***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,882,539 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Lance prepping for a potential late addition to the WS roster if we make it that far
bearkatag15
AG
Mr.Bond said:

Has anyone received their tickets yet.?
ALCS tickets? I got mine pretty quickly after I ordered them through the MLB Ballpark App.
Mr.Bond
AG
I went through the Astros website and still haven't received mine

Nevermind I found it
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

tjack16
AG
So this might be a stupid question .... but if we win the title, does LMJ get a ring? I know If you play at all for the team that season you do... but what if you're injured the whole season? I assume he would but not sure
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Bregxit said:

astros4545 said:

Look at Amy Cole's shirt

I got to get me one of those (Colt .45 malt liquor) but it's Cole .45

Dead serious, are those Bregman's balls hanging out from under his jersey in the second picture?

I don't see how that's NOT his nuts
Mr.Bond
AG

Get the man a wheelbarrow
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

aTm2004
AG
Not sure if this has been posted yet.

Bregxit
AG
Holy cow that's great!
Bregxit
AG
We know why his girl is smiling now.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
I can't stop laughing about Bregman literally letting his nuts hang out
n_touch
Ag_07
AG
Gettda pardy estarddit errly
spadilly
S
Off days...

Oyster DuPree
AG
spadilly said:

Off days...

Who keeps letting this man into the stadium on off days?
Shenaniganz
TREX01
If we can somehow pull off Game 1 and 2 and you go to NY with Cole on the mound you would have to be thinking sweep at that point. To be honest I'd rather have Cole in NY than Grienke. I think this will all work out just fine and then we can beat the Cards in the WS.
gigemJTH12
AG
I think the Nats win that series
iBrad
AG
If we knew he was tipping pitches before the game, why did Bregman have to stop and explain it to Correa?
Mathguy64
AG
iBrad said:

If we knew he was tipping pitches before the game, why did Bregman have to stop and explain it to Correa?
I don't know that they knew it was a sure thing, I think it was something they identified as a possible tell. And by the time Altuve and Bregman had batted they had seen enough pitches to know the tell was there. So Bregman told Correa its there.
Cromagnum
AG
TREX01 said:

If we can somehow pull off Game 1 and 2 and you go to NY with Cole on the mound you would have to be thinking sweep at that point. To be honest I'd rather have Cole in NY than Grienke. I think this will all work out just fine and then we can beat the Cards in the WS.

Stop with the sweep talk. Let's beat the damned Yankees first before worrying about the WS.
Ag_07
AG
TREX01 said:

If we can somehow pull off Game 1 and 2 and you go to NY with Cole on the mound you would have to be thinking sweep at that point.

bullard21k
AG
iBrad said:

And I'll guess I'll say it...the fact that they were tipping pitches and once they figured it out...we went basically hitless besides a reddick flair for 7+ innings slightly concerns me.

Offense has got to be significantly better against New York as they are going to score some runs.
TREX01
Don't you come into every series with the intention of sweeping? I don't understand the hand wringing over something that would look very doable if you can pull off 1and 2
Beat40
bullard21k said:

iBrad said:

And I'll guess I'll say it...the fact that they were tipping pitches and once they figured it out...we went basically hitless besides a reddick flair for 7+ innings slightly concerns me.

Offense has got to be significantly better against New York as they are going to score some runs.

Did we miss the Brantley and Altuve HRs in the late innings? Yuli nearly hit another.

This is how everyone's offense is in the playoffs - the pitching is significantly better - we just happened to face possibly the toughest pitching staff outside of our own in the AL. The Yankees were able to beat up on some bad Twins pitching that was masked by the Tigers, White Sox, and Royals.

The Yankees offense is still force to be reckoned with, but you have to remember they have to hit off JV, Cole, and the rest of the staff as well. We're not going to make it easy on them.

Also, the Yankees pitching staff isn't as good as Tampa's. I think the constant switching of arms bothered us as well.

I think we'll hit at home, struggle to hit a bit more on the road.
Ag_07
AG
Last year someone started talking about sweeping the entire postseason after the ALDS and the GM 1 ALCS win.

We proceeded to not win another game.
Bregxit
AG
bullard21k said:

iBrad said:

For all the **** talking we do here, Tampa's staff is filthy top to bottom. Add to that the fact that our top four were the only guys to see the same pitcher twice (Glasnow faced 13 batters) and it makes for some very difficult hitting. Like Papi, ARod and Frank said last night, even when you know what's coming it still isn't easy to hit it.
Mr.Ackar07
I feel like if the Astros can pull off a Game 1 win with Greinke on the mound then that is a steal. Greinke can be hit or miss depending on the day, so if you can pull that off and still have Verlander and Cole in the wings for up to 4 more starts if needed, then the Astros should be favorites.

At the same time, if the Astros lose Game 1, then games 2 and 3 are must wins.
Beat40
Ag_07 said:

Last year someone started talking about sweeping the entire postseason after the ALDS and the GM 1 ALCS win.

We proceeded to not win another game.

I actually agree with Trex here. Our words have no affect on how either the Astros or the Yankees play. What words could you say on this form to make Altuve hit another HR?

It's a little silly to tell someone they can't envision or talk about the possibility of a sweep if things go well in games 1 and 2. It may not be realistic, and we can have that discussion, but I've got no problem with someone saying if we were able to take games 1 and 2, and then with Cole in game 3 that a sweep could be a possibility.

It's the postseason. Let's have some fun instead of trying to police some type of mojo or whatever.
aTm2004
AG
Oyster DuPree said:

spadilly said:

Off days...

Who keeps letting this man into the stadium on off days?

Marsellus Wallace
Pahdz
Shirt made by Third Ward Nine, a company a couple of my buddy's are part owners in, you can get it here

https://thirdwardnine.com/collections/tees/products/cole-45

Well...at least you could...now sold out!
ClickClack
AG
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Bregxit said:

bullard21k said:

iBrad said:

For all the **** talking we do here, Tampa's staff is filthy top to bottom. Add to that the fact that our top four were the only guys to see the same pitcher twice (Glasnow faced 13 batters) and it makes for some very difficult hitting. Like Papi, ARod and Frank said last night, even when you know what's coming it still isn't easy to hit it.

This is accurate. Imagine Tampa next year if they can keep the same core together and have a healthy Snell and Glasnow... they will be a force to be reckoned with.
Mr.Ackar07
Any changes to the roster for the ALCS? I can't envision any unless they want to trade Rondon for Peacock.
Mr President Elect
AG
One silver linning to going 5, is that we had some guys in a mini-slump finishing up the regular season and that continued for the most part of this series. So the extra games gave a couple of guys such as George and Brantley a few additional at-bats to come out of it heading into the ALCS.
Mathguy64
AG
Tampa's recipe (really Cash's recipe) is to be flexible and swap pitchers as needed for matchups. Hinch countered very well moving Brantley up in the 2 hole. Hinch admitted he was doing that to make Cash think about having to swap pitchers more often or to create matchup problems. Next season with the 3 batter minimum Cash will not be able to bring in a 1-2 batter guy.
First Page Last Page
Page 1363 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.