AG
My vote is to keep our big 3 starters pitching on regular rest:

G4) Greinke
G5) Verlander
G6) Bullpen day
G7) Cole
Harry Dunne
CFTXAG10 said:

I am surprised they aren't playing game 5 earlier in the afternoon, but $$$$$$$$
Sucks for the players. Slight advantage to us for at least getting to come back to our own beds. They should really let Cole come back early and get his 10 hours of sleep.
Harry Stone
AG
This could be very favorable for the astros if they can close out before game 7. cole would be available game 1 of ws, and if need be, he could pitch a few innings in game 7.

so then you would have the ws rotation with cole and verlander as possible games 1 and 2, and grienke in game 3, even though he would be on more rest, but i think you'd want his bat at washington over verlander.
Wabs
AG
Deluxe said:

G4) Greinke
G5) Verlander
G6) Bullpen day
G7) Cole
I'd also like our 3 big starters on full rest. I'd just rather do the bullpen day early and today at Yankee Stadium. Looks like the weather may prevent that though....
bearkatag15
AG
spadilly
S
Deluxe said:

G4) Greinke
G5) Verlander
G6) Bullpen day
G7) Cole
07ag
AG
https://ts.la/eric59704
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Sucks for people holding game 5 tickets who can't go on Friday
"[When I was a kid,] I wanted to be a pirate. Thank God no one took me seriously and scheduled me for eye removal and peg leg surgery."- Bill Maher
Aston 91
AG
07ag said:

I know you just copied it, but the bold print headline is wrong. It says Game 4 will be played Wednesday. Nice proofreading by MLB.
jkag89
bearkatag15 said:

I know the postponement is probably an advantage for the 'Stros, but still

Teddy Perkins
AG
Dream scenario. *pray hands emoji*

First Page Last Page
Page 1499 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.