***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,887,856 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
WES2006AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Dirty Mike and the Boys said:

Did anyone get any seats not in the 400s? I doubt it, but just curious. Total ****show.
I clicked through the best available several times and didn't see anything that wasn't a 400 level in the corners.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
I had tickets to all 4 games and they got released due to a shopping cart error. This is great.
aggiederelict
I'm in 434. Could only get 2 tickets. Crazy. Might flip them for better seats. Anyone interested?
Bregxit
AG
WES2006AG said:

Dirty Mike and the Boys said:

Did anyone get any seats not in the 400s? I doubt it, but just curious. Total ****show.
I clicked through the best available several times and didn't see anything that wasn't a 400 level in the corners.

There is never anything but 400s and SRO for the CS and WS. Season ticket holders get their seats, partials and special groups (sponsors, etc) get first picks of what's left. That eats up 95% of the seats.
Juan Solo
AG
what game?
Ag12thman
AG

Hoping to see a lot of these sorts of celebrations tonight. Let's go!
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

I had tickets to all 4 games and they got released due to a shopping cart error. This is great.

Pretty much the worst day of my life
Big Al 1992
AG
I grabbed 2 SROs for game 2 and game 7 (if necessary)

Did SRO for WS games 4 and 5 in 2017 and it was awesome. Got my place staked out. Even better- WS SRO tix were $150. Went w friends to game 4 so sold my extra for $800. Took my brother to game 5. That's 4 WS tix for $600 then sold one of those for $800. Got to see loss at game 4, best game ever at game 5, and made $200 off the deal.
bearkatag15
AG

astros4545
AG
Looks like that group is in for a long evening
Farmer1906
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

Nuke LaLoosh said:

Happened to a lot of us.
Texaggie7nine
Nuke LaLoosh said:

Nuke LaLoosh said:

That's why I just committed to 1 game to make sure I got em.
7nine
astros4545
AG
The Milkman
AG
astros4545 said:

Problem is that is all MLB money. Not Astros. The team doesnt get anything from postseason ticket sales.
Mr.Ackar07
The Milkman said:

astros4545 said:

Problem is that is all MLB money. Not Astros. The team doesnt get anything from postseason ticket sales.
And a huge chunk of that goes to the players' playoff shares.
astros4545
AG
Well

Cole won't be getting a playoff share ever again if he leaves for a team in the AL West
jetch17
AG
Kate, you ready for tonight?

bearkatag15
AG
Right... Here is the breakdown from a fangraph's article:

Quote:

First things first. What type of postseason revenue must teams share with each other, the league and the players? Ticket revenue. Under MLB Rule 26, "paid attendance receipts" is defined as the "total sum of gross receipts from tickets sold" to each postseason game, minus any admission tax, sales tax or use tax. Game-day concessions, merchandise and other non-ticket revenue are not included.

MLB Rule 45 gives the Commissioner's Office 15% of the paid attendance receipts for all postseason games.
The remaining 85% is divided as follows:

• Fifty percent of the paid attendance receipts from the Wild Card games is contributed to the Players Pool. (This provision was added in the new CBA.)
  • Sixty percent of the paid attendance receipts from the first three games of the Division Series is contributed to the Players Pool.
  • Sixty percent of the paid attendance receipts from the first four games of the Championship Series and the World Series is contributed to the Players Pool.
  • All paid attendance receipts not paid to the Commissioner's Office or contributed to the Players Pool is shared equally between the two teams in each Series or Wild Card game.

The Players Pool money is divided among players on the postseason teams. The more successful the team, the more money to that team's players. Here's how the funds are distributed, per the CBA:

• World Series Winner: 36%
  • World Series Loser: 24%
  • Two Championship Series Losers: 24%
  • Four Division Series Losers: 13%
  • Wild Card Losers: 3%

bearkatag15
AG

Las Vegas Athletics?
devastor
AG
The Milkman said:

astros4545 said:

Ag13
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Las Vegas Athletics?
I would be so happy if there was an AL West team in Las Vegas. Would go once a year, at least.
E
AG
Ag13 said:

bearkatag15 said:

Las Vegas Athletics?
I would be so happy if there was an AL West team in Las Vegas. Would go once a year, at least.

Yearly trips to a Vegas in April to play golf and watch the Stro's whoop the A's
Farmer1906
AG
Does anyone have any extra to game 2? SRO? Anything?
PSully97
AG
I am too old and work too early, but for you young bucks, Dave Chapelle just announced he's having a show at House of Blues at 11 tonight Tickets go on sale in 5 minutes:

https://concerts1.livenation.com/event/3A005747164D6D3E?_ga=2.22594491.100162074.1570564205-1089385152.1570564205
TREX01
E said:

Ag13 said:

bearkatag15 said:

Las Vegas Athletics?

Yearly trips to a Vegas in April to play golf and watch the Stro's whoop the A's
This X a million. That's also final four time so it would be a crazy weekend.
Teddy Perkins
AG
PSully97 said:

I am too old and work too early, but for you young bucks, Dave Chapelle just announced he's having a show at House of Blues at 11 tonight Tickets go on sale in 5 minutes:

https://concerts1.livenation.com/event/3A005747164D6D3E?_ga=2.22594491.100162074.1570564205-1089385152.1570564205
Already in the waiting room.

Teddy Perkins
AG
Mathguy64
AG
Great. Now two guaranteed outs before Altuve.

Seriously, before anyone loses their minds
PSully97
AG
Reddick

the last of the bohemians
Reddick
bearkatag15
AG
Hinch obviously doesn't care about winning this game. If he did he would have moved Springer and Brantley down to 6/7 in the lineup. This is all on Cole tomorrow cause tonight will be a big L
maca1028
We're still 3 hours out and it's already started.
Harry Dunne
AJ needs to play Tucker and Reddick concurrently. That guarantees a great game out of Reddick, at least. He's like a dog in heat as soon as they put ratatouille in the game.
wangus12
AG
Charlie Conway
it's getting hard to differentiate between satire and meltdown posts on this thread

also I was in the Dave Chappelle ticket waiting room with over 2,000 people ahead of me, so yeah, I'll just go to sleep at a regular time tonight.
First Page Last Page
Page 1266 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.