***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,921,214 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Mathguy64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Correa at $7.4MM That was one damn expensive massage.
Teddy Perkins
AG
bearkatag15
AG
I agree. Looking at all the other estimates across the league, George has the 2nd highest arbitration number estimated behind Mookie Betts at $27.7MM

Only others that come close are

Kris Bryant - $18.5MM
Trevor Bauer - $18.6MM
Farmer1906
AG
I'm surprised Carlos is so low.
Aggie Pharmer
AG
Watching the presser now. What's Altuve got going on with his right eye? Looks like the edge of the iris closest to his nose is somewhat not "perfectly" circular. Has it always been like that?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Wow, it's already 2020!

Quote:

Astros slumping hard, Rays surging, good season fellas, see yall next year
Agnzona
Do players arbitration salary ever go down?
"Fort Worth where the West begins...and Dallas is where the East peters out!"
mwm
Late in last night's game there was a camera shot of our dugout. I was left with an impression thinking there may be more to that story.

There was one player on the bench with his head down and everyone else on the rail. And, no, I'm not going to say who I think that player might have been.

Does that strike anyone else as "odd"? Maybe I'm reading into it much more than I should. I just found it strange.

Anybody else remember it?
bearkatag15
AG
1st question to AJ is if he envisions any changes to the lineup tomorrow. He said no basically. Said Maldy will catch but doesn't view this offense as struggling currently. Just thinks the pitching has been that good from TB.
astros4545
AG
I saw Kyle Tucker on bench in 9th inning
Everyone else in dugout rail

I wouldn't read anything into it
bearkatag15
AG
bearkatag15 said:

1st question to AJ is if he envisions any changes to the lineup tomorrow. He said no basically. Said Maldy will catch but doesn't view this offense as struggling currently. Just thinks the pitching has been that good from TB.
He just said Yordan will be in the 5 hole tomorrow. Means Brantley isn't moving down.
Charlie Conway
MuckRaker96 said:

Wow, it's already 2020!

Quote:

Astros slumping hard, Rays surging, good season fellas, see yall next year

I posted to vent, didn't ***** and whine all game or post anything else negative. I settled down and came back level headed this morning. If that bothers you then you can go **** yourself.
spadilly
S
Farmer1906
AG
mwm said:

Late in last night's game there was a camera shot of our dugout. I was left with an impression thinking there may be more to that story.

There was one player on the bench with his head down and everyone else on the rail. And, no, I'm not going to say who I think that player might have been.

Does that strike anyone else as "odd"? Maybe I'm reading into it much more than I should. I just found it strange.

Anybody else remember it?
Maybe he was praying. What do you have against Jesus?
BMX Bandit
Quote:

If that were the case there is no reason to not offer a long term contract and lock him up for probably less than that firs 5-6 years...no way we pay him 21 mil for a single year
Why would he agree to take less than that in his first 5-6 year?
Ag13
AG
https://texags.com/forums/11/topics/3066584

Cross posting to this thread. Have 2 pairs available for tomorrow night. One upper level and one lower level.

I'll still be going and still optimistic just wanted to pass on to TexAgs!
Farmer1906
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Quote:

If that were the case there is no reason to not offer a long term contract and lock him up for probably less than that firs 5-6 years...no way we pay him 21 mil for a single year
Agreed.

Look what the going rate is.

Trout: 12 years - 35.5 per. Signed in 2019
Cespedes: 4 years - 37.5 per. Signed in 2017
Harper: 13 years - 25.3 per. Signed in 2019
Heyward: 8 years - 23 per. Signed in 2016
Ellsbury: 7 years - 21.8 per. Signed in 2014.
Upton: 5 years - 21.2 M per. Signed in 2018.

Where do you think George fits in?

I would think it would make sense to make him an offer this year. This way he can get a little more money sooner (21M to 25-28ish), it keeps him from hitting the market, and it hopefully locks him in until a younger age. Meaning, give him a 6 years deal at 30 and not a 6 year deal at 31.

Anyway, lets cut the BS offseason talk. We have postseason baseball to discuss.
Teddy Perkins
AG
Call your shot - Astros win or lose tomorrow?

My prediction: W for the good guys. Cole cements his place in Astros lore. MMP is the loudest it's ever been. Bregman and Altuve hit bombs.
Farmer1906
AG
Dub all the way
aTm2004
AG
Win. Bats come alive when Springer leads off with one on the tracks.
Mr.Ackar07
Teddy Perkins said:

My prediction: W for the good guys. Cole cements his place in Astros lore. MMP is the loudest it's ever been. Bregman and Altuve hit bombs.

I think it starts out slow for 3 innings before the Astros readjust to Glasnow and go on a tear to make it a not-close final score.
Cromagnum
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

We come out flat. Stadium is quiet and we get in a 2 run deficit early. We rally in the 4-5th innings and lead comfortably the rest of the way for the W.
Ag13
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

Win. Over hits because offense finally comes through in a big way. Springer lead off dinger. Yordan hits one over the tracks and/or off the big board. Cole dominant..at least 13 strikeouts.
Cromagnum
AG
I found the root of our problem boys.

bullard21k
AG
Cromagnum said:

I found the root of our problem boys.

They talking about the gold star from our 92-96 teams?

Not sure what they mean
Farmer1906
AG

PhatMack19
AG
Cards already up 2 in the top of 1. Bases loaded 1 out
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Farmer1906 said:

BMX Bandit said:

Quote:

Agreed.

I would think it would make sense to make him an offer this year. This way he can get a little more money sooner (21M to 25-28ish), it keeps him from hitting the market, and it hopefully locks him in until a younger age. Meaning, give him a 6 years deal at 30 and not a 6 year deal at 31.

Notice that none of those contracts are offered by the Astros for one...not necessarily that he will offer a home town discount but I think he would look at it more like AB did, get a longer term deal and go play ball..oh and I get to do that for the team I came up with and won a W.S. with, awesome even better...

Bregman was willing to do a deal much less than those you listed so what makes you think that Springer wouldn't? He is older than Bregman, and arguably more replaceable being an outfielder vs 3B/SS

Also look at the offers you have listed.....none of those have paid off worth a damn, not saying Trout isnt all world player but he is on a team that might not ever get an ALDS victory
Teddy Perkins
AG
PhatMack19 said:

Cards already up 2 in the top of 1. Bases loaded 1 out
Make that 4-0. Two on, one out.
PhatMack19
AG
Braves already headed to the bullpen in the 1st. That racist Braves crowd got quite real quick.
Cromagnum
AG
Yeah, those are the fugly hats alright. The Cowboys suck too bad to have the Astros rub off on them, but we dont want to be associated and get their bad juju in our club.
Farmer1906
AG
cpsencik04 said:

Farmer1906 said:

BMX Bandit said:

Quote:

Agreed.

Notice that none of those contracts are offered by the Astros for one...not necessarily that he will offer a home town discount but I think he would look at it more like AB did, get a longer term deal and go play ball..oh and I get to do that for the team I came up with and won a W.S. with, awesome even better...

Bregman was willing to do a deal much less than those you listed so what makes you think that Springer wouldn't? He is older than Bregman, and arguably more replaceable being an outfielder vs 3B/SS

Also look at the offers you have listed.....none of those have paid off worth a damn, not saying Trout isnt all world player but he is on a team that might not ever get an ALDS victory
my last post on this.

This is a very different situation then Bregman. We had him for 2 years really cheap then 3 years of arb. He took a discount to get his money now. It only extended him by 2 years. He will still hit the market in his prime and make stupid money.

George was held down in the majors for financial reasons. He was an older rookie and is hitting the market at 31. This is his one big shot to get paid. He's going to get 20+ next year in arb so the money early carrot isnt there for him.

PhatMack19
AG
7-0 Cards still hitting. Wow
Teddy Perkins
AG
PhatMack19 said:

7-0 Cards still hitting. Wow
9-0, still one out.
PhatMack19
AG
9-0 Cards with 1 out in the top of 1.

Hopefully we can do something like this tomorrow
First Page Last Page
Page 1310 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.