***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,847,258 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
AggiEE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dodgers walk it off

You gotta be ****ing kidding me
Mathguy64
AG
The Dodgers have an 8 game lead on the Braves. It's 13 on the Cubs. It goes downhill from there. Basically they have no competition.
ChAg1799
AG
This is one of the best baseball teams I have ever seen on paper. Watching them play is a massive joy. Houston has never had a team this good in any sport...

We need to appreciate the hell out of what we have and soak it in...
Beat40
AggiEE said:

Dodgers walk it off

I'm not too worried about it. I want to have homefield all the way through, but I would be ok as long as we had hoemfield all the way through the AL.

Really need the Yanks to go on and lose some.
Marvin
AG
AggiEE said:

Dodgers walk it off

Cardinals have been Boston level bad since Goldschmidt hit his homer off Pressley, losing 8 of their last 10.
Marvin
AG
Beat40 said:

Really need the Yanks to go on and lose some.

Really need the Yanks to play somebody with a pulse.
Prosperdick
AG
I just want us to stay healthy...I don't think home field would even matter at this point.

Don't get me wrong, I hope we finish with the best record in baseball but this lineup is incredible and '27 Yankee comparisons should start happening if they continue to mash like this (but it's all about staying off the IL).

If we lose homefield do you think Cole, Verlander, or Grienke will be intimidated in New York? In Los Angeles? Nope.
Beat40
Prosperdick said:

I just want us to stay healthy...I don't think home field would even matter at this point.

Don't get me wrong, I hope we finish with the best record in baseball but this lineup is incredible and '27 Yankee comparisons should start happening if they continue to mash like this (but it's all about staying off the IL).

If we lose homefield do you think Cole, Verlander, or Grienke will be intimidated in New York? In Los Angeles? Nope.
Ultimately I agree with you that health is the most important aspect.
bullard21k
AG
Prosperdick said:

Teddy Perkins said:

Hi.
Am I the only one who noticed Michelle in the background and wished she was in focus, I bet she looks hot in those tight black pants. Poor Julia is probably feeling the heat.

Julia feeling the heat of what? Not being to complete sentences and overall sounding like a complete moron 95% of the time?
Ag_07
AG
Haha! Exactly

Michelle is a smoke show but Julia is very good at what she does. It shows when Michelle fills in.
Harry Dunne
bullard21k said:

Prosperdick said:

Teddy Perkins said:

Hi.
Am I the only one who noticed Michelle in the background and wished she was in focus, I bet she looks hot in those tight black pants. Poor Julia is probably feeling the heat.

Julia feeling the heat of what? Not being to complete sentences and overall sounding like a complete moron 95% of the time?

Bregxit
AG
Prosperdick said:

I like your enthusiasm but let's not forget both JV and Cole shat the bed last year in Boston. Anything can happen.
bullard21k
AG
Ag_07 said:

Haha! Exactly

Michelle is a smoke show but Julia is very good at what she does. It shows when Michelle fills in.

It's painful to listen to. She doesn't know baseball and seriously has trouble completing a full thought. Collective eye roll when she's working most nights
jkag89
bullard21k said:

Prosperdick said:

Teddy Perkins said:

Hi.

Julia is plenty hot just in looks, the fact she knows baseball makes Julia >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> whoever the scrub is when she gets days off.
W
AG
at least the Astros have gained considerably on the Twins during this hot stretch. Now up on Minnesota by 4 1/2 games.

but the Yankees and Dodgers keep winning. All 3 teams are going to threaten 105 wins plus
McInnis
AG
Remember last year when some where comparing a certain prospect in the Astros organization to Ted Williams?
Turns out the comparison to Williams was ok, they just had the wrong prospect.

Career numbers:

Ted: BA .344, one HR per 14.9 ABs.

Yordan: .348/11.9

Never seen a rookie perform like this during all my years as an Astro fan. Roy O was close but this is ridiculous.
W
AG
one note...the Yankees & Dodgers play a 3-game series vs. one another the last weekend in August.

the 'stros will be hosting the Angels. Need to sweep Anaheim that weekend
W
AG
the Astros play the Angels 7 times in the last 10 days of the season.

will be interesting to see how many of their veterans they have shut down by then. Pujols, Upton, Simmons, or maybe even Trout
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Prosperdick
AG
W said:

will be interesting to see how many of their veterans they have shut down by then. Pujols, Upton, Simmons, or maybe even Trout

If Trout has a hangnail they should sit him although I doubt they will, especially against us. That's ok, we keep playing like we are I'm confident against anyone.
Bregxit
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Haha that's Phil Brayton!

https://theleadernews.com/life-of-the-party-brayton-unmistakable-fixture-at-white-linen-night/

Mathguy64
AG
W said:

And the last three for the Yankees? At the Texas Rangers. **** me. Those sad sacks would be praying for their team to roll over. I mean the gifts to Jobu and the number of chickens that lose their heads for their own team to lose a game will make Aztec ritual killings to the Sun God look like an accident in comparison.
fullback44
AG

Well I missed the game today but the replay sure looks great
8T2
Yankees finish up playing 25 games against teams with winning records. Dodgers play 18. Astros finish up with 15.

Maybe more important, games against teams double digits under .500:

Houston - 22
New York - 21
Los Angeles - 15

So there's that.
Buck Compton
AG
Buck Compton said:

bearkatag15 said:

52 games remain this season

(TBD) (7-3) 10 vs LAA, 3 home, 3 home, 4 away
(3-0, TBD) (6-3) 9 vs SEA, 3 home, 4 home, 2 away
(TBD) (3-1) 4 vs DET, home
(TBD) (1-2) 3 vs TOR, away
(TBD) (2-1) 3 vs KC, away
(TBD) (3-0) 3 vs BAL, away
(TBD) (1-2) 3 vs CWS, away
(2-0) (1-1) 2 vs COL, home
(TBD) (2-0) 2 vs TEX, home

That's 39 of the 52. The remaining 13 vs teams with an actual pulse.

(TBD) (5-3) 8 vs OAK, 4 away, 4 home
(TBD) (1-1) 2 vs MIL, away
(TBD) (2-1) 3 vs TB, 3 home

Thoughts on potential final record? 34-18 the rest of the way gets the franchise record in wins.
I put my predictions above and added the 2 games with Texas you had as Toronto, along with home or away for context. Surprisingly after going series by series and not doing any fudging, my predictions ended up right at 34-18.
Updated my predictions.... already two games ahead of my projected pace, so updating it to 31-16 get to a final record of 106-56. Just keep it up, bats. A 7-3 road trip against BAL, CWS, and OAK would still be a success. Shouldn't expect worse than 6-4.
Frok
AG
Farmer1906
AG

Hitting 30 bombs in triple A is usually not a good sign. It means we're wasting our top prospect.
Farmer1906
AG
Josh Reddick's last 900 plate appearances. (18-19)

.257 Avg
.316 Obp
.400 Slg
.716 Ops
95 wRC+

There is some stark differences between 18 and 19 Reddick (ex better avg vs taking more walks) but ultimately he's still just average to slightly below. What worries me somewhat is that his defense has dropped off. He had a surprisingly good defensively in 2018. This year, he's not bad but he's not good either. His sprint speed took a nice little hit as he hit 32 years of age. I don't think we can expect too much more of a Reddick than what we've been getting and maybe a little worse as he ages.

I highly doubt anything happens this year, but I think we're doing ourself a disservice if we don't open up a competition in 2020.
Mathguy64
AG
That's why Lunhow had to keep Tucker at all costs. It's no guarantee but a lot hinges on him not being a bust.
AggiEE
Farmer1906 said:

.257 Avg
.316 Obp
.400 Slg
.716 Ops
95 wRC+

There is some stark differences between 18 and 19 Reddick (ex better avg vs taking more walks) but ultimately he's still just average to slightly below. What worries me somewhat is that his defense has dropped off. He had a surprisingly good defensively in 2018. This year, he's not bad but he's not good either. His sprint speed took a nice little hit as he hit 32 years of age. I don't think we can expect too much more of a Reddick than what we've been getting and maybe a little worse as he ages.

I highly doubt anything happens this year, but I think we're doing ourself a disservice if we don't open up a competition in 2020.

I want that competition to start this year. Hopefully in September they split playing time 50/50

Deluxe
AG
Farmer1906 said:

.257 Avg
.316 Obp
.400 Slg
.716 Ops
95 wRC+

Now that we've got Greinke on the books and lots of guys due big raises, I don't think there's any chance Reddick and his $13 million are back next year.
gougler08
AG
Deluxe said:

Farmer1906 said:

.257 Avg
.316 Obp
.400 Slg
.716 Ops
95 wRC+

Now that we've got Greinke on the books and lots of guys due big raises, I don't think there's any chance Reddick and his $13 million are back next year.

Agreed, especially if we are really going to try and re-sign Cole. Tucker is our 3rd outfielder next year
BMX Bandit
Reddick isn't going to be easy to move. Who is going rot want him?
Ag_07
AG
I wouldn't mind seeing Tucker be a Sept call up and getting some ML ABs but I'm not ready to give him meaningful playoff ABs or open up a competition for Reddick's spot in September.

Save that stuff for ST and lets ride with what's won us 100+ games this season.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Ag_07 said:

I wouldn't mind seeing Tucker be a Sept call up and getting some ML ABs but I'm not ready to give him meaningful playoff ABs or open up a competition for Reddick's spot in September.

Save that stuff for ST and lets ride with what's won us 100+ games this season.

No you go with the person who gives you the best chance to win
First Page Last Page
Page 798 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.