***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

1,781,849 Views | 37315 Replies | Last: 30 min ago by Mr.Ackar07
titanmaster_race
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BMX Bandit said:

Reddick isn't going to be easy to move. Who is going rot want him?


The dodgers took Tyler White.

I'm sure Luhnow can find a team that wants a much better player.
shano0603
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jkag89 said:

bullard21k said:

Prosperdick said:

Teddy Perkins said:



Hi.
Am I the only one who noticed Michelle in the background and wished she was in focus, I bet she looks hot in those tight black pants. Poor Julia is probably feeling the heat.

Julia feeling the heat of what? Not being to complete sentences and overall sounding like a complete moron 95% of the time?
Julia is plenty hot just in looks, the fact she knows baseball makes Julia >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> whoever the scrub is when she gets days off.

Julia and hot should never be said in the same sentence. She's not that attractive.
third coast..
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
shano0603 said:

jkag89 said:

bullard21k said:

Prosperdick said:

Teddy Perkins said:



Hi.
Am I the only one who noticed Michelle in the background and wished she was in focus, I bet she looks hot in those tight black pants. Poor Julia is probably feeling the heat.

Julia feeling the heat of what? Not being to complete sentences and overall sounding like a complete moron 95% of the time?
Julia is plenty hot just in looks, the fact she knows baseball makes Julia >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> whoever the scrub is when she gets days off.

Julia and hot should never be said in the same sentence. She's not that attractive.


Agree with this. Prepared to get the full ire of the board.
BMX Bandit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
titanmaster_race said:

BMX Bandit said:

Reddick isn't going to be easy to move. Who is going rot want him?


The dodgers took Tyler White.

I'm sure Luhnow can find a team that wants a much better player.


Tyler white makes $582k
BMX Bandit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Cole ain't coming back. Crane has already essentially said that.
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Cole ain't coming back. Crane has already essentially said that.

Is it likely he's gone? Yes

Is it a certainty? No
Teddy Perkins
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Reddick is due 13M next year. Astros will have to pay that down to move him which may not be worth it.
Kashchei
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
shano0603 said:

jkag89 said:

bullard21k said:

Prosperdick said:

Teddy Perkins said:



Hi.
Am I the only one who noticed Michelle in the background and wished she was in focus, I bet she looks hot in those tight black pants. Poor Julia is probably feeling the heat.

Julia feeling the heat of what? Not being to complete sentences and overall sounding like a complete moron 95% of the time?
Julia is plenty hot just in looks, the fact she knows baseball makes Julia >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> whoever the scrub is when she gets days off.

Julia and hot should never be said in the same sentence. She's not that attractive.


Rule 1 on the dime you're bangin'
AstroAggie15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
shano0603 said:

jkag89 said:

bullard21k said:

Prosperdick said:

Teddy Perkins said:



Hi.
Am I the only one who noticed Michelle in the background and wished she was in focus, I bet she looks hot in those tight black pants. Poor Julia is probably feeling the heat.

Julia feeling the heat of what? Not being to complete sentences and overall sounding like a complete moron 95% of the time?
Julia is plenty hot just in looks, the fact she knows baseball makes Julia >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> whoever the scrub is when she gets days off.

Julia and hot should never be said in the same sentence. She's not that attractive.


1. Apologize
2. Go put your rangers hat back on from 2010
96ags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Prosperdick said:

I just want us to stay healthy...I don't think home field would even matter at this point.

Don't get me wrong, I hope we finish with the best record in baseball but this lineup is incredible and '27 Yankee comparisons should start happening if they continue to mash like this (but it's all about staying off the IL).

If we lose homefield do you think Cole, Verlander, or Grienke will be intimidated in New York? In Los Angeles? Nope.
That is my biggest fear with Grienke.
CFTXAG10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I care more about getting home field advantage in the AL vs. having best overall record. If we can pull that off we would have our first 2 games in the ALDS on a Friday/Saturday. Then if you punch your ticket to the LCS you would have all your home games on Saturday/Sunday.

The World Series is interesting. Team with the worse record actually gets their home games Friday/Saturday/Sunday this year.
mazag08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I mentioned when we played the Cardinals that we were playing a team with Goldschmidt and a bunch of scrubs who happened to be hot.

I got berated.

Well, St Louis is back to reality.. a team that flirts around .500 who has played above the sum of its parts.
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looks like Urquidy is handling the demotion well
abacavir
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What happened to the dark hair girl that used to post and pre game in the studio she was cute!
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
With the 2-3-2 format I don't mind not having home field advantage. I think it sets up really nice having 3 home games back to back to back. I'm not convinced that the team with home field advantage actually has a big advantage with the current format.

Imagine this...Steal 1 of the first 2 on the road (JV or Cole) then come home to play 3 straight with Greinke, Miley, JV going in games 3-5. With that set up whoever we're playing that has home field advantage would have their backs against the wall REAL quick with a split.

I guess the point is with the team we have it's gonna be tough for whoever we're playing and having 3 games in a row here at home is not a bad thing.
superaggie73
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What is this 2-3-1-1 format you speak of? I've heard of 2-3-2 and 2-2-1-1-1, but never 2-3-1-1. Is it new?

And not trying to sound like a jerk, I'm just curious.
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
You're right...2-3-2
AgFan1999
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ALDS is 2-2-1, ALCS is 2-3-2, World Series is 2-3-2.
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yeah I got mixed up

Point being the 3 games in a row at home is actually really nice.

I remember thinking during the 2017 ALCS...We won the first 2 games here but somehow NY has an advantage with having 3 games at home.
Andyzipp
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ag_07 said:

With the 2-3-2 format I don't mind not having home field advantage. I think it sets up really nice having 3 home games back to back to back. I'm not convinced that the team with home field advantage actually has a big advantage with the current format.

Imagine this...Steal 1 of the first 2 on the road (JV or Cole) then come home to play 3 straight with Greinke, Miley, JV going in games 3-5. With that set up whoever we're playing that has home field advantage would have their backs against the wall REAL quick with a split.

I guess the point is with the team we have it's gonna be tough for whoever we're playing and having 3 games in a row here at home is not a bad thing.
The 2019 ALCS and World Series are 2-3-2. so...

https://www.mlb.com/fans/postseason#ws
MelvinUdall
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BMX Bandit said:

titanmaster_race said:

BMX Bandit said:

Reddick isn't going to be easy to move. Who is going rot want him?


The dodgers took Tyler White.

I'm sure Luhnow can find a team that wants a much better player.


Tyler white makes $582k


And he spent every penny of that on donuts and Whataburger, he has now switched it up to In N Out.
Teddy Perkins
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Kaplan on Tucker's potential playing time in September and Reddick's chances of being traded next year.

Quote:

With (Josh) Reddick struggling, how do you think the RF playing time will be split in August when (Kyle) Tucker is recalled?

If the Astros maintain their health, Tucker won't be called up from Triple A until rosters expand in September. Even then, I doubt he will play a ton. He will probably get the occasional start in left or right field and maybe even see some time at first base if the team is comfortable with his work at the position. If anything, Jake Marisnick stands to benefit playing time-wise from Reddick's offensive struggles more than anyone else.

Do you think the fact that the Astros insisted on keeping Tucker means they will try to trade Reddick or someone else in the offseason? Or is it possible they keep Tucker in Triple A for next season, as well? It doesn't seem like he has a lot left to prove in Triple A other than working on playing first base from time to time.

I think the Astros' refusal to part with Tucker was made more so with an eye toward 2021 and beyond, as Springer, Michael Brantley, Reddick and Marisnick are each set to be free agents after the 2020 season.

That being said, if the Astros look to move an outfielder to clear a 2020 spot for Tucker, Reddick is the obvious candidate.According to Rosenthal in December, the Astros were open to trading Reddick last offseason but developed little traction in their attempts.

Reddick currently has a .711 OPS that equates to an 88 OPS+, meaning he's been 12 percent worse than the MLB average, and he's owed $13 million in 2020. He's an above-average defender in right field, but the Astros might find it challenging to move him without paying down some of his salary or packaging him with a prospect. If that's the case, it wouldn't be that surprising to see him return next season.

Even if Tucker is still blocked on opening day of next season, he will have fewer players ahead of him because Tony Kemp, Derek Fisher and Tyler White are now elsewhere. And if Tucker proves to be a viable option at first base, the greater the potential for opportunities when injuries inevitably strike.
Marvin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
shano0603 said:




Julia and hot should never be said in the same sentence. She's not that attractive.

See, I agree but I also get the attraction. Personality, baseball knowledge, very fit... not a classic beauty, but the sum is definitely greater than the parts.

n_touch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Grienke has pitched in LA so Im not worried about that. I would assume his problems are in dealing with people face to face and in groups. The mound is probably his comfortable spot that he knows he can control.
dshedd14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S

http://houseofhouston.com/author/dshedd/
Mr.Bond
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MMP getting netted fully extended down the foul lines
I'm looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. I'm just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.


H-Town 2017 WS Champions
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Teddy Perkins
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
More on Tucker.

Quote:

Tucker has lived up to his potential at Triple A this year, with an on-base percentage of .346, 23 doubles, 3 triples, 28 home runs and 81 runs batted in, all while swiping 24 bases in 27 attempts. Tucker showed some holes at the plate last year when he batted just .141 in 64 major-league at-bats, but then, remember that Aaron Judge of the Yankees hit just .179 in his first 84 bats. Tucker has been criticized for not having enough passion or sense of urgency, with some scouts comparing him to Travis Lee, Kevin McReynolds or J.D. Drew in that regard. However, no one can doubt his potential and talent, and he's now next man up if the Astros have an injury. There is a good chance that we'll get to see him, and shortly; the only issue is that he's blocked by so many star players on the big-league team. However, there's no doubt that his power and speed could help them win some games down the stretch. It could be a factor in securing home-field advantage in the playoffs.
Beat40
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Teddy Perkins said:

More on Tucker.

Quote:

Tucker has lived up to his potential at Triple A this year, with an on-base percentage of .346, 23 doubles, 3 triples, 28 home runs and 81 runs batted in, all while swiping 24 bases in 27 attempts. Tucker showed some holes at the plate last year when he batted just .141 in 64 major-league at-bats, but then, remember that Aaron Judge of the Yankees hit just .179 in his first 84 bats. Tucker has been criticized for not having enough passion or sense of urgency, with some scouts comparing him to Travis Lee, Kevin McReynolds or J.D. Drew in that regard. However, no one can doubt his potential and talent, and he's now next man up if the Astros have an injury. There is a good chance that we'll get to see him, and shortly; the only issue is that he's blocked by so many star players on the big-league team. However, there's no doubt that his power and speed could help them win some games down the stretch. It could be a factor in securing home-field advantage in the playoffs.

Why did you bold that part and not offer a comment? I'm just trying to figure out what you're wanting to say.
Mr.Ackar07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Beat40 said:

Teddy Perkins said:

More on Tucker.

Quote:

Tucker has lived up to his potential at Triple A this year, with an on-base percentage of .346, 23 doubles, 3 triples, 28 home runs and 81 runs batted in, all while swiping 24 bases in 27 attempts. Tucker showed some holes at the plate last year when he batted just .141 in 64 major-league at-bats, but then, remember that Aaron Judge of the Yankees hit just .179 in his first 84 bats. Tucker has been criticized for not having enough passion or sense of urgency, with some scouts comparing him to Travis Lee, Kevin McReynolds or J.D. Drew in that regard. However, no one can doubt his potential and talent, and he's now next man up if the Astros have an injury. There is a good chance that we'll get to see him, and shortly; the only issue is that he's blocked by so many star players on the big-league team. However, there's no doubt that his power and speed could help them win some games down the stretch. It could be a factor in securing home-field advantage in the playoffs.

Why did you bold that part and not offer a comment? I'm just trying to figure out what you're wanting to say.
Some players start slow before becoming the all-star they are. Judge and Bregman are perfect examples. Tucker could be the same.
BMX Bandit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Is it really that hard to decipher?
CFTXAG10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Mr.Ackar07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
CFTXAG10 said:


I wonder how much less value those seats along the 3rd base line that jut out into left field will have now that all of those potential foul balls are gone?
Teddy Perkins
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just that not too much stock should be given to Tucker's struggles during his call-up from last year.
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG


This seems pretty dumb to me.
Page 799 of 1067
 
×
Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.