***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,880,616 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
RC_57
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Think Hinch needs to wait a bit before looking over the to-go menu

Or not.
mwm
We were here less than 24 hours ago.
tremble
AG
Yeahhhhh
cap-n-jack
Whoop!
JABQ04
AG
Nice home stand. I love to win them all but I'll take 5/6 every time.
cablinaggie
AG
Luckily Hermann sucks.

Whew
k20dub
AG
7.5 game division lead
Silent For Too Long
W.

7.5 game division lead.
AgSportsFan89
AG
4 straight batters hit the first pitch in play then the 5th batter strikes out on 3 pitches. What a weird final inning. Oh well. Just win baby!
Farmer1906
AG
cap-n-jack
Fubo is cool and cheap but it's about 2 min behind real time.
Ag12thman
AG
Great win, but geez Osuna. Guy seems to be mental and needs to get a grip. I know it's easier said than done, but get it fixed before we get too close to the postseason.
Mr President Elect
AG
cap-n-jack said:

Pretty much all streaming services are a little behind. Used to have a friend constantly text me during football games after big plays... really annoying.
suburban cowboy
mwm
If that's the A's strategy, why throw a first pitch strike? See if they'll go fishing. Strange to me...

Bottom line is it's a win!
Mr President Elect
AG
mwm said:

If that's the A's strategy, why throw a first pitch strike? See if they'll go fishing. Strange to me...

Bottom line is it's a win!
Ummm I think he finally caught on to it on the last batter as it was out of the zone. Also the second to last batter barely made contact, don't remember where the location was but was probably pitching away from contact there too.
irish pete ag06
AG
willjohnathan said:

cap-n-jack said:

Pretty much all streaming services are a little behind. Used to have a friend constantly text me during football games after big plays... really annoying.
That's why I only check text messages during commercial breaks while watching live sports.
Ag_07
AG
cap-n-jack said:

This has caught my attention but they don't have ESPN and SEC Network.

How do you plan on getting through football season?
Phrasing
AG
Once Pressley is 100%, do we flip him and Osuna?
3B Paul 97
AG
Altuve is 3 hits from 1,500. Not to shabby for under 9 years in the bigs.
n_touch
Quote:

This might be a little bit out there... but I've always felt Bregman has had an ever so small chip on his shoulder when it comes to Correa. They kept Carlos at short over him.... Carlos went #1 and he went #2.... etc. Again, might be looking into it a little too deep, but interested to see Alex's production once Carlos is back.
I hope not, if Correa has to be in the lineup for Bregman to do well then we are basically out two players for 1/3 of each season
Beat40
irish pete ag06 said:

willjohnathan said:

cap-n-jack said:

That's why I only check text messages during commercial breaks while watching live sports.
Or just tell your buddy to wait 30 seconds after a big play.

Had a friend at game 2 of the WS in 2017 and I had to ask him to wait 30 seconds before texting me. Ha.

He also streamed the rest of the WS, so I had to wait 30 seconds before texting him during those games.

An understanding friend goes a long way!
Mr President Elect
AG
Not sure why we don't put a LH bat in the 2 spot and Altuve at 3, so we can have alternating sides. I'm ready to slide Bregman behind Yuli at this point and at the 7 spot once Correa comes back until his switch flips. It's not like he is being replaced in the lineup by a scrub.
KC_Ag14
AG
Haha good point! Think I'm thinking more along the lines of that we're getting into the dog days now.. and Carlos coming back may give Alex a kick in the asss.
Prosperdick
AG
AgSportsFan89 said:

4 straight batters hit the first pitch in play then the 5th batter strikes out on 3 pitches. What a weird final inning. Oh well. Just win baby!
If Altuve doesn't make that incredible play for the first out who knows what happens. Damn glad Jose had enough mustard on that throw.
cap-n-jack
We'll re-up the dish.
The Milkman
AG
n_touch said:

Quote:

This might be a little bit out there... but I've always felt Bregman has had an ever so small chip on his shoulder when it comes to Correa. They kept Carlos at short over him.... Carlos went #1 and he went #2.... etc. Again, might be looking into it a little too deep, but interested to see Alex's production once Carlos is back.
I hope not, if Correa has to be in the lineup for Bregman to do well then we are basically out two players for 1/3 of each season

Correa wears #1, Bregman wears #2...
titanmaster_race
The Milkman said:

n_touch said:

Quote:

Correa wears #1, Bregman wears #2...

Joke

You
bearkatag15
AG

Seriously...
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Things like this happen all the time. It has the potential to motivate the team, but if they need this to motivate them, they have bigger problems. Either way, hope we sweep them.
Mr.Ackar07
bearkatag15 said:

Seriously...
We've done that with the 1986 and 1997 teams
Ag_07
AG
No one on this team cares what happened in 2004.

Their motivation is wrapping up the division as soon as possible and having the #1 seed for the playoffs. Not revenge for 2004
titanmaster_race
Taking series against divisional opponents.
jkag89
Anyways wasn't '05 "revenge" enough for '04?

Have absolutely no problem with the Redbirds recognizing the anniversary of their '04 NL Pennant this weekend.
Bonfired
AG
Correa coming back just in time with a trip to an NL park on deck. Will Alvarez play in the field any, I wonder, or be limited to pinch-hitting?

Last night was frustrating, but gaining a game with 3 more behind us is an acceptable result.
First Page Last Page
Page 673 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.